Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scars

Hive King

Surgery scar on my stomach? Not cute. Scratch from my dogs duclaw that resulted in scar? Not cute. Tooth going through my lip as a baby? Not cute. Scar from getting scratch by someones finger nail in eighth grade? Not cute. Telling a different lie every time I'm asked about it? Awesome.

All I'll say is this: Emotional scars are way worse than physical ones. The physical ones can be well hidden and forgotten about. But the deep emotional ones can possibly stick with you forever, constantly reminding you of the past traumatizing experiences you've had and still affecting you for the rest of your life.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 2

All I'll say is this: Emotional scars are way worse than physical ones. The physical ones can be well hidden and forgotten about. But the deep emotional ones can possibly stick with you forever, constantly reminding you of the past traumatizing experiences you've had and still affecting you for the rest of your life.

Very deep and true but this thread is about physical scars

• Brohoof 1

Very deep and true but this thread is about physical scars

Oh. Well in that case, my opinion on any physical scar really depends on what it looks like, where it is, how the person got it, etc.

i have something like this, but smaller... it is not a tatoo.. it is high voltage XD

I know this sounds incredibly stupid, but that makes me want to electrocute myself. The downside is that there is no fun anecdote or life lesson involved. 

I know this sounds incredibly stupid, but that makes me want to electrocute myself. The downside is that there is no fun anecdote or life lesson involved. 

take a carbon fishing rod and go walking under a storm... no seriusly? Avoid that... 99% of the cases you will die.. i was fully geared up for high voltage.. and those patterns are also pretty rare... you are only going to hurt yourself :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichtenberg_figure

Edited by Doc. Volt

I've got one on my neck because I'm a total badass like that. Dancing with death on the regular... Ok it's not really that amazing; it's barely visible and pretty small and the story behind it isn't exactly exciting. But I like this scar, I love telling all these wild tales about how I got this scar, my personal favorite is that I got the scar while walking through my friend's neighborhood at night and got into a knife fight when someone tried to mug me (I used to constantly poke fun at his neighborhood, calling it ghetto because it had the tied shoes hanging from the telephone wires that you often see in ghetto areas. Of course, his area wasn't ghetto). And I'd retell that story all the time, perfectly, every detail. The only thing more fun than weaving those tales was being able to recite them flawlessly as if they were authentic. Good times.

I've also got a couple more scars on my legs and one on my right arm.

Fortunately I am not dumb enough to actually electrocute myself just to try to get a scar. It would definitely make a good tattoo though...

phew sorry to have thought that but i have some really idiotic friends that actually tried with a car battery

I have a scar on my face between my nose and upper lip from when I fell into my neighbor's driveway on a bike. It's usually one of the first things people ask about me when they meet me for the first time.

Snapshot_20121019.JPG

I also have a multitude of scars on my right hand, from when I burned it, and one from me slamming my hand into my bedside (there are these brass ends at each end of my bed. Although it bled, I haven't seen any blood on them from that.) Then there's scar tissue inside my ankles, from tendinitis and another, unnamed injury from school.

i got a few scars 

one time i was at my cousins door i didnt notice my hand was in the way if the door closed i wanted to play with my cousin since she's a douche guest what

she got dam slammed the door on my left index finger luckily only the tip of my finger was caught after the wound has healed. the tip of my left index finger some part of its flesh has been cut off so yea. also my douchy cousin was 5 years old 5 YEARS OLD when she did that she didn't even appoliges she did got grounded tho.

the other one on my right hand was a bit more diffirent one time i was poking out pet cat with a rolled calender our cat was under my dvd player the dvd player on top of a small chair i was alone in my room. when i was gonna press something on the dvd player our cat lashed out on my hand. i didn't feel any pain other than scrathes. so it took me a minute to realised MY FEATHRING HAND WAS COVERED IN BLOOD. i called my mother she asked what happened. since i have such wonderfull parents they letted me play with sharp objects i told i stabbed my self by mistake. by a razor.

it left some kind of line between two of my fingers which is the area where our cats teeth sunk in. and most of the scrathes remains.

and that scar will be the only thing reminding me about the most beloved cat we have tober :( .

Edited by moonlight7starshine
  • Brohoof 1

phew sorry to have thought that but i have some really idiotic friends that actually tried with a car battery

I have no problem with blades or brands, I've given myself decorative scars before, but electricity is a whole different playing field. Too bad nobody explained to your friend the difference between static electricity and current.

I have no problem with blades or brands, I've given myself decorative scars before, but electricity is a whole different playing field. Too bad nobody explained to your friend the difference between static electricity and current.

i had... but they are just too dumb and *ucktards... well i'll guess that two carbonized fingers should do the trick.. am i right? bloody morons...

• Brohoof 1

I like scars because they remind me of what I've been able to overcome. Mine are all self-harm scars and they can be really embarrassing, but when I see them I think of them as scars from battles, and the fact that I'm alive to see them means that I'm winning the battle :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm not really sure what I think of them.

I've got a scar on my elbow that's more or less just a grey/pink circle and the story behind it is actually pretty lame.

When I was around eight or nine, I was walking home with my younger brother after getting some ice cream and he challenged me to a race home and I was ahead before I tripped on a segment of sidewalk that was jutting pretty far out of the ground and landed on my elbow as I slid forward, the tender flesh  was peeled from as blood pooled out over the walk.

It was a pretty big gash and it bled for a few hours and my grandmother gave me some kind of herbal remedy that I had to rub in it which made it burn more and after a while it eventually 'healed'.

So I often wonder how many stories behind them are completely lame (like mine), made up to make them seem more interesting, or if the person telling the story is actually being honest about them. 

I can see how so many people think scars are cool.....I have a lot of young boys ask me about my scars. I have a lot of them, and the biggest ones are in areas that I can't easily cover up (such as my arms and face).  I was heavily abused as a kid, and these scars just remind me of what's all happened to me.  However, when anyone asks me about how I got them (and don't need to know my past) I tell them I got into a fight with a plastic spatula....makes them wonder and me laugh inside.

I will/and have talked about my scars and past to people needing to know, such as the homeless youth I've worked with. I have an understanding of some of the worst things people can do to others in this world, and these scars allow others who've been scarred as I have to trust me and eventually come out of their shells in order to internally heal and move on.....

Now, to strangers, I'm nothing more than a dirty whore or a country chick that is careless around machines (I would've said fell into a threshing machine and survived but really not many people know what those are).....

• Brohoof 1

My most prominent scar isn't that badass. It's on my left temple and it's partially blocked by my glasses so it usually goes unnoticed.  It looks like an upside down question mark.  I got it when my head ran into a steel post because the gate I was swinging stopped suddenly.  It took over 50 stitches to close.  :P

I also have one on my shoulder from a broken collarbone as a toddler.