gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Yes we did.

And now I officially think Screw Attack must hate Final Fantasy. First Cloud lost to Link then Sephiroth lost to Vergil and now Tifa loses to Yang.

> tfw SA hates FF more than Dragonball.

I wonder what's happening to DB now tho after that outtro.

• Brohoof 1

Eh expected Yang to win when I watched the evaluations. I didn't watch any of the trailers so I wouldn't get disappointed but I expected they were going to put some kind of extra factor into Tifa that I never heard of just to even it out. I don't know Yang at all so yeah alright. I guess they weren't going to put Tifa's summons into it either.

Edited by cider float

Can't find that anywhere. Do you have a link? (PM is fine)

In case you still haven't watched it. Speaking of which...

Death Battle really needs to get straight on the concept of a no limit fallacy. This is essentially the same flawed premise as Wonder Woman vs Rogue; assuming that character's who's abilities are absorbing can still do so after being smashed with an attack far above what they've been able to take. By all right's, Tifa's so out of her strength category, Yang should've been a stain from the first punch.

• Brohoof 4

In case you still haven't watched it. Speaking of which...

Death Battle really needs to get straight on the concept of a no limit fallacy. This is essentially the same flawed premise as Wonder Woman vs Rogue; assuming that character's who's abilities are absorbing can still do so after being smashed with an attack far above what they've been able to take. By all right's, Tifa's so out of her strength category, Yang should've been a stain from the first punch.

One takes a hard punch from a mech vs the one who can lift a mech with one arm, jump in the air, and throw down into the ground. Logic?

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

Spoilers : Bullshits were made! And I FUCKING love FF, yeah sure, I love RWBY as well, but I grew up with FF, and to have Tifa, FUCKING Tifa, the mother of all bitches of FF you do NOT want to fuck with, lose to a Huntress in training, Like I said, Bullshits were made.

• Brohoof 1

There's two main ways to measure the strength of concrete. Compressive and flexural. 99% of the time compressive is what's used, because that's what concrete is best at.

When concrete is poured we take a sampling of it and put it in 6x12" cylinders. After a month of curing we put it into a machine that crushes it and records the strength to make sure it's in spec.

A typical high strength 5000psi 6x12 cylinder will begin to be crushed at ~150,000 pounds of force.

However, that's simply top down. The other method used for tilt panels and air port landing strips tests the flexing strength. A longer block will be put in horizontally and crushed with the force in the center rather than through the whole thing.

That same 5000psi concrete usually snaps at under 40,000 pounds. Still significant but much much lower.

So the calc they used implied compression, even though Yang was thrown through across the pillar instead of smashed through down the pillar. That cuts down their already horrible fancalc by a significant portion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/3pmv2n/death_battle_50_yang_xiao_long_rwby_vs_tifa/cw7ufkc

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

Spoilers : Bullshits were made! And I FUCKING love FF, yeah sure, I love RWBY as well, but I grew up with FF, and to have Tifa, FUCKING Tifa, the mother of all bitches of FF you do NOT want to fuck with, lose to a Huntress in training, Like I said, Bullshits were made.

Apparently you don't know how to use spoiler tags...

Also:

I hadn't even noticed it till lately but Gaara was actually even more horrifically downplayed than I had imagined against Toph. He could've easily just used his Sand Clone Jutsu or even just a basic substitution jutsu to avoid that move that Toph used to kill him. Not only that but the Toph they used was the one who was still young and naive. Gaara is not only above Toph in every attribute but is also much wiser and more experienced. He would've easily anticipated that she would try to use his sand armor against him and done something to prevent it.

• Brohoof 2

Apparently you don't know how to use spoiler tags...

Also:

I hadn't even noticed it till lately but Gaara was actually even more horrifically downplayed than I had imagined against Toph. He could've easily just used his Sand Clone Jutsu or even just a basic substitution jutsu to avoid that move that Toph used to kill him. Not only that but the Toph they used was the one who was still young and naive. Gaara is not only above Toph in every attribute but is also much wiser and more experienced. He would've easily anticipated that she would try to use his sand armor against him and done something to prevent it.

To be fair, I ran across that same issue last deathbattle and I was using spoiler tags.

Are you guys ever satisfied with anything?

We feel like we need to complain because Screw Attack has been stupidly biased.

To be fair, I ran across that same issue last deathbattle and I was using spoiler tags.

Oh you did? Wow what are the odds? :lol: I honestly did not mean to copy you though. I didn't realize you said this first.

• Brohoof 1

For Zell's Final Heaven he would have the added boost of around 3170400 mph. This is from calculating that he can run around the Earth in 9 to 10 seconds.

Edited by Singe

We feel like we need to complain because Screw Attack has been stupidly biased.

Oh you did? Wow what are the odds? :lol: I honestly did not mean to copy you though. I didn't realize you said this first.

No issues. Though I don't feel there was any issue of copying I believe.

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Death Battle. Prolly cause I'm a RWBY fan. 

But still, this DB is significant, in that we actually got the actual character model used in RWBY, plus Yang's VA herself in the fight. This is Death Battle using the actual character. Not a well done fan parody with a good model and a decent VA on the side. YANG herself, the same on that partook in this DB is the one we see and hear on the show. Now that is pretty cool.  

What could make this better is if this DB was somehow canonized into the show itself. 

I still think Ichigo Kurosaki VS Yusuke Urameshi should happen. Even if Yusuke is superior I'm still certain Ichigo could give him a run for his money and that it would be a good fight. Plus we both know what they have in common. Both are delinquents and are involved with the spirit world etc. And Ichigo's Vasto Lordes Hollow form could be used to counter Yusuke's Raizen form in the fight. Plus Ichigo's Final Getsuga Tenshou even devastated Aizen. If Ichigo managed to hit Yusuke with that I really don't think he would survive. It would definitely be a close fight at the very least and not a complete stomp in Yusuke's favor.

• Brohoof 1

How about General Tao VS Segat?

sig-4173236.gijfvMT.png

Seems like a no contest, Tao wins. Tao's feats includes lifting a pillar and throwing it for many miles. Stopped Bora with just one hand. Killed General Blue with just his tongue. Tao would outclass Sagat in strength.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Seems like a no contest, Tao wins. Tao's super human feats includes lifting a pillar and throwing it for many miles. Stopped Bora with just with hand. Killed General Blue with just his tongue. Tao would outclass Sagat in strength.

I agree with that.

Oh how about Little Mac VS Ippo Makunouchi?

sig-4173255.sig-4173255.kNqD2Ti.jpg

How Gaara VS Toph should've ended:

Toph: *grabs Gaara and attempts to kill him by making his Sand Armor crush him but suddenly it dissipates into sand all around Toph's feet without any blood*

Toph: Huh!?! What!?!?

Gaara from a distance: SAND COFFIN!!! *the sand then envelops Toph and suspends her in the air* SAND BURIAL!!! *the sand then crushes Toph and splatters blood everywhere*

K.O!!!

Boomstick: Oh damn! That was not pretty!

Wiz: Though Gaara may have only sand while Toph has control over every type of Earth there is at her disposal, Gaara is much wiser and far more experienced than Toph who is very immature and naive and was easily able to predict that she would try to kill him with his own Sand Armor and prevent it.

Boomstick: And even if he didn't have the Sand Clone Jutsu he also could've escaped using just a basic substitution jutsu because this is a technique that even Genin Level ninjas know in the anime. But leave it to Gaara to come up with the strategy of using his sand clone jutsu and turning it into a sand coffin to end the battle with a quick and deadly bang.

Wiz: Plus Gaara has far superior feats to Toph. His stealth rivals that of even Kakashi as was stated by Sasuke. He broke the record of completing the 2nd phase of the Chunin Exam. He leveled a entire forest with his Desert Waterfall while fighting Kimimaro, And his defense was also strong enough to protect Sunagakure from a nuclear explosion as seen when he fought Deidara. He was even able to withstand Lee's blows while the 5th life gates were open. And he was the youngest Shinobi to ever become a Kage.

Boomstick: In the end before Gaara's deadly arts as a shinobi, poor Toph was just a sitting duck.

Wiz: The winner is Gaara.

Made it myself. Hope you guys like it.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with that.

Oh how about Little Mac VS Ippo Makunouchi?

sig-4175625.sig-4173255.sig-4173255.sig-

How Gaara VS Toph should've ended:

Toph: *grabs Gaara and attempts to kill him by making his Sand Armor crush him but suddenly it dissipates into sand all around Toph's feet without any blood*

Toph: Huh!?! What!?!?

Gaara from a distance: SAND COFFIN!!! *the sand then envelops Toph and suspends her in the air* SAND BURIAL!!! *the sand then crushes Toph and splatters blood everywhere*

K.O!!!

Boomstick: Oh damn! That was not pretty!

Wiz: Though Gaara may have only sand while Toph has control over every type of Earth there is at her disposal, Gaara is much wiser and far more experienced than Toph who is very immature and naive and was easily able to predict that she would try to kill him with his own Sand Armor and prevent it.

Boomstick: And even if he didn't have the Sand Clone Jutsu he also could've escaped using just a basic substitution jutsu because this is a technique that even Genin Level ninjas know in the anime. But leave it to Gaara to come up with the strategy of using his sand clone jutsu and turning it into a sand coffin to end the battle with a quick and deadly bang.

Wiz: Plus Gaara has far superior feats to Toph. His stealth rivals that of even Kakashi as was stated by Sasuke. He broke the record of completing the 2nd phase of the Chunin Exam. He leveled a entire forest with his Desert Waterfall while fighting Kimimaro, And his defense was also strong enough to protect Sunagakure from a nuclear explosion as seen when he fought Deidara. He was even able to withstand Lee's blows while the 5th life gates were open. And he was the youngest Shinobi to ever become a Kage.

Boomstick: In the end before Gaara's deadly arts as a shinobi, poor Toph was just a sitting duck.

Wiz: The winner is Gaara.

Made it myself. Hope you guys like it.

Gaara weakens the sand cloud, Toph falls, and Gaara deals the killing blow.

KO!

Annoucer: It looked like Toph was going in for the kill, but Gaara cut her off before she could get her bending on. No surprise since Gaara is a ninja trained to have great reaction time and Toph's big show off moment didn't do her any favors. Gaara weakened the part of the sand cloud she would land on which would give out on her. Toph would have no chance to save herself with Earth Bending dealing with both a long drop and Gaara coming right after her.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

I kinda knew Tifa wasn't going to pull that last one off, since FF7 is a mess, and Tifa's entire character and story is a disaster, just to tie in with Cloud's mess of a character, so she got shafted hard in any sense of statistics.

And the next battle is going to be Mega Man and Astro Boy...

I can smell the butthurt over either winner.

• Brohoof 1

DB couldn't have Yang go up against Sakura or Tsunade from Naruto. Either would have speed blitz and KO Yang in an instant.

Edited by Singe

That reminds me, I kind of want to see Tsunade VS Boa Hancock from One Piece.

One condition would require Chakra and Haki to be treated as equal.

Edited by Singe