Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Somebody stole a pony at the store and I suspect it was a brony...

SailorCardKnight

(edited)

See title. Very sad if you ask me.

So I was at Walmart, checking out the pony toys and they had the blindbag figures in stock. I was going though them hoping to get extras of certain ones, and found one of the bags had been torn open and the figure inside was gone, Applejack to be exact.

I suspect they knew the trick to figure out which pony was in what bag and went after Applejack in particular (there was still alot of blindbags left), or It was one very lucky thief that happened to land one of the mane 6 at random. For shame.

Either they where too cheap to spend $2 or was too embarrassed to buy it I bet.

Edited by SailorCardKnight
  • Brohoof 3

Meh, my bets are more on it being a random little girl, and not a brony. Wal*Mart has cameras, and anyone mature enough to fall under the label of "brony" would know better than to steal anyway.

However, I see little brats ripping open packages in stores all the time. Food scattered throughout the stores, board games ripped open in the aisles, it's madness, I tell ya.

• Brohoof 6

I would prefer to believe that we haven't lowered our self's to petty shoplifting just for ponies. Really, it just seems like it was one of those instances where a kid would do it.

If it was a brony maybe he dident have the guts to buy it? Or maybe he dident have the money?

In either way he shouldnt have taken it.

Or it was some random little annoying girl.

Gonna go with the little kid scenario myself, seems alot more plausible than a teen ripping open merchandise due to embarrassment. However if it was...couldn't they have just said it was for their little sister or used the self checkout?
  • Brohoof 2

Well, something about it seemed a bit too perfect, thus my post. It probably was some random kid and I'm just overthinking again (I tend to do it alot), but it was an almost completely full box of blind bags, so the odds of getting one of the mane 6 at random weren't too high.

I think I have to go with a little girl as a brony should never steal. It goes against our Creed, honesty, so if it WAS a brony, it is pretty ironic he stole Applejack.

... I more and more go with it being an adult as it just seem to fit too perfectly. He could have done it to be an ironic troll.

I think I have to go with a little girl as a brony should never steal. It goes against our Creed, honesty, so if it WAS a brony, it is pretty ironic he stole Applejack.

... I more and more go with it being an adult as it just seem to fit too perfectly. He could have done it to be an ironic troll.

If it was a brony maybe he dident have the guts to buy it?

I think that's the most possible reason.
  • Brohoof 1

Not all bronies are the perfect little angels we like to think they are,

even on this sight there are members who have sunk this low.

I totally agree with you in thinking it was a brony, a little girl would have been caught by her parents anyway.

~

• Brohoof 3

Actually, the odds of getting one of the mane 6 at random from a full box of blindbags is better than you think. 6 regular mane 6 figures + 3 special editions (Twilight Pinkie and Rainbow) = 9 of the Mane 6 in the box. So your ratio is 9 out of 24, or 3:8 chance of getting a Mane 6 character. And if it was actually a partial box, your odds go up.

(edited)

I'm going with it being a brony.

Being a Brony doesn't mean you're gonna be nice. It just means you're a fan of the show.

Wait... How did you know it was AppleJack that was taken?

Edited by Knight Shadrahk
  • Brohoof 3

Last night I had a dream that I stole two ponies from the store and felt horrible even after I woke up this morning.

Being a brony doesn't mean that you're angelic and nice all the time (or at all). My guess it was a younger brony still relying on his parents for money and too embarassed to ask them for money or use his own to pay for it at the register. So he takes it figuring that they're really cheap so he won't be doing too much harm. At least that's how I see it :)

Could also just be a random asshole. Or someone could have opened the bag to see who was in it, put it back and AJ fell out and just got lost. Or it could have been some stupid kid.

• Brohoof 1

I think it was most likely a little kid.

I'd like to say its because bronies are glorious shining examples of perfect humans but in all honesty most of us are just old enough to know they have security cameras.

Therefore ancient aliens

Little kid is very plausible, I mean, come on, their curious for Discord's sake! This kid (if it was a kid) was probably curious what was inside and opened it. When I was two or three, I opened a hotwheels car at the store, and got in trouble. (at least I wasn't arrested, the cops would understand a two year old opening something :3)

• Brohoof 1

I totally agree with you in thinking it was a brony, a little girl would have been caught by her parents anyway.

I think you overestimate how attentive some parents can be.

I also think that you underestimate the cleverness and sheer speed that some little girls can be capable of.

After having to babysit a few times, I have built up a healthy respect for the crazy things that young kids can pull off when you blink too many times.

A certain relative of mine was notorious for having "sticky fingers" when she was younger. It usually wasn't the parent that caught them either, it was usually one of us and always after the fact - leading to some embarrassing returns to stores.

(edited)

And I think you like to use a few outliers to give a generalization ~

It happens sometimes.

Really though. Maybe it was just a packing error on the part of the store or distributor?

As they say, "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

Probably I should have said this in the first place. My apologies if I've offended you. That was not my intention. :)

Edited by HAL 9000

I think it could be a brony or a little girl. There is no way to know for sure and i dont think it's fair to just assume it's a brony. I would like to think a brony wouldn't resort to stealing just to get a pony toy...but it's definitely possible. Basically what I'm saying is it could have been a brony, but it could just as easily have been a little girl.

I think it was probably just some kid. Shankveld has a point though, there are some bad apples in our herd. I know for a fact because I've talked to some personally. (not anyone here) Just because they're bronies doesn't mean they follow the same idea of love and tolerance that most of us do.

• Brohoof 1

I'm fairly sure none of our kind of people would do such a thing. Not many actually stoop this low in order to obtain some sort of pony memento. I agree with the rest, it must have been someone much younger, because the growing knowledge of advanced security is sure to make more informed people, most likely grown people, too paranoid to do that kind of thing.

that was probably me looking for the Pinkie Pie one xD

Na'h I wasted my 10 dollars to find no Pinkie, but random ponies

so I bought 4 of them and no Pinkie...