Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm not notified when I'm quoted.

Spark

I requested an avatar a little bit ago, and it seemed to take a while for somepony to see it. I finally went to the thread and discovered that my request had been acknowledged, and I had been quoted. I'm usually notified when I'm quoted, but since I got the chrome extension, I haven't got any notifications.

I've noticed the same thing while using the Chrome extension. When you get a notification with the extension it seems to mark it as read on the site.

I haven't looked into them myself, but I wonder if there is something in the extension settings that allows you to turn this on or off.

You'll have to get Neikos to help you with the Chrome extension properly, but to my knowledge, it fetches your list of notifications the same way as your browser does, which marks them as read. However, a small red number appears on the extension's icon that shows the number of unread notifications... do you see that?

Just saw this >.>

Yes, I'm sorry but that is sadly the problem without any API to work with. I am indeed fetching the page like if you are clicking on the small notifications box. It is the only way I can do it. I thought about adding an extra flag to the extension that will be appended to the url request fetching the notifications, but wouldn't that destroy the point of having the extension in the first place? As you will be notified on site and on the extension. Of course I can also add an option to change that.

Thinking about it.

You'll have to get Neikos to help you with the Chrome extension properly, but to my knowledge, it fetches your list of notifications the same way as your browser does, which marks them as read. However, a small red number appears on the extension's icon that shows the number of unread notifications... do you see that?

NO, but it just started working.

Okay, it seems I'm getting the notifications, but I'm not being told that they're there.