Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crystal Heart and Tree of Harmony Equals?

Nature's Spell

I found it funny that the Tree of Harmony had the cutie makes the Mane 6 and the Royal sisters, but Cadence's was absent. This got me to thinking that the Crystal Heart is on a equal level to the Tree of Harmony. But this would mean, in some ways, that Cadence has more power centered on her than anypony else. Thoughts?

I noticed that as well. I'm wondering if they are trying to paint a much larger picture.

This is all head canon speculation when I say this but I'm wondering about the connection between the two. Something along the lines of a Heart of Equestria. Imho

• Brohoof 1

The Crystal Heart works depending on The emotion of the Crystal Ponies. If they are happy then Equestria is happy and if they are sad and scared then quess what?

Big difference between The Crystal Heart and the Tree of Harmony as one could be used by evil while the other could only be used by good guys

• Brohoof 2

I noticed that as well. I'm wondering if they are trying to paint a much larger picture.

This is all head canon speculation when I say this but I'm wondering about the connection between the two. Something along the lines of a Heart of Equestria. Imho

It's a good theory that they are connected and it would be interesting of the writers tie everything together.

Well its not really Her power is it. The crystal heart takes the love of a whole city (along with hers) to fire. the EoH only needed 6 ponies.

Honestly I'm unclear of her connection to the Crystal Heart beyond her Cutie Mark but you could say the same thing about the Mane 6 or the sisters. The power comes from another.

The Crystal Heart works depending on The emotion of the Crystal Ponies. If they are happy then Equestria is happy and if they are sad and scared then quess what?

Big difference between The Crystal Heart and the Tree of Harmony as one could be used by evil while the other could only be used by good guys

You mean Sombra? Was he actually using it or just suppressing it? I think the later.

Honestly I'm unclear of her connection to the Crystal Heart beyond her Cutie Mark but you could say the same thing about the Mane 6 or the sisters. The power comes from another.

What everyone finds odd about Cadence is that she appears to have earned her Crystal Heart cutie mark while both being a pegasus and not a crystal pony, while empire she is ment to rule out of phase for 1000 years and yet they all recognise her as the Crystal Princess, so there's either Predestination, Reincarnation, Time Travel or Cadence being a lot older than she looks at work here XD

Or Necromancy... dark books... bring her back to life.. tell her she's an alicorn, she'll never know she died... :P

Edited by Malinter

What everyone finds odd about Cadence is that she appears to have earned her Crystal Heart cutie mark while both being a pegasus and not a crystal pony, while empire she is ment to rule out of phase for 1000 years and yet they all recognise her as the Crystal Princess, so there's either Predestination, Reincarnation, Time Travel or Cadence being a lot older than she looks at work here XD

Exactly! I created a poll a few months back about her origins and I think predestination, reincarnation, or direct ancestry were some of the options. I'm more partial to predestination I think.

• Brohoof 1

You mean Sombra? Was he actually using it or just suppressing it? I think the later.

We are told that he is going to use it by Celestia. did you even watch the episode?

On topic the two have few little connection. The only thing those two have in common are their colours.

Exactly! I created a poll a few months back about her origins and I think predestination, reincarnation, or direct ancestry were some of the options. I'm more partial to predestination I think.

Predestination is the most likely, Twilight's cutie mark is present on the Tree of Harmony, prior to the defeat of Discord, centuries before Twilight is even born with the Mark. Knowing this, Celestia knew who Twilight was the instant she saw the mark.

We are told that he is going to use it by Celestia. did you even watch the episode?

On topic the two have few little connection. The only thing those two have in common are their colours.

Of course I've seen it and multiple times and although I disagree with how you view his relationship or intent with the Heart I won't quibble about it with you. As to your second point I guess time will tell.

@Nature's Spell-

Both, actually; it was implied once or twice that the Crystal Heart is a double-edged sword.

I'll have to re read the transcript. :-)

Predestination is the most likely, Twilight's cutie mark is present on the Tree of Harmony, prior to the defeat of Discord, centuries before Twilight is even born with the Mark. Knowing this, Celestia knew who Twilight was the instant she saw the mark.

Yeah I agree with you about Celestia although we may never hear her admit it in a episode. It's a interesting idea.

Sombra can't use the Crystal Heart as it is. His sujbects had no love for him and he knew that firing it would kill him. If anything I imagine he would have tried to corrupt it which probably had something to do with the mining for the black crystals. Maybe with a tainted heart powered by fear it would be a pretty devastating weapon.

Although I'm sure the EoH would have just petrified it had they decided to aim them at the heart instead of at Sombra himself.

Yeah I agree with you about Celestia although we may never hear her admit it in a episode. It's a interesting idea.

I'm pretty sure Twilight has already figured it out. I just realised that now that the tree has the new EoH, they add her friends marks to the tree as well,  will its magic start effecting their destinies as well? The whole six keys thing implies it will.

I keep getting the feeling that the Elements of Harmony are more than simple tools.

They may be the heart of Equestria, since they keep Everfree from growing too much. It is also what allows the ponies to use their magic and care for the rest of Equestria, by doing just that, radiating harmony. But this is heavy speculation.

Curiously, Equestria lived just fine without the Crystal Heart. I think it's not a matter of which is more powerful, but both being part of a whole. While the Elements are keeping Equestria relatively free of harm, the Crystal Heart is spreading good feelings throughout Equestria... IF it is being well used. And that is why Sombra was a big menace.

• Brohoof 1

The main thing we have to keep in mind is that the main six are the living embodiment of the elements. The elements themselves are irrelevant, it's the tree that protects Equestria, so long as the main six maintain the spirit of harmony, which we hope they do.

• Brohoof 3

The main thing we have to keep in mind is that the main six are the living embodiment of the elements. The elements themselves are irrelevant, it's the tree that protects Equestria, so long as the main six maintain the spirit of harmony, which we hope they do.

Well said! Very well said and hopefully we'll have a season full of them doing just that.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to see the story go in this direction. If EqG is any indication, this may very well be the case.

The problem is that the Elements existed for way longer than the Mane Six.

The Crystal Heart is like the main embodiment of the hope and the power that all of the Crystal Ponies have, that prevented Sombra from using the heart for his own use. The Tree of Harmony is an example of how the Mane 6 represent the Elements with each other and even when their not in use, their friendship is the strong bond between them.

I found it funny that the Tree of Harmony had the cutie makes the Mane 6 and the Royal sisters, but Cadence's was absent. This got me to thinking that the Crystal Heart is on a equal level to the Tree of Harmony. But this would mean, in some ways, that Cadence has more power centered on her than anypony else. Thoughts?

It never was explain every well other then being it spread love and joy..whatever that means.  And as far as I could tell the Heart only controls a big shield for the town and that seems to be its only function..ZPM much? (Stargate Atlantis)

Yeah now i'm wonder if the empire even relates to the tree at all, the tree itself seems crystally.

I think the Tree of Harmony is more powerful;

Sombra was able to to manipulate/transport the Crystal Heart when he hid it away with dark magic one thousand years ago.

Discord's chaotic magic was unable to sprout until the remaining magical energy from the tree dissipated over thousand years before.

Of course, there is every possibility that I'm wrong-but, this is my reasoning.

I'm not saying the tree of harmoeny can't be used by bad guys.

never and i mean never underestimate evil.  Hell it just showed up, lets not pretend it's infallible,