Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does The Word Everypony Sound A Bit Silly?

VeroxVitrus

The point I'm trying to across is that does it bug you everytime the ponies say Everypony? I personally think the word Everyone sounds better.

This is one of those aspects of the show that works pretty well in animation, but feels awkward (or creepy) when a member of the fanbase tries to use it IRL.

• Brohoof 2

I've always felt that "everypony" is one of the wittiest aspects of the dialogue in the show :) And I myself went around saying "everypony" and "nopony" to fellow fans with enthusiasm for two or three years :) I've been deliberately saying "everyone" and "no one" lately though; I started feeling self-conscious and it started feeling a bit silly after the the novelty of it wore off a little. I still love hearing it in the show though :)

It's one of those things that sounds fine in show, since it's part and parcel with the playful nature of the series, but if you use it in real life, it sounds like you've taken things a little too far.

It sounds better to use it in the show, when you use it in real life people won't understand what your referencing and the conversation would just go south and become awkward.

I kind of have a problem with it in the show because it seems to dismiss other sentient species as nearly being non-entities.  I mean, having Spike use the term "everypony" is EXTREMELY awkward because, not being a pony, he is implicitly excluded.  And since ponies clearly have bodies and standard numbers, using "everybody" or "everyone" would be perfectly acceptable.

As for in the brony community, I take issue with it for the sheer fact that just because we are fans of the show does not make us ponies ourselves.  Some bronies may not have a pony OC - they may have another species OC, or no OC at all.  Therefore the term "everypony" seems implicitly exclusionary to them as well.  It also seems to distance bronies from non-bronies, rather than being the all-inclusive "love and tolerate" group that we should be.

I've let it slip accidentally IRL a few times...xD

No one really noticed though.

I think it sounds sound. It rolls off the tongue nicely.