Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did FlutterMac came from?

Sepul-Coloratura

I came to the fandom recently and I missed lots of things. Where did Flutteshy-Big Mac shipping came from? Is it from a popular fanfic or something? I understand MarbleMac because there is a subtle clue in the show (3 seconds, but still). I understand most ships like Soarin-Dash (because they are both Wonderbolts). But for FlutterMac, despite of it's popularity, I can't understand why and where it came from. Can anyone tell me?

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

Well, mainly because everyone gets shipped with everything. As for those two specifically, because their personalities had a lot of overlap, especially early in the series when both of them had a lot less depth and layering than they do now. 

1 minute ago, Quinch said:

Well, mainly because everyone gets shipped with everything. As for those two specifically, because their personalities had a lot of overlap, especially early in the series when both of them had a lot less depth and layering than they do now. 

So it's more like a naturally grown phenomenon and the reason he's most shipped with Fluttershy is because they just fit to each other well. Come to think of it, their chemistry would be quite unique and interesting. And I can't think of a similar ship works the same without either of them. I think if there were more major male characters, there would be more possible variations. But still, Fluttershy would be the one who seems to fit Big Mac the most.

Just now, DonMaguz said:

I always thought it came from Filly Vanilli and Fluttershy ghost-singing for BigMac. 

It doesn't make too much sense to me, but at least there's a connection there. 

it doesn't make sense to me, either. They're literally being shipped for being meek and quiet. That's not how connections work, but this is the fandom who ships ponies (Lyrabon) for breathing the same air, so what can I really expect?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, DonMaguz said:

I always thought it came from Filly Vanilli and Fluttershy ghost-singing for BigMac. 

It doesn't make too much sense to me, but at least there's a connection there. 

What fascinating is, we don't get to see them actually interacting. So I guess there is more room for imaginations maybe.

• 4 years later...

Definitely is because early on they were two of the quieter characters in the show at the time. Don't forget MarbleMac as well, that exists for the same reason.

On 2018-10-26 at 4:58 PM, ManaMinori said:

this is the fandom who ships ponies (Lyrabon) for breathing the same air, so what can I really expect?

Existing = getting shipped with anyone and anything :mlp_icwudt: though, lyrabon is admittedly cute but I see them more as besties

I've seen more absurdly toxic shipping behavior in other fandoms which involve REAL PEOPLE being shipped. That's on another world of crazy. But that's a whole subject matter on its own.

• Brohoof 1

Because the Internet! Come on, you should know how this works by now :please:

I imagine they were associated with each other because both of them are quiet and shy characters. Yeah, it's quite silly.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

It came entirely out of nowhere, I think the only thing that made any connection was just Applebloom dropping that Big Mac is a bit shy. That was all people, yet the ship was prominent before that