Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Sombra the rightful King of Equestria?

Forlong

king_sombra_by_gralmaka-d5l0c81.png

I can't help but think that Sombra was the true King of Equestria.  Celestia and Luna overthrew him because, you know, tyrant.  No, this does not make him their dad; but they could be related.

• Brohoof 1

I really wish they had done more with Sombra. He could have been easily the best and most threatening villain in Equestria. Instead he's a personality-less, easily defeated nobody.

Oh well. At least he looks cool. B)

Edited by Frostgage

king_sombra_by_gralmaka-d5l0c81.png

I can't help but think that Sombra was the true King of Equestria.  Celestia and Luna overthrew him because, you know, tyrant.  No, this does not make him their dad; but they could be related.

Actually I think that Celestia and Luna are the tyrants. They overthrow a ruler who was no threat to them, and Celestia may even have been in love with him!

Tell that to Shining after he got "equalized," Cadance after she almost died from exhaustion, Twilight after she fell for every single Crystal Heart trap, etc.

Do you think Celestia was in love with the canon universe's Sombra, so she used the mirror to see if she could save him?

Tell that to Shining after he got "equalized," Cadance after she almost died from exhaustion, Twilight after she fell for every single Crystal Heart trap, etc.

Yeah, like I said, easily defeated.

(I need to go back and watch those episodes again...)

I stand by my statement that the writers could have done much better with him, though.

Actually I think that Celestia and Luna are the tyrants. They overthrow a ruler who was no threat to them,

Well, besides the whole "enslaving an entire race and corrupting Equestria's literal beacon of hope" thing.

and Celestia may even have been in love with him!

I assume that's from the last issue of the comic. I really need to catch up.

The way I see, even if he was the rightful king of the Crystal Empire or Equestria or whatever, he the right to rule when he became a tyrant.

• Brohoof 1

Um.....everypony.......you do know that King Sombra's name originated from the word "Umbra" which means shadow.  So, if you guys think he is the rightful king of Equestria......i would personally Spartan Kick him right off his throne.  Just his personality and appearance strikes fear so no.  I do not think he would be rightful king of Equestria. 

@,

Why be so complicated? Sombra is just Spanish for shadow, no need to go into Latin. I believe it's also a pun on somber.

In any case, Equestria and the Crystal Empire aren't connected so he has no jurisdiction past that. Also, he's probably not even the real ruler of the Crystal Empire judging by the reaction the ponies had to Cadence. 

Actually I think that Celestia and Luna are the tyrants. They overthrow a ruler who was no threat to them, and Celestia may even have been in love with him!

.....What the Hell? Sombra may have been no threat to them(debatable) but he was a sadistic monster who got off on making slaves turn circles around his castle, just for their pain.

Why would Celestia be in love with him?! Is there any evidence for this?! I swear, if this came from the comics, they didn't jump the shark, no, they jumped over the galaxy!

• Brohoof 1

@,

Why be so complicated? Sombra is just Spanish for shadow, no need to go into Latin. I believe it's also a pun on somber.

True.....if you think about, even as a former King of the Crystal Empire before his fall, he really didn't fit the title of a "true" king but more a "traitorous" king. 

P.S.  I felt the Latin ones were better, :lol:

@,

In any case, Equestria and the Crystal Empire aren't connected so he has no jurisdiction past that. Also, he's probably not even the real ruler of the Crystal Empire judging by the reaction the ponies had to Cadence. 

.....What the Hell? Sombra may have been no threat to them(debatable) but he was a sadistic monster who got off on making slaves turn circles around his castle, just for their pain.

Why would Celestia be in love with him?! Is there any evidence for this?! I swear, if this came from the comics, they didn't jump the shark, no, they jumped over the galaxy!

Afraid it has come from the comics!

@,

He was king by right....doesn't mean he was good king

Umbra sounds like umbrella(little shadow) 

lol, yes....that's where I also got the word from. :D

Afraid it has come from the comics!

....You know, here are my feelings on that

gohan-rage-o.gif

WHAT THE HELL?! THIS IS ASININE! IT'S LIKE THEY WERE HIGH ON CRACK! THIS MAKES NO DAMN SENSE, IT'S LIKE A 9 YEAR OLD FANFIC WRITER WAS IN CHARGE OF THIS!

We don't even know if he was royal to begin with... and far as I know he took over the Crystal Empire, not Canterlot. When does one say they are the rulers of Equestria, is it when they are considered King or Princess? Or do they have to rule over Canterlot as its main ruling post?

Then again though I recall that if anything were to fall by Celestia and Luna, Twilight Sparkle was forced to take over the ruling as head Princess till their return. Princess Cadence was too far away to help so it all fell on Twilight. But if Twilight were to fall as well, then that would mean Cadence would have to take over ruling all of Equestria, not just focusing on the Crystal Empire... So i guess in a way King Sombra, though a tyrant, did have the ruling power to RULE Equestria, but if he offically wanted to do so he'd have to over throw the other rulers, like Celestia and Luna. And according some some fan made stories that seem to fit (but they don't it would just be interesting) he was already planning to stage an army and march into Canterlot to overthrow Celestia and Luna but obviously didn't act in time because they came for him instead. So hmmm interesting and scary

@@Lightning Bliss,

The Crystal Empire is tiny, Sombra would not have enough man power to take on Equestria. And considering how easily Celestia and Luna kicked his ass, it was smart that he didn't get involved

@,

I expect more from official material than crappy shipping to the level where I'd rather be shipping Twilight x Spike 

• Brohoof 1

@@Lightning Bliss,

The Crystal Empire is tiny, Sombra would not have enough man power to take on Equestria. And considering how easily Celestia and Luna kicked his ass, it was smart that he didn't get involved

@,

I expect more from official material than crappy shipping to the level where I'd rather be shipping Twilight x Spike 

That is true but he could corrupt or hypnotize his soliders to follow him, so whos to say he wasn't planning to attempt the same in Canterlot? One thing that tends to repeat with evil villians is that they all want power till theres no power left to obtain, maybe it wasn't soon, but whos to say he wasn't planning?

....You know, here are my feelings on that

gohan-rage-o.gif

WHAT THE HELL?! THIS IS ASININE! IT'S LIKE THEY WERE HIGH ON CRACK! THIS MAKES NO DAMN SENSE, IT'S LIKE A 9 YEAR OLD FANFIC WRITER WAS IN CHARGE OF THIS!

I quite like where the comic is going. It shows that the villains in FIM are not pure evil. Who knows, Sombra could've have been driven mad by his love for Celestia!

@@Lightning Bliss,

Sombra is smart, he wouldn't try attacking Equestria while he knows that he'd get trashed. It's likely he was trying to weaponize the Crystal Heart, judging by the stained glass of it destroying Twilight. Obviously, before he could do that, Celestia and Luna handed him his ass

• Brohoof 1

Nope. Because he technically isn't a King at all.

He's not an alicorn nor is he married with a Queen so has no right to call himself a King at all.

If anything he should a dark-mage or something...

@,

Sombra, the guy who was going to eat Spike, the guy who has slaves run in circles for his personal amusement, the guy who's heart was black as night...do you know how bad that sounds? The enormous stench of ass pull behind this is ludicrous . When Celestia, the one who forgives Discord on a whim, tries to murder you and says your heart is black as night, you are pure evil. Think of it like this guy turning out to be good all of a sudden

Chernabog.jpg

Nope. Because he technically isn't a King at all.

He's not an alicorn nor is he married with a Queen so has no right to call himself a King at all.

If anything he should a dark-mage or something...

We don't know if alicorn automatically means royalty. Blueblood is royal and he's not an alicorn

1. It was stated the Empire has enough magic to influence the rest of Equestria.

2. They had to double-team him, and even then, he got the last laugh.

3. We only saw the final blow. For all we know, the rest of it went like this: