Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Sombra the rightful King of Equestria?

Forlong

Actually I think that Celestia and Luna are the tyrants. They overthrow a ruler who was no threat to them, and Celestia may even have been in love with him!

LOL, what?  No threat?  Okay, Sombra uses nothing but Alicorn Magic and every spell he tries takes effect instantaneously.  Celestia, an ALICORN, has to take a second to gather the magical energy to cast a spell with Alicorn Magic.  So Sombra is her magical equal; if not, her superior.  He also took the Crystal Heart and spread darkness all over Equestria.  Sounds like a threat to me.

Celestia's personal feelings for him are irrelevant.

....You know, here are my feelings on that

img-2431688-1-gohan-rage-o.gif

WHAT THE HELL?! THIS IS ASININE! IT'S LIKE THEY WERE HIGH ON CRACK! THIS MAKES NO DAMN SENSE, IT'S LIKE A 9 YEAR OLD FANFIC WRITER WAS IN CHARGE OF THIS!

Here's a wild idea, you spaz, how about you read the comics before making judgements about them?  You didn't get a clear picture of what happened through those statements.  Here, I'll even make it easy for you.  PM me your email and I'll send you a digital copy of the comic.  That is, if you're to cheap to pay $4 for a comic book.

Nope. Because he technically isn't a King at all.

He's not an alicorn nor is he married with a Queen so has no right to call himself a King at all.

If anything he should a dark-mage or something...

Neither was the Unicorn King...

@,

Sombra, the guy who was going to eat Spike, the guy who has slaves run in circles for his personal amusement, the guy who's heart was black as night...do you know how bad that sounds? The enormous stench of ass pull behind this is ludicrous . When Celestia, the one who forgives Discord on a whim, tries to murder you and says your heart is black as night, you are pure evil. Think of it like this guy turning out to be good all of a sudden

You do realize that even Satin himself was good at some point, right?  Sombra wasn't born wanting to rule with an iron hoof and raising up the glorious unicorn master race (or whatever motivates him).  At some point, he made a choice or series of choices that led him down that path.  There was a time when he was a good pony and may very well have been friends with Celestia and Luna (if indeed he did have rightful claim to the throne).

Love how you act like Celestia being in love with Sombra would ruin everything, because it's not like that sounds anything like stuff we've already seen on this show.

celestia_defeats_nightmare_moon.png

Yep, never has Celestia ever been forced to set her own feelings aside for the sake of her kingdom.  Never has such an endearing and brilliant tragedy occurred.

:okiedokielokie:

@,

1. That's more from the Crystal Heart, which I don't think seems to work quite as well with Sombra. It would spread, sure, but not far enough

2. The fact that he was destroyed so easily suggests that double teaming was only a precaution, not a need. Him getting the last laugh is more a testament to his planning ability

3. Celestia and Luna aren't even scratched when they deal that final blow. With Discord, you can clearly see that he kicked their asses up and down the block twice. Against Sombra, he's just sitting on his balcony when they blindside him

People just don't go from being kind to being pure evil because of love. BTW, that is the worst reasoning I have ever heard. Seriously, it's like the writer of a fanfic

1: You really have no evidence to back up that claim, do you?  Sombra was clearly able to control a lot of ponies.  He may have been able to because of the Crystal Heart.  It was never made clear.

2: Destroyed by the Crystal Heart that is clearly more powerful than he or Celestia are.  The heart was also being powered by what looked like about 100 ponies.  No matter how powerful you are, the force of enough ponies will overpower you.

3: Stupid sh*t you made up.  In the image Celestia showed Twilight, all we saw of her and Luna were silhouettes.  Watch the show sometime.

No one becomes evil because of love?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveMakesYouEvil

Someone should have told J.R.R. Tolkien.  But what did he know?

@,

.....This sounds like an utter load. The comics are being written by a 9 year old, no questions about it

Said the person who threw a hissy-fit because he couldn't wrap his head around string theory.  So...you talk as if you know the content of the show, even though you don't remember some things correctly; you make arbitrary assumptions about writers based on faulty information; and you openly insult said writers without actually reading their work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytbDZrw1jc

• Brohoof 2

Here's a wild idea, you spaz, how about you read the comics before making judgements about them?  You didn't get a clear picture of what happened through those statements.  Here, I'll even make it easy for you.  PM me your email and I'll send you a digital copy of the comic.  That is, if you're to cheap to pay $4 for a comic book.

Really? I have very little interest in reading a comic that appears to have been written by a shipper's wet dream. Do educate me on how this is better than it sounds. Sombra x Celestia is insane

You do realize that even Satin himself was good at some point, right?  Sombra wasn't born wanting to rule with an iron hoof and raising up the glorious unicorn master race (or whatever motivates him).  At some point, he made a choice or series of choices that led him down that path.  There was a time when he was a good pony and may very well have been friends with Celestia and Luna (if indeed he did have rightful claim to the throne).

Satan doesn't get called pure evil though. God actually takes bets with him, they're kind of chummy. At least, in the Old Testament

Love how you act like Celestia being in love with Sombra would ruin everything, because it's not like that sounds anything like stuff we've already seen on this show.   Yep, never has Celestia ever been forced to set her own feelings aside for the sake of her kingdom.  Never has such an endearing and brilliant tragedy occurred.

It would be stupid because it'd be an ass pull. This comes out of nowhere with no build up whereas the thing with Luna was built up and given backstory, not just tossed at the audience. 

P.S. Nightmare Moon's story arc was utter crap even with its buildup. I preferred watching Hearts and Hooves Day than the pilot

1: You really have no evidence to back up that claim, do you?  Sombra was clearly able to control a lot of ponies.  He may have been able to because of the Crystal Heart.  It was never made clear. 2: Destroyed by the Crystal Heart that is clearly more powerful than he or Celestia are.  The heart was also being powered by what looked like about 100 ponies.  No matter how powerful you are, the force of enough ponies will overpower you. 3: Stupid sh*t you made up.  In the image Celestia showed Twilight, all we saw of her and Luna were silhouettes.  Watch the show sometime.

1. He wasn't controlling them, he was enslaving them. The Crystal Ponies quite clearly aren't happy to be working for him, he hasn't brainwashed them like Twilight and Spike

2. I was referring to Celestia and Luna destroying his corporeal form and dropping him beneath a glacier for a thousand years. That counts as getting stomped battle wise

3. I rewatched the scene, you are correct. However, Celestia's reaction to Sombra is enough knowledge for me. Against Discord, she was panicking and said that Twilight was her only hope. Against Sombra, Celestia and Luna basically view it as a test. They aren't concerned at all and send Twilight out with barely any help. It's doubtful he's of much threat to them

No one becomes evil because of love? http://tvtropes.org/...oveMakesYouEvil Someone should have told J.R.R. Tolkien.  But what did he know?

He knew nothing? He made entire races evil for the sake of making scape goats and fodder that could be killed off with no care. Not to mention the fact that Gandalf the White is in the same tier as Sauron yet doesn't help out at all. Oh yeah, and the eagles too.

Besides, the way that Pinkie Perry said it made it seem like his love for her corrupted him

Said the person who threw a hissy-fit because he couldn't wrap his head around string theory.  So...you talk as if you know the content of the show, even though you don't remember some things correctly; you make arbitrary assumptions about writers based on faulty information; and you openly insult said writers without actually reading their work.

String theory? When did I ever bring that up? And as for me insulting the writers, I feel simply dreadful, you must take my deepest apologies

Sarcasm_by_KaidohKatsuo.jpg

Not me, but I bet Evil Dragon Master will be when he sees it.

Damn right I am

And here...we...go...

Really? I have very little interest in reading a comic that appears to have been written by a shipper's wet dream. Do educate me on how this is better than it sounds. Sombra x Celestia is insane

Translation: I just want to continue to insult Katie Cook without having any relevant knowledge about the quality of her work.

Yep, you are an idiot.  Thank you for confirming it for the rest of the class.

Satan doesn't get called pure evil though. God actually takes bets with him, they're kind of chummy. At least, in the Old Testament

Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him.The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?”

Zechariah 3:1-2

For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan blocked our way.

1 Thessalonians 2:18

Some have in fact already turned away to follow Satan.

1 Timothy 5:15

I didn't want to quote the Bible, but you asked.

It would be stupid because it'd be an ass pull. This comes out of nowhere with no build up whereas the thing with Luna was built up and given backstory, not just tossed at the audience. 

In inter-dimensional mirror was already established in Equestria Girls.  The comic also properly explains how Star Swirl went about creating it.  Thus your complaint is unfounded.

You could get around this by actually reading the comic or ceasing in pretending like you know the content of something you've never read.

1. He wasn't controlling them, he was enslaving them. The Crystal Ponies quite clearly aren't happy to be working for him, he hasn't brainwashed them like Twilight and Spike

2. I was referring to Celestia and Luna destroying his corporeal form and dropping him beneath a glacier for a thousand years. That counts as getting stomped battle wise

3. I rewatched the scene, you are correct. However, Celestia's reaction to Sombra is enough knowledge for me. Against Discord, she was panicking and said that Twilight was her only hope. Against Sombra, Celestia and Luna basically view it as a test. They aren't concerned at all and send Twilight out with barely any help. It's doubtful he's of much threat to them

1: Crystal Empire part 1, 12 minutes and 11 seconds in, Twilight talks to a Crystal Pony that can't divulge any information because King Sombra is able to control her to a small degree.  Watch the show sometime.

2: That scene was created by Celestia.  It may not have been a perfect representation of the battle, much like the representation of the Nightmare Moon/Celestia fight in the pilot episode.

3: You need to rewatch that scene as well.  Celestia didn't panic until the Elements of Harmony were gone.  When she was able to take a certain level of control of the situation, she was able to approach it calmly.  Also, we didn't see Luna ask Celestia if she should take care of Discord.  That makes it quite clear that Sombra would be more than a match for Twilight.

He knew nothing? He made entire races evil for the sake of making scape goats and fodder that could be killed off with no care. Not to mention the fact that Gandalf the White is in the same tier as Sauron yet doesn't help out at all. Oh yeah, and the eagles too.

Besides, the way that Pinkie Perry said it made it seem like his love for her corrupted him

Nice.  Trying to tell people that Lord of the Rings isn't any good.  If you actually checked the link, you'd realize that Tolkien is one of many who used that trope.  The following are characters that went evil because of love:

tumblr_lxhow2u9nm1qieyogo1_1280.png

Wander_2.jpg

Harley-Quinn-by-Bruce-Timm.jpg

From top to bottom: Vlad Plasmius, Wander, and Harley Quinn.

Thousands of professional writers have successfully created interesting and compelling characters by using this trope.  Criticizing usage of it is beyond stupid.

Translation: I just want to continue to insult Katie Cook without having any relevant knowledge about the quality of her work.   Yep, you are an idiot.  Thank you for confirming it for the rest of the class.

Boohoo

Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him.The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?” Zechariah 3:1-2   For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan blocked our way. 1 Thessalonians 2:18   Some have in fact already turned away to follow Satan. 1 Timothy 5:15   I didn't want to quote the Bible, but you asked.

Doesn't get called pure evil

In inter-dimensional mirror was already established in Equestria Girls.  The comic also properly explains how Star Swirl went about creating it.  Thus your complaint is unfounded.   You could get around this by actually reading the comic or ceasing in pretending like you know the content of something you've never read.

I wasn't referring to the mirror, I was referring to Sombra being a good guy. The mirror idea is actually quite interesting. Now, if it's alternate Sombra who's the good guy, I'd be onboard with that

1: Crystal Empire part 1, 12 minutes and 11 seconds in, Twilight talks to a Crystal Pony that can't divulge any information because King Sombra is able to control her to a small degree.  Watch the show sometime. 2: That scene was created by Celestia.  It may not have been a perfect representation of the battle, much like the representation of the Nightmare Moon/Celestia fight in the pilot episode. 3: You need to rewatch that scene as well.  Celestia didn't panic until the Elements of Harmony were gone.  When she was able to take a certain level of control of the situation, she was able to approach it calmly.  Also, we didn't see Luna ask Celestia if she should take care of Discord.  That makes it quite clear that Sombra would be more than a match for Twilight.  

1. You're comparing fear with control. He was controlling them, yes, but it's not like they were loyal to him, they were just too terrified to say anything. Also, removing memories is not control

2. It's our only evidence to go by.

3. True, but with Discord, Celestia actively tried to help Twilight by sending her the letters, probably because fighting Discord head on would be insane. Against Sombra, she leaves Twilight alone

Nice.  Trying to tell people that Lord of the Rings isn't any good.  If you actually checked the link, you'd realize that Tolkien is one of many who used that trope.  The following are characters that went evil because of love

I think LOTR is heavily overrated and is just....meh. Sue me for having an opinion and disliking LOTR.

Harley Quinn was in love with a madman. Sombra being in love with Celestia and having him go evil makes no sense(if anything, Celestia would be Harley in the relationship)

Vlad was blasted in the face and crippled for 20 years, that's not really the same thing. Sure, that might have happened to Sombra, but when I think of love making someone evil, that doesn't come to mind. Forgive me if this is wrong, got it off the wiki

I could not find Wander's wiki page so I'm not going to comment on that. 

And as for many writers using this to make villains, that's true but it's never "their love corrupted them". Either the other person is unstable, the person they love dies, etc, but it's not love itself as said by the person I was talking to. 

Edited by Evil Dragon Master

I wasn't referring to the mirror, I was referring to Sombra being a good guy. The mirror idea is actually quite interesting. Now, if it's alternate Sombra who's the good guy, I'd be onboard with that

Oh, well that's even dumber.  No pony is born evil, you have to work your way up to that.  As I've already pointed out.  Sombra has no cannon backstory, so they are free to do whatever they want with it.

@@Forlong,

True, but when CELESTIA, Miss Forgiveness, tries to axe you and says your heart is black as night....yeah, you get my point. When I hear the word pure evil, I think of something that was born evil and is just evil. This guy comes to mind. It's literally impossible for him to do any good knowingly because it is against his fundamental nature

tumblr_m3i4djluOm1roew1yo1_500.gif

I also may have wanted to use that gif  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Technically, he only had power over the Crystal Empire, so right off the top, my answer is no; however, I will say this:

If he was removed from his throne by conquest–which he was–logically, he would no longer reign, so... no.

I strongly state Sombra is not the king of anywhere. Even so, a throne would suit him ill.

Oh, well that's even dumber. No pony is born evil, you have to work your way up to that. As I've already pointed out. Sombra has no cannon backstory, so they are free to do whatever they want with it.

People can be evil without a backstory:

1) A lot of villains want to become immortal because they can't handle death.

2) Some villains think they are better than everyone else because of how powerful they are(Melkor)

3) Some people just have a dream and don't care about who they are going to run through to get it (Zhao and Ozai)

4) Some are just selfish(The americans when they enslaved the Africans)

5) Some are born with a mental illness that gives them uncontrollable sadism(A lot of serial killers had normal childhoods but have messed up brains)

I can see Celestia and Luna being related to him as like a cousin or something?

But I don't know about Sombra being the rightful king.

It makes you think, though.

The title "King" isn't just given in Equestria.

Most likely not. If he was, Celestia would say that Sombra was ruling Equestria not the Empire. Also wouldn't he be controlling all 3 races of ponies not just crystal?

So I'm going with no.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

I would say no, because Sombra was an oppressive tyrant who enslaved Crystal Ponies to serve under him and kept the Crystal Empire under his control during his a thousand year reign. So, no.

I can see Celestia and Luna being related to him as like a cousin or something?

But I don't know about Sombra being the rightful king.

It makes you think, though.

The title "King" isn't just given in Equestria.

God I hope not. This whole shipping thing between Celestia and Sombra in the comics is weird enough without finding out they're related.