Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite philosofical saying

Vinyl~Scratch

(edited)

http://en.wikipedia....ll_Be,_Will_Be)

Like this one wich keeps saying it with one r and I did not correct?

Why the hell are you harassing me over a spelling mistake I cut and pasted off of Yahoo Answers? Does it make you feel oh so superior to put me down? Get a damn life, jerk.

PS. It's which, not wich, asshole. If you are going to rip into someone for a spelling error, you should at least have the brain power to spell common place words correctly in your own post!

Posted Image

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

(edited)

Why the hell are you harassing me over a spelling mistake I cut and pasted off of Yahoo Answers? Does it make you feel oh so superior to put me down? Get a damn life, jerk.

PS. It's which, not wich, asshole. If you are going to rip into someone for a spelling error, you should at least have the brain power to spell common place words correctly in your own post!

Posted Image

someone's cranky

Edited by Eenohay
  • Brohoof 1

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. ~Henri Louis Bergson

If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one. ~Russian Proverb

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No more problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky

Not so much philosophical but I really like this quote:

"That's the problem with drinking. If something bad happens, you drink to forget. If something good happens, you drink to celebrate. And if nothing is happening, you drink to make something happen."- Charles Bukowski

• Brohoof 1

"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side."

-Unknown

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in the eyes of your enemies!" -Insanity Wolf Edited by Darkshadow Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Some of the quotes I like the most:

"A good friend, like a good book, is something that will last forever" - Twilight Sparkle

"A pizza with a radius of z and the thickness a has the volume Pi*z*z*a" - unknown

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." - Bilbo Baggins

"The most important thing to know in life is to know where the back door is." - Friedrich Wilhelm II.

„You can only play the cards you've been given. But you should make the best out of them!“ - unknown

„There are a lot of wise sayings but in the end every[pony] has to find his own way.“ - unknown

There might be some grammar, vocabulary and/or punctuation mistakes because I translated some of these quotes into English by myself. Please tell me if I should correct something.

One of my favorites:

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -Theodore Isaac Rubin

If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! - Sun Tzu

It's a fez, I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool. - The Doctor

Okay, fine. Let's all act like humans. 'Look at me. Boy, do I love sweating. Let's convert beef and leaves into energy and excrete them later and go shopping!' - GLaDOS

Objection! - Phoenix Wright

(edited)

"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. We defense attorneys are warriors who are constantly challenged by that question. Even when the battle is over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again."

-Phoenix Wright on philosophy

Maya: Look, a ladder!

Phoenix: That's a "step"-ladder.

Maya: So? What's the difference? You need to stop judging things based on narrow-minded cultural assumptions, Nick!

Phoenix: R-right... sorry.

-Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey on cultural assumptions. And stepladders.

Edited by Jadefire

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~Greek Philosopher Epicurus, 270 B.C.

"We must view, with profound respect, the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of any and all useful information."

Also

"Stop and think how stupid a normal person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that" - George Carlin, God bless him

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left."

- Bertrand Russell.

"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama (when asked what surprised him most about humanity).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have too many to count, so I will give just a few of them! :D (I wub qoutations :wub:)

"Thats what a friend is for, when your lost in darkness and searching for the light, to help you through those lonely nights, when everything around you fails just hold out your hand, and i'll come running, thats what a friend is for."

-Marty Keith

We are all of us living in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

-Oscar Wilde

Knowledge is power,

ignorance is bliss,

what's your preference?

-Unkown

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity!"

Edgar Allan Poe (1809-49), American poet

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."

Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961), founder of analytical psychology

“Some people are afraid of what they might find if they try to analyze themselves too much, but you have to crawl into your wounds to discover where your fears are. Once the bleeding starts, the cleansing can begin.”

-Tori Amos

"But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know."

-Alan Watts

Edited by Guest

(edited)

"Never was anything great achieved without danger."

- Niccolo Machiavelli

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

- Niccolo Machiavelli

"See randomness."

- Paul Graham

Edited by HAL 9000

• 10 years later...

He who laughs less laughs last -Me :P 

Ok maybe it was partially inspired by "he who laughs last laughs the longest" but it is somewhat different.

Edited by DubWolf