Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shining Armor or Princess Cadence

Mywas

Which one do you prefere?  

22 users have voted

1. 1. Shining or Cadence

• Shining Armor
    • Princess Cadence

Which one do you like more? or in some cases dislike less?

For me, Shining Armor is a little bit better than Cadence as a character. And he has better memes than her "Twily" "Liquid pride".

I prefer Cadance. There's not much annoying on her. Nothing, actually. She was just there all the sudden.

You can say the same for Shining, but he annoys me a little.

Shining Armor is a Gary Stu to the bone. I bet he was a chess champion, a successful olympian or a genius in science, if he wouldn't have been the captain of the royal guard in record time. Now getting laid by a princess isn't bad either. I would have vomited, if he had defeated Sombra and Chrysalis on his own. Honestly, i prefer Flash Sentry to him.

Too harsh? Just because he's not a mare, i presume. It's this or i'm jealous of a cartoon horse. B)

Edited by Gary S.
  • Brohoof 1

reason 1.5 not to like it's a canterlot wedding,

twilights older brother is a dude (LOL).

I have 0 reason to dis like cadence.  0.  None.  By the time i found out who she was, i was well out of my hater phase of the show.

Not that i'm not concerned she might drag things down, she is after all a princess,

but princess don't suck up that much time on the show for being princess.
Hell just ask luna.

And before you say twilight, twilight hasn't spent any signifcant time doing princess stuff.

a smidge here and there, bearly.  A triffle really.

The only reason i don't hate shinning armor all together is anthony c's joke about him being a dude.

if i was in equistra i would totally ask him if he surfed.

Edited by FNGRpony

I prefer Cadence. I like her design, and character better. Also, this day Aria was an amazing song sung by her. (And Chrysalis.)

She's a pink pony princess, what's not to love?

Anyways, I thought Shining Armor was a little boring at first but he's growing on me. His Vinyl Scratch color scheme is decent looking, and I can't hate my favorite pony's brother. He's a cool guy, and I hope he gets more development later on in the show. He seems kind of like a boring Gary Sue at the moment. in the comics, he's shown to be the nerdy type, playing D&D and such. I think it'd be cool if the show made some sort of reference to show that he's nerdy, I think it'd give him some more character depth.

• Brohoof 1

Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon like everyone else here and say Cadence... but I do like her character more if you would like the truth. 

I'd have to agree as well that shining armor is one of those *perfect* no flaw characters that meh I do not like... not saying he is a bad character it just seems kinda oh yeah I have seen that before kind of feeling.

Well, obviously Cadence, I simply love her appearance and Chrysalis as "Evil Cadence" made her even better for me really :3

As for Shining Armor... <rant> how come we first hear about him in the episode he actually makes a real appearance although he is Twilight's (Main Mare of the actual show) "Big Brother Best Friend Forever" in Season 2 bucking Episode 25? Not much of a BBBFF after all if even Twilight's friends don't know about him... talk about Friendship is Magic...

</rant>

Edited by Takumi Nishijou

Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon like everyone else here and say Cadence... but I do like her character more if you would like the truth. 

I'd have to agree as well that shining armor is one of those *perfect* no flaw characters that meh I do not like... not saying he is a bad character it just seems kinda oh yeah I have seen that before kind of feeling.

.....huh?

If i may, how is shinning armor perfect?

The shinning armor big list of flaws *says it in a booming echo*

Shinning armor is essentaily the crystal empires national guard.  If he wasn't maried tro cadience, 

who by the way no one calls shining a prince for some dumb reason, he'd be the but of rent of cop jokes by fans every where.

his most powerful spell was defeated by bugs smashing into it.  he's a failed bugg zapper

he sounds like bill and or tedd from the movie with the same name.

to perfect?  you do know in the comic he was hanging out with the dnd nerds right?

Neither character holds a terribly interesting personality or storyline.They are a cookie cutter picture-perfect romantic couple with little depth or intrigue. I'm going to break the mold here and say that I prefer Shining Armor. I think the fact that he is Twilight's older brother and Captain of the Royal Guards grants him just a bit more potential than another pretty princess with a lot of power. Whereas Cadance has had her hoof in saving the day twice in major episodes, Shining Armor appears to be considerably less powerful and a bit more vulnerable than his wife. It's just unfortunate that we have seen very little actual development from him thus far.

Truthfully, I'm not terribly keen on either character so it's a toss-up.

Edited by Sugar Cube

I think Shining Armor has a much more interesting personality to me than Cadance. All I really know about her is that she has a warm heart, she's well a princess and rules the Crystal Empire and she used to be a foal-sitter to Twilight.

I was never too fond of Cadance anyway.

Edited by Cherry Changa
  • Brohoof 1