Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wysteria

I believe the Castle of the Sisters WILL become Twilight's new palace...and I have speculated this for months. Remember the commercial for the Princess Twilight Sparkle toy???  At the end she says to the girls "Let's fly to my palace!"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07T8bmKt_6Q

To me it makes sense, given its connection to the mane 6 as well as it's location to Ponyville...and let's not forget how underneath it lies the Tree of Harmony with the "mystery box." 

And every princess must have a kingdom to rule: Celestia has Canterlot and Cadance has the Crystal Empire.  Perhaps this means that Ponyville will now become a major power in Equestria...possibly due to the box.

Anyway this is just MY opinion.  I would love to hear what you think.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I agree and the recent ads on the Hub keep alluding to an event that will change Ponyville forever. Now that could be just hype or have nothing to do with Twilight, but it would make a lot of sense for Twilight to rule from that castle. I mean the library alone would make it worth while to Twilight and the Tree of Harmony being near is just a bonus.

Edited by Nature's Spell

I sort of believe the old castle will become Twilight's, but for now we will have to wait and see, I will say it does make sense it would become hers considering they were fixing it up and everything, what other reason would the mane 6 have for fixing it up?

Yeah it does seem likely and it would probably be pretty interesting. If this is the case we will have more opportunities to explore Celestia and Luna's past, and the past of Equestria as a whole. The castle also has a huge library so Twilight would still have the pleasure of being a librarian possibly. She also seems to like the place well enough. The idea seems pretty cool to me. 

Prediction, when this happens we will have the vociferous minority rear it ugly head again. Taking pride in its own foolishness proclaiming the change will ruin the show before the episode is aired.

As others have said, that's gotta be the reason behind them cleaning the old palace in Power Ponies. Another thing to think about is the cliffhanger at the end of Castle Mania, with the 'Pony of Shadows'. I'm guessing she's gonna appear again too.

It would make sense if you think about it. Its both a castle and closer to ponyville than canterlot. What doesn't make sense is that if that is the purpose of the restoration, why not call upon a whole army of artistans, and how come there is no royal guard present bot to defend the princess but to further secure the castle??

In Equestria Girls theres a part in the movie that Twilight is talking about taking a kingdom for her own maybe its Ponyville and that its the closest castle in there 

(Ponyville its not a kingdom)

Edited by WarriorShy

And so it seems like my headcanon was wrong. I thought that the old Everfree Castle would just stand abandoned after the ponies had left.

It seems pretty clear that the castle will keep playing a role in certain episodes. Another season long story arc it seems. Some have theorized that the Tree of Harmony will keep the Everfree Forest even more at bay with the return of the Elements.

I'm thinking of three scenarios. 

1. The palace is being fixed up right now because Twilight wants to fix it up and it will be given to Twilight by Celestia and Luna as hers.  This will make Ponyville into its own area with Twilight ruling/governing over Ponyville like Cadence does with the Crystal Empire.

2. The castle will be fixed up and Luna will take over it.  Twilight will be there with Luna while Celestia rules over Equestria.

3. (Possibly alluding to S4 being the series finale) Celestia and Luna move back into their old palace and it goes away/vanishes with Twilight assuming the throne in Canterlot as she becomes ruler of Equestria. 

Many have already taken note that Twilight's horn size seems to be growing to a degree with each episode that passes, and her height is taller than the others.  It's quite plausible she will gain a regal form like the others to suit her new "princess" wings. 

Though McCarthy said Twilight won't outlive her friends, that can be taken either at face value or looking at the wording.  Twilight will outlive her friends physically, but she won't outlive their memories and the bonds she shared with them. 

• Brohoof 1

I think it might end

up her castle but maybe

not also to a point if not

for a while in how things are going.

I think half the reason they

are using the castle is things

they might end up finding and

some of the history of the sisters

more and EQ and such.

"Assuming" that Twilight "is" fixing this castle up for her inevitable future, I can picture the royal conversation went...

Celestia: Oh by the way Twilight, I have a new place for you... Its kind of a fixer upper... in a dangerous forest... filled with traps and bad puns, but I'm sure you can handle it

Twilight: I... I don't know. It sounds really...

Celestia: Its filled with old books.

Twilight: DEAL!!

Edited by Argumedies

I believe the Castle of the Sisters WILL become Twilight's new palace...and I have speculated this for months. Remember the commercial for the Princess Twilight Sparkle toy???  At the end she says to the girls "Let's fly to my palace!"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07T8bmKt_6Q

Yeah, because the toys always give out accurate information:

screen-shot-2012-01-16-at-9-56-42-am.png

Princess_Skyla_Toy.jpg

Totally agree with the rest of your reasoning, though.  Makes sense.  Now that the location of the Tree of Harmony is becoming known, it would make sense that Twilight would want to keep an eye on it (they also might not be able to remove the box).  She also needs to read the books therein, which would be easier if she lived there (but doesn't paper rot in 100 years?).  And she'd be expected to live in a castle after becoming a princess.  What I don't get is why her friends are the only ones helping her.  Surely royalty can afford the construction ponies from The Mysterious Mare Do Well.

I think we should know that Celestia and Luna's old castle will be Twilight's palace because, they were fixing the castle and cleaning it. It is pretty close to Ponyville even with the Everfree Forest between them. Plus Twilight showed that she was interested in the library, and also interested in Celestia and Luna's past.

Edited by Scootalove