Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any wiccan bronies on the forums?

~Sole~

I forgot to mention, that yes some people MAY have been helped to an extent by using one, how-ever, do not forget, even Dark Spirits can disguise themselves as Light Spirits. So, please, I beg of you, don't even consider putting your life and other people's lives in danger, but using one. There is nothing to gain from it.

What's funny is that I first heard of Ouija boards the other day watching a prank video of a wallet catching fire in a drive-thru! I don't think they're that well known outside of the US and China tbh, although similar methods of mediumistic spirit writing have been used in Rome and Medieval Europe. I'd never rely on things like that tho. I prefer to believe in the forces of nature themselves and nurture my own energy to be connected to it if I can.

• Brohoof 1

What's funny is that I first heard of Ouija boards the other day watching a prank video of a wallet catching fire in a drive-thru! I don't think they're that well known outside of the US and China tbh, although similar methods of mediumistic spirit writing have been used in Rome and Medieval Europe. I'd never rely on things like that tho. I prefer to believe in the forces of nature themselves and nurture my own energy to be connected to it if I can.

That's the best way to go about it, the people I've heard the bad stories from, are from people I knew from my old Wiccan meetup group (nothing like a Coven, basically just like a Brony meetup but with Wiccans/Pagans instead of Bronies), but they were significantly older than me, and have been Pagans/Wiccans from birth and are all in Australia, ofcourse, so Ouija boards, heck I even saw an ouija board being sold as a bucking game in a boardgame shop!

That's the best way to go about it, the people I've heard the bad stories from, are from people I knew from my old Wiccan meetup group (nothing like a Coven, basically just like a Brony meetup but with Wiccans/Pagans instead of Bronies), but they were significantly older than me, and have been Pagans/Wiccans from birth and are all in Australia, ofcourse, so Ouija boards, heck I even saw an ouija board being sold as a bucking game in a boardgame shop!

To be fair, that's how Ouija boards started out in the late 19th century in the US. Occult references involving said boards didn't actually surface until someone used them for divination purposes in WW1.

Edited by Freedan

To be fair, that's how Ouija boards started out in the late 19th century in the US. Occult references involving said boards didn't actually surface until someone used them for divination purposes in WW1.

True, but with how media portrays them these days, foolish teenagers and even adults will think it's all in good fun.

• Brohoof 1

True, but with how media portrays them these days, foolish teenagers and even adults will think it's all in good fun.

Capitalism at its finest. Even if something is scientifically proved harmful, big corps won't care and will just sugarcoat everything if it means making more money :/

• Brohoof 1

Capitalism at its finest. Even if something is scientifically proved harmful, big corps won't care and will just sugarcoat everything if it means making more money :/

Exactly, but I think we kind of went offtopic a little, I was just asking anyone who reads this not to use such things because, even though I don't know everyone on here,  I do care, and I just don't want them being harmed.

• Brohoof 1

I am an atheist but Paganism and Wiccanism are two spiritualities that do fascinate me, Paganism especially since it was basically the inspiration of many major beliefs today, which took a lot of things from Pagans and modified them. These two, along with Buddhism are probably the 3 belief systems that I have little to no problems with. Many Pagans/Wiccans/Buddhists tend to completely keep their beliefs to themselves it seems, which I respect. I also like the nature appreciation aspects. My brother's girlfriend is a Wiccan.

• Brohoof 2

I am an atheist but Paganism and Wiccanism are two spiritualities that do fascinate me, Paganism especially since it was basically the inspiration of many major beliefs today, which took a lot of things from Pagans and modified them. These two, along with Buddhism are probably the 3 belief systems that I have little to no problems with. Many Pagans/Wiccans/Buddhists tend to completely keep their beliefs to themselves it seems, which I respect. I also like the nature appreciation aspects. My brother's girlfriend is a Wiccan.

The main reason why a lot of Pagans/Wiccans keep their beliefs to themselves is that up until the 20th century, Paganism/Wiccanism was actually made illegal, and I am sure you are familiar with the Salem Witch Trials? Where a vast majority of people who were accused of Witchcraft, found guilty and either hung, burned at the stake or drowned, were innocent. The Witch Trials was a major farce by the Catholic Church, driven by hatred and fear.

EDIT: I love researching history, especially when it comes to such things like religion/faith/beliefs (I also have a fascination with researching massacres (i.e Wayco, Collumbine, Jonsetown), but I have locked that dark side of myself away), so while some of what I say may be here-say or not quite accurate, a large amount of it is truth and factual.

Edited by Dust Storm
  • Brohoof 1

The Witch Trials was a major farce by the Catholic Church, driven by hatred and fear.

And possibly also a way to get rid of political enemies and usurpers without causing too much unrest, but again that's beside the point. I think Buddhists and Taoists are also quite reserved for similar reasons, what with early communist China's persecution of anything even remotely religious. That being said, I have noticed the common aspect between Wicca and Tao after reading this thread, with both cultures/religions giving priority to freedom of belief rather than absolute conformity. I think the reason for Wicca doing so is the same as Tao and Buddhism in that you can't truly understand the concept of either without a free mind and spirit.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 2

Another reason many Pagans are reserved about their various belief is that we are not hypocrites. I don't know about the rest of you, but having people be pushy about religion gets annoying. Unless the topic is already religion, bringing it up is annoying and a discredit to the people who hold that belief. The prejudice against people who do not follow abrahamic paths is shrinking, but the reason it may seem as if our culture does not welcoming our beliefs, may simply be that  we are not as pushy.

Slightly off topic: The fact that we keep our beliefs hidden contributes to the need to keep them hidden. Stand with pride, stand behind your cause. Let the world know you are not ashamed because there is nothing to be ashamed of. That is all I ask from whoever reads this; stand.

• Brohoof 2

did i hear wiccan?

MERRY MEET MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!

iv notice that a lot of you are new to the path or have families who wouldnt really agree with the path... id be more than happy to answer questions and give advice!!! 

hit me up if you need me!

BLESSED BE

I was considering becoming Wiccan for a while. If I believe in anything, at the moment I'm a mix of pagan and buddhist. Kinda making my own spiritual path, but I still might become one (a Wiccan) someday.

your own path is the best path. i wouldnt worry about labeling yourself as any one religion.. its a lost cause in the end

Hello everybody. Recently someone whom I respect said something which I wish to share. He was talking about loyalty. Loyalty to family, religion, ancestry, country, and community. Afterwards, I asked myself this: how can I be loyal to both family and religion when I do not share my family's religion? This is a question that I believe many of us with christian family have asked at some point. The answer, I believe, is this: loyalty is not the same as agreement. I respect my parents as individuals, and I would do almost anything for my family even though I do not share their beliefs. I do not rub it in their face, I do not start conflicts with them, I honour their decisions, knowing that they are doing what they believe is best, just as everybody does. I may not follow their path or agree with some of their beliefs, but I remain loyal.

Another thing this person talked about is knowing what you are loyal to. How much do you know of your family history, your country, your ancestry, your friends, your religion, the communities you are with? In order to truly know yourself, you must know who and what you associate with. Do not develop tunnel vision, learn your history, both the good and bad.