Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does The Word Everypony Sound A Bit Silly?

VeroxVitrus

As many others have said, it's fine in the show. It makes sense there. But IRL, it does sound a bit silly. I don't mind it as much if it is used occasionally in texts, forums, etc. It sounds silliest when spoken.

It does but so do alot of the other pony related puns in the show, Manehattan, Canterlot, Saddle Arabia and that is just to name a few. But the puns do give the show a certain charm to it, it kind of reminds of the Dragon Quest video game series except in that the puns are really over the top yet hilarious. One of my personal favorites is this one random enemy called the Cockatier in Dragon Ques VII that is a sword wielding anthropomorphic chicken dressed as a musketeer.

I did find it strange at first but, I got used to it after a little bit. 

What I do find strange is the fact that the dragons also use the word, so I'm guessing that the ponies founded the language and the dragons just caught on to it.

It did sound silly to me when I started watching the show, honestly, but then... it just became natural to me, I guess... and I grew to like it ^^

Now, I don't even notice that, I notice if they say "everybody" in the show, lol. Which happened in 1st season mainly, though.

So, it's okay with me. I don't use it in real life though, very rarely. It just doesn't feel right addressing people as "ponies". However, who knows... maybe someday :P

Ever hear drowning in horse shoes groan at pony speak?
Yeah i concur.

I feel fine with reviewers using it when in their oc,

but if i don't want a human doing it LOL.

until lyra starts saying everybody, than all bets are off.