Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fan fiction Pokemon: The Masters (The Prologue)

GuardianFenix

Hello again, everyone. I, besides being a Brony, Duelist, and Sonic fan, am also a big fan of Pokemon, and I've decided to write a story about it. I, in a sense, am the main character, alongside a girl named Amy Redwood. (We don't really know each other at first, but it soon changes.) Anyway, I only have the prologue complete. I'll probably have the first actual chapter written in a couple of days. Until then, please enjoy what I've written.

It was a humid spring morning in Clover Town, the sweet smell of flowers and the ever-so-smooth feeling of the previous night’s rainfall still dripping from rooftops.

Enter Amy Redwood, age 15, a beautiful young schoolgirl with high expectations put on her not only by her parents, but her teachers, her peers, and especially the Pokemon professor of the Adventus Region, Professor John Redwood, her father.

Just as the sun began to shine out on a new day, children began running from their houses to find their friends and catch the school bus. Parents were running after their kids, either because they forgot their lunches or their backpacks. School buses and cars crowded the streets, and street lights were beginning to shut off. Flowers of almost every kind imaginable covered every small patch of grass.

Amy, still sick from the headache she had had the previous night, woke hesitantly, moving only one of her limbs at a time. After 10 long minutes of struggling to wake up, Amy emerged from her bed, still queasy from the night before. As she struggled to walk out of her room, her older sister, Ashley, decided to come in.

“Good morning, Amy,” she said quietly, aware of Amy’s condition.

“What do you want, Ashley?” Amy asked in surprise.

“I just wanted to see if you’ve gotten any better since last night’s rainstorm,” Ashley replied, still quiet.

The two decided to walk downstairs together, and they quickly realized that their father had not returned. Almost instantly, they looked at each other, stunned, wondering what terrible things could have happened to their dad. It took their little sister Daisy, and their mother to reassure that Prof. Redwood was alive and OK.

Maybe he just had to work late, and fell asleep at his desk, was Amy’s second thought. I have a really silly dad.

I hope he hasn’t forgotten…, Ashley thought. It’s Amy’s 16th birthday tomorrow.

On the other side of the town, another teenage boy woke from a long night’s sleep.

Enter Fenix Ingram, age 16. Tech freak and part-time DJ, he is well-known as “the hippest kid in Adventus”, with little to no argument upon the subject.

As he opens the curtains of his room to let in the sun, Fenix squints his eyes and assumes an intense burst of light; he assumed wrong, though. With only a small amount of sun lighting the room, he decides to dress in his “DJ outfit”, one of his many hand-picked sets of clothing; a pitch-black hooded jacket, a white shirt underneath, jeans, and a pair of blue running shoes.

Preparing his backpack for his last performance in Clover Town, Fenix was interrupted by his little brother rushing into his room.

“Big Bro, you’re late again!”, he screamed.

“Jason, calm down, man,” Fenix said calmly. “What am I late for?”

“The First Trainers’ Event, that’s what,” Jason said, a bit slower and calmer than before. “If you’re late, you may never get your first Pokemon! Then how are you gonna start your so-called ‘lifelong dream’?”

In a moment of realization, Fenix starts packing even faster. In a matter of three minutes, he had packed, eaten breakfast, and ran out of his house in more a hurry than he had ever been in before.

Amy and her two sisters sat at their dinner table, in the same seats that they’ve had for years,  slowly eating their breakfast in silence. Every person in the room (including their mother) had a gloomy look on their face, depressed on their own subjects. The room was so quiet that a toothpick could be heard hitting the smooth tile floor. Finally, Amy’s mother spoke up.

“So, Amy,” she said, “What would you like for your birthday?”

“I want something,” Amy replied in a depressed tone, “like a Pokemon. I want more bonds in my life.”

Daisy overreacted. “So you think we don’t love you enough?!”

“No, I never said that, Daisy,” said Amy. “I just… want my first Pokemon, that’s all.”

Ashley stood up. “I’ll be back,” she said. “I’m going to the lab. I’m gonna go check on Daddy.”

And I need to ask him something, too, she added within her thoughts. I think I know what we’ll get Amy for her birthday.

Fenix was sprinting down the sidewalk at full speed, completely unaware of what was around him. I have to get there before it starts, he thought, almost aloud. They’re never gonna let me in if I don’t make it! This is the ONLY time I just cannot be late!! Upon the thought of being late, he gave one big push, and ran even faster, his cousin, Angelica, trailing behind him on her mountain bike as best as she could.

Luckily, he arrived to the Clover Town Laboratory just in time to run through the front doors before the security guards locked them. The interior of the laboratory was immense; gleaming silver walls with cords dangling from every one of them, floors painted blood-red, and a mist covering the bottom of the laboratory as if an experiment had just finished.

Fenix happened to look to his left to see a woman he recognised; a red-haired, pigtailed, teenage woman. Ashley, was the first thought that came to mind. What’s she doing here? Shouldn’t she have her own team of Pokemon by now? Ashley was Fenix’s best friend; she was thought of as “the sweetest girl he had ever met”. Ashley had caught a glimpse of Fenix staring at her, and winked at him. Fenix, startled by her greeting, waved back at her.

He heard the terrible sound of a microphone screaming through the speakers, and immediately covered his ears. “Sorry,” a beautiful voice said through the speakers. “Sorry for the microphone; we just installed this for the event.” The ringing stopped, and the announcer cleared her throat.

“Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Trainer’s Genesis Event,” she said. “I hope you’re all excited to receive what will become your first Pokemon.” Immediate cheering and applause followed. The announcer cleared her throat again, but the noise kept going. She cleared her throat a little louder, and the noise died down. “Now, introducing the man of the hour, the Adventus Region’s Pokemon Professor, Mr.John Redwood!” Again, the cheering and applause started up again. From a door behind the announcer, a man in a blue lab coat stepped out and in front of hundreds of teenage Trainers-to-be.

• Brohoof 1