Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash (Practice Pic)

Chann3l Chas3r

So I got a bunch of new art stuff and decided to test 'em out with the most colorful character I could think of! For never having used really expensive tools before, I actually think she turned out pretty well.

Any tips for someone using Copics and Prismacolors for the first time?

post-9378-0-82051600-1390581491_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

What a wonderfully unique rendition of one of my favorite ponies.  The art style feels familar but I cannot put my finger on it...

Anyway, I think this turned out quite nicely; the linework is good, the coloring is evenly done (as it is quite easy to create uneven layers with marker) and I cannot find much that needs to be addressed.  I cannot wait to see more of your work and to see what you can do with your new markers.

As far as tips with the medium, I cannot offer much as I have never used Copics and my experience with Prismacolors is rather limited.  It may be worth buying a blender marker if/when you wish to add shading and other such features to your work, as it helps create a smooth trasitition between colors.  Other than that and paper selection, I think you have a good grasp on how to use them already.  Seeing your work makes me want to bust out my marker set and give it a go.

• Brohoof 2

Iv been following a lot of your post on this forum as well as you deviations on DA and, I must say that absolutely adore your art style.   :wub:

Keep up the amazing work, I look forward to seeing what you post next.   ^_^