Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is a picture counted as a line of text in your signature?

Antismurf9001
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

Hello, I just came here to ask, well, the above question.  This wouldn't really be a concern to me usually, but my signature used to actually have six lines of text plus the banner picture.  Then, when I went to change it today, I got errors until I reduced everything down to the current five lines.  Was this a somewhat recent change?  (By recent, this could easily have been months ago, since I haven't edited my signature in quite some time)  I apologize for the potentially silly question and thank you for your help in advance.

As the above folks have said, it does indeed count :) Your signature is embedded via a URL and coding tags, which both count as characters, just as much as written words do. I don't recall there ever being a change in the way signatures are run. What you encountered before may have simply been a fewer level of characters in your signature as opposed to now, or a glitch of some kind.

• Brohoof 2

As the above folks have said, it does indeed count :) Your signature is embedded via a URL and coding tags, which both count as characters, just as much as written words do. I don't recall there ever being a change in the way signatures are run. What you encountered before may have simply been a fewer level of characters in your signature as opposed to now, or a glitch of some kind.

Maybe he had donor/subscriber status, as that allows up to 15 lines of text.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe he had donor/subscriber status, as that allows up to 15 lines of text.

That's possible, maybe I changed it back during that week where everyone was given subscriber status after the Christmas charity drive...

Anyways, thank you all for your answers!

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.