Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scenes you hated

Mywas

But that's what I'm saying. The entire episode is a snowball of stupidity that can only be resolved by more stupidity because the writer realized that the weird scenario they concocted was stupid.

Well I mean, there's also the possibility that the bros are really good flim flammers :P

No dude, you really don't get to do that. They TELL you exactly what the mirror is for, you don't get to say "They're wring and I'm right." You may as well assert that Twilight's cutie mark symbolizes the color purple.

I don't get to do what? Watch the scene where Fluttershy is looking at herself in the mirrors and imagine what's going through her head? It's not like we get an inner monologue.

I didn't say anything about anyone being wrong, Twilight explained the functional purpose of the mirrors. I didn't say that wasn't true. I just surmized what was going on in Fluttershy's head.

Well I mean, there's also the possibility that the bros are really good flim flammers
But they're not. The Apple Family stupidly let them use their apples to make cider to fulfill a demand the Apple Family refused to successfully fulfill because reasons. The story wants to do the thing where the machine favors quantity over quality and the town learns that and they favor the Apple Family's cider instead, but that doesn't work because the machine's cider was proven to be perfectly good and it would have won the competition had the writer not realized this and given the Flim Flam Bros the idiot ball so they stupidly decide to mess up the process because reasons. But then the episode gets all smarmy about how the Apple Family was in the right all along and how everyone else needed to learn a lesson.

I don't get to do what? Watch the scene where Fluttershy is looking at herself in the mirrors and imagine what's going through her head? It's not like we get an inner monologue.

I didn't say anything about anyone being wrong, Twilight explained the functional purpose of the mirrors. I didn't say that wasn't true. I just surmized what was going on in Fluttershy's head.

Yes, you did.

Twilight says the mirrors have a specific purpose. By trying to invent a reason the mirror worked, you're changing the whole purpose of the mirror and saying Twilight is wrong. That's not up for debate.

so they stupidly decide to mess up the process because reasons

Because it was shown they would have lost otherwise...?

Yes, you did. Twilight says the mirrors have a specific purpose. By trying to invent a reason the mirror worked, you're changing the whole purpose of the mirror and saying Twilight is wrong. That's not up for debate.

I didn't say she was wrong, just theorized what thought process was in Fluttershy's mind.

Yes, you did.

Twilight says the mirrors have a specific purpose. By trying to invent a reason the mirror worked, you're changing the whole purpose of the mirror and saying Twilight is wrong. That's not up for debate.

Because it was shown they would have lost otherwise...?

No. At the rate of four barrels every thirty seconds, they still would have won even after the Apple Family burst in production. They would have tired themselves out and the machine would still be going at a steady pace.

Oh, and that's another thing: for all that BS about taking their time on the cider to make sure it's good, it turns out rushing yourself to the point of exhaustion still produces mighty fine cider...

...that's still not enough for the entire town, because the Apple Family is really bad at running a business and always seems to be in short supply despite having a monopoly on the area's apple industry. "Didn't need to learn anything," my right butt cheek.

Nah, Flutterhulk was just as bad, a huge insult to her character as if the writers never even met her.

But more than the implications, I just hate how Flutterbat affected the story cohesion. Fluttershy's entire stance is that the bats aren't just mindless ravenous beasts that will destroy the farm and have no empathy. Then when she's infused with batness, she becomes... a mindless ravenous beast that will destroy the farm and has no empathy. Then once that's fixed, they're all "Oh Fluttershy, you were right!" What logically should have happened is for Fluttershy to say "Okay that was horrible, we really really have to get rid of every single bat as soon as possible."

The design was a bit too silly looking for my taste.

Every single line that left Big Mac and Cheerilee's mouths in "Hearts and Hooves Day"

I cringe every time....

Yeah, but I think we're supposed to cringe.  I had no problem with it being in the script considering the plot of the episode.

The Twilight vs. Tirek fight scene, easily. It's so ridiculous how detached from the themes of FiM that scene is. 

Without question, it was Twilight's lowest moment in the show. She ignored any and all sense of rationality, acting on vengeful impulse with absolutely nothing on mind except for seeing him dead. Her blasts probably ended the lives of a dozen animals who happened to be living in the area---animals who Fluttershy might have been good friends with. Ponyville could have easily been caught in the crossfire, but she certainly did not care. 

I honestly hope to never see another piece of brony-pandering shit like that in the show again. 

• Brohoof 3

@@Cleverclover, Ok, I'll stipulate that that fight was outside the normal themes of FIM, but what choice did she have, extactly?  I mean, what, in your opinion, would have been the right thing for her to do?  She probably figured that if she didn't stand and fight, Tirek would probably destroy Equestria.  Some collateral damage is unfortunate but inevitable.  This reminds me of the folks who say Man of Steel was garbage purely because Kal caused a crapton of property damage and endangered some lives.  Nevermind that he saved the world.  Cause, y'know, if he were really Superman, he would have done it without knocking one brick out of place.  Perhaps Twi's blasts did kill some animals.  Would that have been worse than letting Tirek win, which probably would have meant the death of everything in the world?  (Should I quote Spock's dying words?)  I realize it wasn't Twi's magic that ultimately stopped him, but again, I don't think she felt like she had much of a choice at the time.  And I don't believe it was meant to be brony-pandering.  I've heard a lot of testimony that young girls enjoyed that fight.

If you wanna talk about hate, then definitely every single scene from both Equestria Girls movies featuring Flash Sentry making pretty boy eyes at Twilight. Seriously, I hated the undeveloped, shallow guy... at first. Tbh, he's kinda grown on me :) Wouln't mind seeing him get some proper character development in upcoming seasons (or just Equestria Girls 3).

Not sure if Equestria Girls counts, but wow did I ever HATE Snips and Snails' rap.  I usually don't even particularly dislike those two, but that scene was pointless, annoying and went on for way too long.

Off the top of my head:

- The way Twilight gets ditched in ACW. I can't stand seeing Twilight hurt to begin with but everyone was just way out of line here. Her friends because Twilight knows Cadance much better than they do, and Celestia because she has known Cadance for years and she of all ponies should have noticed the change. Twilight noticed immediately, Celestia has no excuse even without the special greeting. For one thing, Cadance's magic isn't green. It's blue. This is a dead giveaway.

- I didn't like attitudes of everyone except Fluttershy in the 'Bats' song. They were just too cold and callous, and not at all willing to listen to Fluttershy.

-If EQG counts, Flash Sentry's personality, or lack thereof. If you're going to give Twilight a love interest, at least make him interesting. Or pair her with Sunset because go SunLight!

The scene where Twilight gets ditched in Canterlot Wedding.  Not because of the fact that it happens, but because of the fact that it is completely out of character for the rest of the mane six to do this.  I understand why they did this (they did this so that Twilight and the fake Cadance would be alone in the room).  But the way they did it was just so mean-spirited that it betrays everything that the show was about up to that point.  And the fact that Celestia didn't even apologize for her role in it at the end was honestly borderline offensive, especially since she was the one who was mentoring Twilight.  So naturally, she should be leading by example.

I wouldn't say I 'hated' this scene necessarily.  But it definitely bugs me that they would do this.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Here we go again. *ahem*

• The river serpent scene - Friendship is Magic, Part 2. The sad thing is that this is Rarity's moment to shine. I was looking forward to it, and I got a melodramatic river serpent with a falsetto voice. I'll admit, having a lopsided mustache is dreadful to one's appearance and self-esteem - symmetry, darling! - but I despised the character.
  • Sonic Rainboom - As much as I loved seeing a new side to Rainbow Dash and the birth of yay, I didn't like this episode. I'm proud of Rarity for coming up with the idea of supporting Dash and volunteering to test out the wing spell, but I don't like how the episode brings out her vanity and selfishness. Plus, her style needed work at the end of the episode.
  • Twilight gets put in "time out" - A Canterlot Wedding, Part 1. I wanted to cry at this scene. Twilight Sparkle is arguably the smartest living thing in all of Equestria. I can't believe her friends didn't listen to her. Everypony was so caught up in helping with a royal wedding that they couldn't bring themselves to bear trash talk about the bride. It's not a scene I hate, but it is definitely something I would scold the rest of the Mane Six about. Gosh.
  • Spike sings the Cloudsdale anthem - Equestria Games. I don't hate this scene, but it is undoubtedly the most cringe-worthy moment of the entire series. Poor Spikey-Wikey.
Edited by True Rarity

Oh, boy.  Where do I even begin?  Here are the scenes that made me angry or uncomfortable:

1. Twilight being told off by her brother, friends and Celestia in "A Canterlot Wedding: Part 1."

2.  The majority of "Twilight's Kingdom: Part 1" and all of "Twilight's Kingdom: Part 2."  I would list the scenes I hated, but we would be here all day if I listed them all.

3. The main six being discolored and acting mean in "The Return of Harmony."

4. Pinkie Pie in "Filli Vanilli."

5. Discord being evil in "Return of Harmony," "Princess Twilight Sparkle," and "Twilight's Kingdom."

6. Spike butchering the Cloudsdale Anthem in "Equestria Games."

7. Applejack scolding Twilight in "Winter Wrap Up."

8. Flash Sentry being mean to Twilight in "Rainbow Rocks."

9. The CMC in "Stare Master," and "Ponyville Confidential."

10. Rainbow Dash in "Mysterious Mare Do Well."

Edited by twilightsparkle3562

The scene in Feeling Pinkie Keen where a bunch of stuff falls on Twilight and severely injures her. What's worse is that her suffering is meant to be funny.

Also, the infamous scene in Putting Your Hoof Down made me cry and I actually like Fluttershy a lot less now.