Let's talk about romance. :)

WhiteGuardian

Romance is best served with Times New Roman font.

or whatever your browser uses for default text. So basically, as an internet user, I have found out that text is the best way, period!

Edited by Super Splashee
  • Brohoof 1

On 6/27/2019 at 5:59 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

I dunno about you man but the one thing that really makes my heart flutter when it comes to romance is action, and physical touch....like, not so much words, but, action. Like when my boyfriend kisses me, or when he puts his hand on mine, or...when he puts his hand someplace else...:bedeyes:, or when he hugs me, rubs my shoulders, runs his fingers through my hair...etc etc. That sorta thing. 

This is still true. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

On 6/28/2019 at 12:10 AM, Dustleeshus said:

I love getting romantic with my BF! :catface:  But as @Lucky Boltsaid, the best part is the action for me. I absolutely love nuzzling his chest when we cuddle and then looking up at him with this dumb, lovestruck look on my face listening to his heartbeat and hearing it begin to flutter. Then it turns into kissing, and then, well, I have a hard time resisting reaching down south. :bedeyes: I also like when he rubs my shoulders and plays with my hair. Though I also have to return the favor by admiring his gorgeous biceps and rubbing his big cute tummy :blush:

Then there's the times during all of this he decides to tickle me and pretend I'm having a seizure. Then I have to get him back by trying to boop his nose but he just tickles me more... :laugh: Oh, all the good times I've had with him. :wub:

Still have to say this. :wub:

• 4 months later...

Romance pffft, I'm an emo so I'm a hopeless romantic UwU you feel warm. Is it just me or are you getting warmer, UwU your heartbeat relax I'm just wanting to hear about your day. Yeah no my life doesn't have much romance to it haha, though whatever romance is nice.

Cute Emo Couple Cartoon | Emo cartoons, Cute emo couples, Emo love

Random pic from google.

I got two go to romances right now that I think really hit the right buttons. One is a simplistic kind of romance that isn't really the focus but it still feels genuine. The other is a steamy, sexy, yet still somehow grounded and mature tale where the romance very much IS the focus.

Tangled: the Series. For those who don't know, yes, the Disney movie had a tv spinoff. For those of us who grew up with the Aladdin tv series, that should feel familiar. Anyway, the romance between Eugene and Rapunzel isn't really the focus of the show, in fact it gets a lot less attention than Jasmine and Aladdin's relationship. However the show surprises me all the time with just how serious Eugene takes his commitment to Rapunzel. He's the familiar rogue we know and love him as from the film but no matter what Rapunzel wants to do, from entering a contest to jumping off cliffs, he never once complains or protests. When she's feeling low or unsure of herself, he's always there to give some words of encouragement, and it's not like he's just telling her to make her feel better. When he says that she can do anything, you really feel like he believes it. It kind of hit me out of the blue why. (Movie spoilers) He literally died for her! And yet it's because of her that he's alive again. So this is a man who laid down his life to save a woman and she repays that by giving him new life. Eugene's devotion to Rapunzel is absolute. It's simple, yet it's also incredibly deep.

The next is Lore Olympus. It's a webcomic detailing the romance between Hades and his eventual wife, Persephone. For those who don't know, the biggest myth Hades is known for that doesn't have him as a side character to a hero is the taking of Persephone. Where he spirits the goddess of spring to his home in the Underworld to take as his bride. (As promised to him by Zeus.) Without going into the whole myth there's some debate as to how consenting Persephone was and even if she wasn't at first, in all subsequent myths where Hades appears, Persephone is always at his side and even is possessive of him when other suitors try to make a move. In stark contrast to Zeus' many, many affairs with . . . pretty much anything with a pulse, Hades remained totally faithful to Persephone and again, that devotion was returned by her. I mean A) this is already hits my romantic buttons. B ) the webcomic greatly expands upon this dynamic. At this point in the comic they're not even together yet but their chemistry is unbelievably well written and very real seeming. They're relaxed around one another, they talk honestly with one another, they give each other meaningful gifts, they want to touch and hold the other (even though they know they really shouldn't), they can call the other out when they made a mistake but not in a petty way, and they miss the other when they're not around. I don't know, part of it is coming from one of my favorite Greek myths, and another definitely is that Persephone as depicted in the comic is the sexiest character I've ever seen illustrated, but I do think there's just something to how the romance really works as both a re-telling of the myth and a very good depiction of healthy relationships.

I don't think romance can exist without songs... *Sings* "I wanna know what love issssss!!!"

11 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

For those of us who grew up with the Aladdin tv series

OMG, that was like.... No romance at all. They were not even looking at each other, as I remember it. Iago and Abu shared more kisses!

14 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I don't think romance can exist without songs... *Sings* "I wanna know what love issssss!!!"

"I want you to show me!".

Because after all,

"What is love? Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more."

17 minutes ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

"I want you to show me!".

Because after all,

"What is love? Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more."

Conclusion: Romance only requires yourself and love songs :proud:

9 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I got a whole playlist of romantic songs. One about longing for love is Nickleback's Gotta be Someone.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

I got a whole playlist of romantic songs. One about longing for love is Nickleback's Gotta be Someone.

I used to hate "love themed" songs when I was little. They were disgusting to me. Now, I start realizing their potential, how they are made with emotions. I don't know many songs by name, so when something pops up and I recognize it, I try to figure out what the name of the song is.

That's romance for you! Hate turns to love :adorkable:

2 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I used to hate "love themed" songs when I was little. They were disgusting to me. Now, I start realizing their potential, how they are made with emotions. I don't know many songs by name, so when something pops up and I recognize it, I try to figure out what the name of the song is.

That's romance for you! Hate turns to love :adorkable:

I find that that's actually a bad start to a relationship if that plays out in real life. There's an app you can get called shazam though. You let it listen to a song and it shows you what that song is.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I don't see what's so special about being romantically in love with someone. I mean about more than half of romantic couples either break up with each other or divorce each other, while most platonic best friends remain friends until death. 

I think that having a platonic best friend is a lot better than having a romantic partner or spouse is. 

You're going to have a much deeper spoken understanding and connection with your best friend than you are with a romantic partner or spouse. 

Having someone who's like a sibling to you is a lot better than having a romantic partner or spouse is. And you will most likely have a much stronger bond with a person who's like a brother or sister to you than you would with a romantic partner or spouse.

Edited by AlicornSpell

I love romance. More specifically, I love it when my girl does romantic things, and I love saying romantic stuff to her to make her heart flutter and face go all red and blushy. It's adorable, and it makes me feel all the warm fuzzies inside. :P

We're long distance right now, so it's kinda hard to do physical stuff, but as much as we can we make time for each other, talk to each other, help each other out with stress and stuff like that, it's all really nice and just fun and comfortable stuff.

I'm a hopeless romantic as well.  The "forever alone" type, I guess you'd say.  I'm a ludicrously romantic person, but doomed to go my entire life without a special somepony.  I love romance in all types of fiction.  I love a good love story.  I guess when it comes to romance, I like mutual affection, vulnerability, and intimacy.  I love me some good erotic material as well.

Oh wow, dang, this thread is old.  Lol.

On 9/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, Justin_Case001 said:

I'm a hopeless romantic as well.  The "forever alone" type, I guess you'd say.  I'm a ludicrously romantic person, but doomed to go my entire life without a special somepony.  I love romance in all types of fiction.  I love a good love story.  I guess when it comes to romance, I like mutual affection, vulnerability, and intimacy.  I love me some good erotic material as well.

Oh wow, dang, this thread is old.  Lol.

Yes, you're doomed. Feel the loneliness and be fulfilled of it.

I'm honestly not really sure what to say about romance. I've never really.. felt it in the way that most describe it and It honestly makes me feel sad sometimes. Relationship have always been a strange subject for me as I've been through about 6 now and I think there has only been one back from when I was 14 that I'd describe feeling actual serious attraction for. You know.. that feeling of actual love for your partner. My relationship's outside of that one have never really felt the same in the sense that it was never that I didn't want to be with the person, just that I never.. "loved them". I'd always say I love you though it honestly felt like a lie. 

Honestly I blame myself cause I have a habit of sorta rushing into relationships, and even actively seeking a relationship. Like I've messaged random people in the past in hopes of something happening between us. I know it's a ****** thing to do but why lie, ya know? It's often lead to issues cause of course I'd rush into a relationship with this person, find out that I don't really have any feelings for them, and then have to break their heart. All cause I rushed. I think a good way to describe it really is that I've never actually had a relationship with someone who was my friend first. Of course you become friends between meeting them and dating but I mean like an actual friend that you could of known for years, and then you start dating after some serious time spent together as just friends. 

Funny enough, my longest partner was only 8 months (And they were the one I loved) :please:. Hopefully one day I'll find "The one".