Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums User Satisfaction Survey [CLOSED]

SCS

MLP Forums User Satisfaction Survey

This survey is currently closed.

The purpose of this survey is to gather the community's thoughts about the MLP Forums site and its management. The staff will use survey responses to improve site operations, rules, and staff policies.

This survey is opened once every three months, and left open for two weeks. The staff will read all responses and make any necessary changes involving issues that were raised.

You can read more about the survey in its announcement thread.

If you have any suggestions, concerns, questions or comments for the survey, please post them in this thread. Thank you.

You can access the survey here:

Please note that the link will only appear above when the survey is open.

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 18

It's 2014 man, y u no open :catface:

This is the first forum I've been on to do this and frankly I find it a bit pointless.

No forum is perfect and none can conform to every users wants and needs.

The last forum I was on had maybe two thousand users in its heyday. This could have worked there if they needed it, but with a large user base it is largely useless and requires a lot of effort for nothing.

This is the first forum I've been on to do this and frankly I find it a bit pointless.

The last forum I was on had maybe two thousand users in its heyday. This could have worked there if they needed it, but with a large user base it is largely useless and requires a lot of effort for nothing.

It's not 2014 where I am. I'll open it in a few hours. 

I disagree that it is useless. While we can never be perfect, we can be a lot better if we collect and analyze user feedback on a regular basis than we would be otherwise.

• Brohoof 4

Very good, very good, can't wait to see what the first official forum survey looks like!  Hope the feedback and input we all give is helpful and proves to be useful to the staff.  Oh, and a Happy New Year to you all!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

I think it's quite useful. Sure, you can't cater to every single member's wishes, but this allows the staff to see a large amount of suggestions for fixing old things and creating new things. This makes it easier to identify and fix problems users have with the site/staff, and see which new things members would be interested in seeing.

• Brohoof 2

@@SCS, I find it impossible to leave negative feedback when you have a freaking Fluttershy picture smilling at your avatar and signature!!! It's outrageous really!!! ((LOL JK)) But yea... i simply imagine that Fluttershy will just frown and cry if i leave any negative feedback...  :P 

A friend who still goes here made me aware of this little survey you have going on here, so yeah, feedback left. Honestly, I doubt it'll do anything, given the nature of certain issues and how the dynamics of the moderating/administration teams' relationships with each other enable the behavior that made me pull up stakes. I'm also still 90% sure this whole thing's a ruse to quell dissent, much like the mod dispute system, but if there really is any chance that this place can become something that's actually worthy of being labeled "#1 brony forum on the net" in any manner other than the number of users, then it'd be a shame if I didn't leave an honest word that could work toward that end.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I doubt it'll do anything

Well all the information gathered from the survey is being sorted and placed into a spread sheet to see what are the most common issues raised by members. Those issues will be brought up to those who are responsible for working on them and we will be doing our best to improve upon problem area's.  
Currently we're look at several hundred responses, and everyone who offered an email will receive an email from a person within the survey management team.

I'm also still 90% sure this whole thing's a ruse to quell dissent, much like the mod dispute system,

The "Moderation dispute system" is a valid way to bring up any issues a member has with a ruling. It is NOT a guarantee that you will have your warning points or whatever decision was made at the time revoked. The evidence is looked at, and if the ruling is valid then it sticks, nuff said. Expecting it to be a "Im gonna win if I open a mod ticket" is the wrong way to see it, It's simply an extra judgement. I myself had a moderation dispute a while back where I was given a warning for calling a podcast "official" when in fact I had asked Feld0. I spoke to the moderator involved and the whole thing was sorted out professionally, and I WASNT a staff member at that point.

This survey was brought up to help see what members thought about the state of the site and to see what you guys wanted to have changed or looked at. We aren't promising result in a week, or two weeks. Probably not even a month. The process of changing rules and the way things are done takes a while as we need to get it correct, otherwise we'd be doing a rush job which frankly would be worse then doing nothing.

it'd be a shame if I didn't leave an honest word that could work toward that end.

We WANT peopel to be as honest as they can be. We can take bad feedback and help use that to change things for the better if at all possible. And take this from a person who has read many of the feedback at this point.

@, if there was any evidence needed for the "family can do no wrong" nature of the administration staff here, you just provided it by jumping to defend your "family" without actually being aware of the circumstances.

• 5 months later...

This survey is opened once every three months, and left open for two weeks. The staff will read all responses and make any necessary changes involving issues that were raised.

Should the survey be open again? It's been about five months. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Should the survey be open again? It's been about five months. :P

I released an announcement about this last month. Due to the sheer amount of work that goes into using all of the survey responses effectively and the amount of time it takes for discussion and decisions to be made using them, it is very likely that the survey will only happen once a year.

We're still working on this, this hasn't disappeared or anything. I just don't want to sacrifice quality of our work and the subsequent effectiveness for the community for the sake of having the survey more frequently.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...