Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies, did you ever play with MLP toys as kids?

Rarity Paige Belle

Heck yes!!

My GIjoes rode into battle atop G1 ponies like, Chief (a big brother pony) and Glory (one of the original unicorns, mare).

Considering I still own my collection frmo the 80s, and no I have not gone online to "see what they are worth", no amount of money can buy these childhood moments away.

My Mother (who i suspect wanted a girl..hmm) eagerly bought my toys that where merch for my fav cartoons (god the 90s and 80s rocked for cartoons). If it was thundercats or teenage mutant ninja turtles, but always she was quick to ask when I begged for a new toy at the store "Do you want a new pony?"!

The count for the 4 gens of MLP are up to 156 pony toys, including my 16 EQgirls and Rainbow rocks dolls, I would answer your question with a solid...

Eeyup!

• Brohoof 1

It was a long time ago, but I remember a brushable toy. It was blue with a pink mane?? I don't remember. I do remember that I liked it. I had a moving head and a cutie mark that I don't remember. And I also had other horse toys. I really loved a beautiful black winged unicorn made of a shinny plastic, a very realistic hair for the mane and tail, and silk for the black wings with white contours. Turns out he is my OC in the roleplaying game I have with my friends... The irony.

I remember watching the movie from G1 but I forgot about it. So did have a actual pony toy, but I never really got into the "pony thing" at the time.

My GIjoes rode into battle atop G1 ponies like, Chief (a big brother pony) and Glory (one of the original unicorns, mare).

LOL! I wish I had thought of that when I was a kid! :lol:

I used to have a whole bucket of them when I was a kid. They weren't my favorite toy to play with, but I used to like to give them hair cuts. (They usually ended up bald in the end....) 

Heh. No, I was in high school when 'My Pretty Pony' (the predecessor of My Little Pony) first came out in the early 80's. I wasn't into that kind of toy at the time.

When I *was* into that kind of toy, it was more Johnny West and the early G.I. Joe. I think the last toy figure I had was the Bionic Man before I lost interest in that kind of thing.

Yeah I did though back then didn't know what I was playing with was MLP., that and my imagination was soo big that the MLP toys in my mind were helping me fight off a giant polar bear named Boss with the help of three cats named boycat, girlcat and kitty.

Yeah....I was bouncing off the walls back then.

• 3 months later...

Yes I did. I was like 4. My dad called me My Little Pony boy one time because he was joking about it. Why wasn't it because he'd somehow figured out I watch it or something? :/

I grew up in a house with two female cousins around my age and one a bit older than me, and although I played a bit with barbies and some other girlish toys when me and my twin brother would play with our cousins and their toys, I don't recall seeing an MLP toy. It's very well possible that there was one but that I just don't remember it.
However, I do remember playing on their PC the game My Little Pony: Friendship Gardens. I remember I really liked that game, it was fun. So I did still have a positive association with MLP in my mind from when I was a kid, before I became a brony, because of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I never did. no. actually, I used to cringe at the toy commercials when they showed on tv. I was like, 12 years old, though.

I never did, but it's not just because the fact that I didn't know what My Little Pony was until I was nearly out of Middle School, but that I usually just played with Transformers and Sonic figures when I was a kid, I don't think MLP would have appealed to me back then.

Nope. When I was a kid, I played with Hot Wheels, LEGO, Power Rangers and Crash Dummies. As well as Model trains and slot cars. I was into the "boy toys".

Even now, I don't really play with any of my merch.I"ll brush and style their manes when I take them out of the package...but that's it. Though my plushies I do cuddle and kiss a lot, more so my Fluttershy ones....I even sleep with her.

I think I grew up with the g3 toys, I can't remember what I had, but I soon grew up to like fishing and having a brother, I liked his things more than the cute little ponies I had. I did have a few, and I remember having this big tropical vacation island play set or something.

• 7 years later...