Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something you suck at, but want to master.

Smarts

EVERYTHING.

Naw, just kidding :3

Probably math(I suck), drawing and singing. 

I sound like a dying animal when I sing, so, yeah. I'd like to know how to sing simple songs nicely at least. 

• Brohoof 1

Like a previous person posted.  I would like to be really good at Illustrator.  Just to be able to create vectors of my drawings in photoshop is something I would like to attain very much.

• Brohoof 1

I really, REALLY wish I had the talent of drawing. No matter how much I try, it would take me hours on end to draw something half-way decent, while someone with artistic talent could do it without even thinking.

I suppose I make up for that in my piano and percussion playing abilities (which are still far from any definition of "master"), but I still haven't been able to get around the guitar. The layout of the notes is completely foreign to me, and I only know how to play a few basic chords. But if I ever get the time to, I'd love to get better at it.

So, yeah. Drawing and guitar. I'd give my left kidney to be able to master either.

• Brohoof 1

Ace Attorney.

I'm usually bad at getting my evidence presented, but it's just so rewarding to see the text pop up on the screen, "Not Guilty". Plus, the Objections make it more intense.

• Brohoof 1

Animation... If there was a gun put to my head and I was told to animate, I would definitely be dead... about 300 times.

I mean just look at JanAnimations! I don't even see how that's possible!

Edited by zavasant
  • Brohoof 1

My anxiety. I feel awful if it gets out of hand.

I really wish I could just go into my head, strangle it into submission, stamp it to death and then burn it to ashes.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't really suck at it, and I don't necessarily mean to master it, but I'd like to become skilled at sculpting. My goal at this particular moment in time is to sculpt a pony that is more show accurate than something Hasbro could muster up. My first few attempts were pretty scary, but I'm getting there!

And as much as bettering my pitiful excuse at social skills would benefit me, I honestly don't really mind that I'm shy, or inappropriate in public. It's all part of who I am, and I don't really want to change. Change is a scary thing. Especially when people change.

• Brohoof 2

• 9 years later...

If my hands weren't so shaky, I'd love to spend time learning to draw and play instruments which require more delicate hand movements :fluttershy: cuz right now my hands are shaky and like to move

I also wish I were better at eyeballing measurements. :blush:

I’m still practicing my acoustic guitar but no where near where I wanted to be. Seriously I would give anything to master it. Music is part of my healing and I would really love to master it. I sometimes envy those who plays it well and because they can afford private lessons. I literally have to self-taught myself and kinda wish I can afford some private lesson…

Singing would be nice too. I used to sing all the time for the choirs but stopped. I’m not too open singing out loud but I do want to sing out loud and master it. I love music- sadly I wish I was good at it.

Communicating? but with autism + trauma's it's kinda hard ;;
Music - piano in particular but given that i come from a poor family and even classes were so $$$ i never got a chance to; would have loved to though, i find the sound very calming
Anything that requires my back to function properly {my back is damaged so that won't happen in a life time}

14 hours ago, TBD said:

I’m still practicing my acoustic guitar but no where near where I wanted to be. Seriously I would give anything to master it. Music is part of my healing and I would really love to master it. I sometimes envy those who plays it well and because they can afford private lessons. I literally have to self-taught myself and kinda wish I can afford some private lesson…

Singing would be nice too. I used to sing all the time for the choirs but stopped. I’m not too open singing out loud but I do want to sing out loud and master it. I love music- sadly I wish I was good at it.

Just youtube it. 👍

• Brohoof 1

Something I'm not very good at right now but wanna master at is my priorities at work especially in super busy days which even now to this day is still a bit stressful and frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Just youtube it. 👍

I have tried that, it helps sorta but I think in-person training is more useful. I need another ears to tell me if I’m playing it right. Maybe one day when I made enough money to afford a month training session.:coco:

6 hours ago, TBD said:

I have tried that, it helps sorta but I think in-person training is more useful. I need another ears to tell me if I’m playing it right. Maybe one day when I made enough money to afford a month training session.:coco:

Which would you rather learn from? Youtube (which is free)

Or

Someone you have to pay?.

Id pick the you tube anytime... Or a friend who knows guitar.

You dont need another ear to know if you are playing it right. Trust me. It kills originality.

I suck at singing, playing instruments and writing melodies; I can’t do any of them. I’d love to learn because music is a huge part of the art world and I need to be creative. I can write lyrics but not melodies. And I’m awful at the rest.

Everything. Would be nice to actually be good at something for once. Maybe it's just that I don't put enough effort into anything.

But to give a specific example, I'm terrible at playing difficult video games and would like to get better at playing them.

• 5 months later...

I wish somebody in my family with a musical talent would take the time to actually teach me the guitar. Nobody offers lessons out here in the middle of nowhere and I can't seem to teach myself.