Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what character has the most potentail to make you cry?

FNGRpony

alright, the show decides to go sad, what ever the reason,

who do you think has the best ability to pull on your heart strings?

The canadates.

Spike.

Scoots.

or an apple family member if they ever really touch on the parent thing.

I think if the writers put their minds to it they could totally tug at the heart stings with spike of the audience if they tried.

Applejack is the most obvious candidate, even the subtle hints in Apple Family Reunion already tug at my heart strings so if they went into actual detail than that is when it is really going to start. That episode really spoke to me in large because my father passed away and I want to do what will make him proud which is exactly what Applejack was trying to do in that episode.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4

Applejack and Celestia are both pretty big options for me. Celestia's past with Nightmare Moon and dealing with the loss of her sister could be quite upsetting, but Applejacks *probably* dead parents would be a hard-hitter if that was touched on more too.

• Brohoof 2

Well, this is a no-brainer for me. It's got to be Applejack. We already know that her parents have never been seen and the death of them has been all but confirmed through Apple Family Reunion. There are still a lot of unanswered questions as to how and when they passed on, and while I don't expect the show to ever go out of its way to get real detailed or graphic on the how's and why's, I do think it is possible to pull off an episode detailing the the subject without going completely overboard on the tearjerking. Lauren Faust intended for AJ's parents to be deceased but she never thought it possible that such dark subject matter would ever get past Hasbro. I'm hoping that with all of the new grounds MLP is breaking that it can one day get away with a storyline covering this subject. They've got the seeds planted for a potentially beautiful episode that can really benefit Applejack (and the other Apples) by giving insight into her past and how these events involving her parents made AJ the mare that she is today. Not to mention, it would really hit home for those of us who have ever lost a parent or loved one. It's something that almost anyone could relate to. :)

As for an example, Rugrats, a popular cartoon from the 90's with a similar target audience of younger children as MLP, had a Mother's Day episode in which Chuckie, one of the lead babies, discovered that his mother had passed away in the hospital when he was younger. The episode was subtle enough that it never explicitly stated she had died and yet it was still emotionally impactful and made you really wanna hug Chuckie. I figure if a hit show like Rugrats could get away with the subject of death, why can't MLP?

An episode about Applejack's parents is without a doubt my dream episode. I have yet to cry while watching MLP, but I think any storyline concerning Applejack's parents could evoke some waterworks. ;)

• Brohoof 3