Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did your childhood diet have that your current diet doesn't?

Reecejackox

Instant boxed stuff (hamburger helper, Kraft mac 'n cheese, etc.), those sickly canned vegetables that always look a day away from expiring, pop tarts, kool-aid. 

I still sort of use boxed/jarred items (curry roux, chili oil), but that's about it.

The two biggest ones are gluten and seed oils. I didn't realise my body tolerated gluten badly so I was consuming it pretty much every day, and I paid no attention to the types of fats which I was consuming as I had no idea that they were dangerous. Otherwise my diet now is pretty similar to what I had as a kid - pretty much a carbon copy of a paleo diet with the occasional piece of chocolate and some coffee thrown in.

4 hours ago, Splashee said:

Sugar. A lot of sugar.

This. This is what my childhood diet had. I never ate more Oreos in my life XD

16 hours ago, StarlightNyars said:

This. This is what my childhood diet had. I never ate more Oreos in my life XD

I am glad Oreos didn't exist in my country until recently.

On 2022-12-29 at 1:45 PM, Splashee said:

I am glad Oreos didn't exist in my country until recently.

Hahaha really? what country are you from?

47 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

Hahaha really? what country are you from?

Sweden. We got Oreos in the stores about 10 years ago. I remember, it was weird to walk into the store to see a dedicated section for cookies 

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Sweden. We got Oreos in the stores about 10 years ago. I remember, it was weird to walk into the store to see a dedicated section for cookies 

Ah Sweden! I was always interested in visiting over there. Ah yes, here in the US, we have some stores that have aisles dedicated for cookies, cereals, ice cream, and more XD We really love our junk food apparently. Though in the past year I haven't really eaten any oreos or anything like that anymore so its a good thing I guess

33 minutes ago, Starla said:

Well I used to be obsessed with Quavers, they were the only crisps I ever ate. Then I found them disgusting and now I eat them very rarely. Also cheesestrings.

This! I used to eat Oreos and other snacks, but now I don't find them as good anymore! I tried them again a long while back, but they tasted disgusting with too much processed sugar.

@Starla

Ah I see! I haven't had a Mcflurry in years and that's cuz the machines here in the US are always broke somehow lol