Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did your childhood scar come from?

Reecejackox

I have 3.

the first one was a gash on my forehead because I slipped in the kitchen and cut my head on a refrigerator door hinge

the second is a gash on my leg I got at the beach. There was a random stack of cinder blocks in the water. Probably should have gotten stitches for that one 

the third is a gash in my hand because I stabbed myself with a knife opening a box because I’m an idiot.

I have many! My oldest is a scar over my eyebrow (yes it's visible) from when I fell off a chair as a 3 year old and landed face-first onto a metal dog bowl. :sealed: I have another very large scar across my knee from when I fell into a wicker basket at age 4 and one of the wooden pieces sticking out sliced my leg. I've got one on the back of my head from it getting busted open on a broken metal door, several on my knees from falling onto gravel/off a stage, another on my hand from the same falling off the stage incident, a burn scar on my arm from a sheet pan (was making shrinky dinks for those who remember those), several scars from cat scratches, a cluster of scars on my hand from a german shepherd bite, general scar tissue around my thumbnail from when I accidentally closed a car door on it (I was only a few centimeters away from losing the thumb!), and a nasty scar over my big toe from when I opened a door on it, which landed me in the ER. Not a lot of flesh on the big toe :lie:

I think that's it! I don't scar easy, I'm just really clumsy (and used to work with animals. Train your dogs, folks)

• 1 year later...
(edited)

My first scar is on my lower back. I had a giant scab or birth mark (I don't remember what it was because I was very young and didn't care) on the area that I scraped off with my own hands (for some reason) :griiin:
Second scar is behind my ear because I had surgery for my Cochlear Implant :ooh: So now there's a big chunk of my skull missing and glasses/hats will always be crooked :yeahno:
Third scar is on my knee from a car crash! And my last two scars are from jumping on my bed *completely forgetting that there's a sharp pencil there* :double-shock: Not sure how that happened twice.
Edit: I completely forgot about a dog bite scar on my hand! My dog was only a puppy when she bit me so it's not a big deal, plus whenever it will be time for her to pass I could look at this scar to remember her by :BrightMacContent:

Edited by Gaines

As a 4-year old I ran into a sharp dead branch of a tree (was just being careless I guess) and it sliced the skin of my cheek open, about an inch below my eye - if I were an inch shorter, it would have sliced my eyeball open and I'd be blind in one eye to this day, so I count myself very, very lucky.

I still have a faint scar below my eye (I always forget which one it is, you can't really see it these days unless you're looking for it). It has been over 20 years since that accident happened, so I'm happy it has mostly healed.