Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the positive qualities of Rainbow Dash?

Princess Twilight

• She is loyal: This is of course her strongest positive trait. In the most dire of situations, Rainbow Dash is more than willing to stand up and help or defends other ponies. She has given good advice to Scoots in Sleepless in Ponyville, has defended her friends in the Wonderbolts Academy and is rooting for Ponyville during the Equestria Games arc. And that is just the beginning! Dash has done many noble things that are considered loyal. 
  • She is passionate at what she does: Ever since she was a filly, she has always wanted to be a Wonderbolt. And to do this, she has to do lots of racing. As a result, she has proven to be the best flyer in all of Equestria and with that sort of talent, she has even done things like the Sonic Rainboom, get a place at the Wonderbolts Academy and the Wonderbolts Reserves. This is such a wonderful positive trait for any character, but especially for Dash.
  • She doesn't ever give up: Sure she'll have times where she gets insecure as seen in Sonic Rainboom and Testing Testing 1, 2, 3, but she does bounce back quickly. As I mentioned earlier, she is a hard worker and is more than willing to stick with a task until she finishes it. One example I know is that in Hurricane Fluttershy, Dash simply refuses Twilight's offer to stop and keeps on encouraging Ponyville to try harder. As somebody who is very tenacious, I find this a wonderful and relatable trait.

And that's just the beginning. I'm more than willing to talk endlessly about why Dash is a great character. It's a real shame that so many people hate on Dash only for her arrogance, because she has done many things right. :<

• Brohoof 2

*Notices a seemingly nice, non-ponybashing topic inquiring about Rainbow's positive qualities.  Notices that the OP called Rainbow Dash a bitch in their first sentence.*  Let's do a topic about the positive qualities of the fandom!

Rainbow Dash is a heroine.  She's saved the lives of several ponies.  Rescued a filly from a well.  Saved a baby before it flew off a cliff.  Saved the lives of her friends.  She's brave, courageous, quick-thinking, and quick-acting; precisely the type you'd want in a pinch.  She can be relied upon when you need her most; particularly if and when you're plummeting to your doom.

She wouldn't hesitate to help anypony in need or stand up for a friend.

She's demonstrated qualities befitting a leader.  She's confident, tenacious, inspiring, and take-charge.  She also encourages and supports her friends.  She's a capable "coach" who motivates others and expects the best from them.

Rainbow Dash possesses a strong and vibrant personality.  She's energetic, enthusiastic, outgoing, and interesting.

People who mistakenly call her a "jock" are missing one key point: She's a friggin' JET.  She can fly.  She isn't a football player tossing around a ball shaped like an almond; she speeds effortlessly through the sky - on entirely her own power.  If a man piloting a flying machine is impressive or awe-inspiring, how about a blue, winged woman performing feats of aerial agility and daredevilry high above the ground?

She's committed to her goals and dreams.  She's taken steps to realize them and worked to maintain or improve her abilities.

Rainbow took Scootaloo under her wing; becoming like an adoptive sister that encouraged and comforted the filly.

She's quick to forgive.  One need only look to "Sonic Rainboom" and "Mysterious Mare Do Well."

Rainbow Dash is observant and keen-eyed; not to mention she possesses an extraordinary visual and auditory memory.  For somepony who thought reading was undeniably "uncool" and, presumably, avoided partaking in at length...  She could readily sink her teeth into a narrative and plow through a novel with relative speed and ease.  And she retained enough precise details from the Daring Do book series to go head-to-head against Twilight Sparkle in "Daring Don't."  Let's not forget how she aced her History of the Wonderbolts exam after unintentionally absorbing all of the relevant test information during a single fly-over.  (But she's not an egghead.)

But, I mean, saving lives, inspiring others, being interesting, being an expert flyer, having and pursuing goals, supporting a filly, being forgiving, and not being an egghead really amounts to very little when compared to her boasts (which she could totally back up) throughout the series.

• Brohoof 3

*She's demonstrated qualities befitting a leader.  She's confident, tenacious, inspiring, and take-charge.  She also encourages and supports her friends.  She's a capable "coach" who motivates others and expects the best from them.

actually do wish we could see more episodes focusing on this; its one of the aspects I really like the most of her, ever since Hurricane fluttershy. It really helps to flesh her out.

post-33206-0-50764700-1431759659_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

As someone mentioned she is loyal, competitive, and passionate. It is true she can be a hot head and reckless at times, but in other instances these qualities shine through as she can be quite observational and apply her talents to the better end.

Sure she has her flaws and has made her fair share of her mistakes, but in this regard she is not alone as the other Mane 5 are in the same boat, but I can say for certainty that she is a good pony at heart.

Edited by UnknownFry

• 1 year later...

I don't like her, but I feel she's meant to be the one who we can see being casual with out of the girls, due to her blunt and outspoken nature.

Her arrogance and cockiness is meant to be funny, not taken serious it is a cartoon after all, she's pretty annoying and cliche trying to be a rad chick but she adds enough cuteness too make it endearing.

She knows more than she lets on, she's just focuses on the short term than big picture again this is what makes her as relatable and realistic compared to other ponies and has a strong sense of adjusted principles to point out all things that go overblown to the other girls.

She's strongwilled and fearless but insecure and lonely like any other person in the real world. Her qualites and flaws stick out because RD acts less like a cartoon character but a exxageration of us as a cartoon character making her more identifiable. 

She's a superhero and basically incapable of not being pushed aside from the others in plot impact, since she's more capable and even more action packed that the main character she's stand out more. People love seeing someone be the center of the action and even more own the scene they are in.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I like her ^^ I think, behind that "cool" and confident side of Rainbow is also a cute and friendly side. In the most moments she's brave and said, she has no fear, but I think, even SHE has some inner fears. 

Rainbow is my fav pony, I love her appearances in the show and she's voiced by my fav voice actor Ashleigh Ball <3 

499.gif

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

She had a lot of positive qualities in seasons past, but nowadays, at least to me, it's a different story.

Highly sure she hasn't changed that much.

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

She had a lot of positive qualities in seasons past, but nowadays, at least to me, it's a different story.

I think it's because the animators are running out of antagonists to keep things interesting, so they used her egoistic side to make her a bad guy. This happened mostly in season 8.

She is still the same Dashie we know and love, though.

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

She's literally the same character, I don't know why you keep saying this

1 hour ago, Midnight Solace said:

I think it's because the animators are running out of antagonists to keep things interesting, so they used her egoistic side to make her a bad guy. This happened mostly in season 8.

She is still the same Dashie we know and love, though.

Are you sure you're not talking about Season 6? Barring Non-Compete Clause(Which she shared with AJ), I never got this feeling, in fact I think it was one of her stronger seasons in the show. Season 6 on the other hand had entire episodes dedicated to punishing her for acting out of line for absolutely no reason

6 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Oh man... I can't bear to see something like this get carried over to another season!

• 5 years later...

as someone whose favorite character is rainbow dash i’ll try to be as unbiased as possible.

she definitely has some bad qualities; over competitive, too confident, arrogant and sometimes just rude.

however, i relate to her a lot, as do many people. she’s ambitious, athletic, loyal, and she does bring out the good in people. let’s take “hurricane fluttershy” for example; although she can be rude to flutter, she still really cares for her and believes in her, as she does all her friends. i personally think she has a hard time showing emotions and empathy. deep down, she truly does care for her friends. 

i absolutely adore rainbow dash, but i can see why some people dislike her and that’s totally okay! opinions are opinions and we shouldn’t fuss too much over them (sounding a bit too much like twilight rn)

• Brohoof 1

She may mostly think highly of herself, and is the least nice as a pony, but she actually cares about her friends, so that's her best qualities. She kinda reminds me of a character from a YT series as well, so that's also nice.