Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scars

Hive King

I got a pretty rockin' scar on my chest from surgery. Unfortunately, I think I'd be banned if I showed you all.

I don't think anything of them, really. I know that many people can have a lot of negative emotion tied to their scars. I think it's obvious that one shouldn't say anything negative about someone else's scars. But even if you think they're cool or whatever, I'd think it's probably best not to mention it, especially if your relationship with that person isn't that close. It might make them self-conscious and that you noticed at all may trump any positive feelings you have about the look of their scars. Anyway, like I said, I don't think anything of them. It's a place where healing happened. Why should I have any sort of emotion about that?

• 2 months later...

... I hate to speak about a genuine blemish on a body that can lead to poor social reaction and discrimination in such a crass way as referring to how I think they look...

... I think it depends on numerous factors. The person with the scar. The size of the scar. The location of the scar. The reason the scar is had. All of these make a significant difference and I can't give a general answer for this.

And just as a little side note, I have a single scar, on the outer side of my right eye. I remember nothing of it, but apparently, when I was six, I was jumping on my Nana's bed, but unfortunately did so too close to the ceiling fan, unfortunately bopping the side of my eye pretty damn hard. Got it stitched up, and though it eventually came off, the mark remains.

It hasn't been a bother at all, though. My vision's still 20-20, and I'm even able to brag about how it's shaped like a star. XP

Scars are pretty cool, but I think it all depends on how you get it. Mine isn't all that cool, I was climbing a wall and a brick came loose and landed on my arm.... taking me out with it. It left about a two inch scar on my arm.

I got stabbed by landing on an object when I was a kid. It turned into a deep scar along my right arm.

My mom on the other hand, has the coolest scar ever. When she was a little kid, she was standing on a tractor and fell off, and a sharp piece of the tractor sliced her cheek all the way up to her eye. To this day she wonders how she didn't lose her eye. It is quite a bit of luck if I do say so myself.

I have a few scars, one over my right eye before my eyebrow from when I was a kid, i have pretty bad scars on my left pinky and ring fingers from being stepped on by an ice hockey skate, a small scar on my right pinky finger from cutting it playing hockey and "sucking it up" because my coach said so (also my dad hahahaha) and not getting stitches, and a faded scar vertical down the length of my right shin from running around a pool. So yeah a little banged up haha.

I have an almost not noticeable scar under my right eye in my right cheek, and it really can't be seen unless you put attention to it.

I got it because when I was a kid (Like 4 years old or so) I was running and I accidentally got hit with a street lamp :P

I have a lot of scars on my arms from childhood pets. Growing up with dogs, cats, and iguanas gets you clawed up fast. I also have one scar on my shoulder from walking into the grill of a giant fan in the college weaving studio.

Least noticeable and most gruesome is the scar on my left eyeball. Not a typo, eyeball. I had to get my cornea stitched up after running into a rose bush. My prescription is wonky since my sight's worse in my left eye.

• Brohoof 1

For all of my posts here, I have yet to actually go over my scar collection. I have three burn scars from almost a decade ago still visible, all from campfires, good memories. From there I have a nice scar on the back of my wrist from when I got my first pocket knife and was doing stupid stuff with it. My fingers and knuckles have multiple scars from bashing into random things or from my knife slipping (the lesson: a sharp knife is a safe knife). I have one hilarious scar on my pinkie. Back in high school, I was playing five finger filet in class with a pencil. I got a detention. During that detention, I played more five finger filet and hit the same spot on my pinkie so many times that I still have a scar (the lesson: always play with a live blade, I have no scars from that). In addition to a couple of mystery scars, I have one weird distorted one just above my elbow from when I tried cutting a Japanese character into my arm, only two strokes scarred the way I wanted.

That was just my left arm...

• Brohoof 1

I have quite a few scars, I have a few from one accident which I consider to be my worst.

The accident in question is a push-bike accident I had, resulting in snapping my arm in half, I can't quite call it a broken arm considering it caused my hand to hang off and the bones in my arm to come through the skin.

My worst scars from that are one on my right palm, about the size of a penny where I lost a chuck of skin, one on my left arm about the size of a two-pence piece where the bone stuck put, and two surgery scars down my left arm, one about 2.5 inches long that's all curved and messy looking and one that's about 4.5 inches and is a straight line.

I don't mind scars, but I really do hate these ones I have from my accident.