gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

I kinda knew Tifa wasn't going to pull that last one off, since FF7 is a mess, and Tifa's entire character and story is a disaster, just to tie in with Cloud's mess of a character, so she got shafted hard in any sense of statistics.

And the next battle is going to be Mega Man and Astro Boy...

I can smell the butthurt over either winner.

Awesomeness. I was actually going to post that as one of my next future ideas. I'm glad to see it's happening.

Also I'm betting that Megaman will probably win simply due to the fact that Screw Attack is biased against anime and most likely loves Megaman.

Both showed great feats and weapons though, and by comparing them I can only say these things:

Megaman

- Better reflexes

- Better strategist

- Smarter 

- Much better technology

Astro Boy

- Much stronger

- Much faster

- More resistant

- More destructive power

In most battles the smartest one is usually the one who wins, and in the case of robots, the ones that have better technology. Megaman will most likely win but barely.

Also I predict the next two episodes are going to be:

tijvbui.png

Dante Vs Bayonetta

GdIP6Pz.png

Unicron Vs Galactus

Yeah I'm calling it.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Awesomeness. I was actually going to post that as one of my next future ideas. I'm glad to see it's happening.

Also I'm betting that Megaman will probably win simply due to the fact that Screw Attack is biased against anime and most likely loves Megaman.

Both showed great feats and weapons though, and by comparing them I can only say these things:

Megaman

- Better reflexes

- Better strategist

- Smarter 

- Much better technology

Astro Boy

- Much stronger

- Much faster

- More resistant

- More destructive power

In most battles the smartest one is usually the one who wins, and in the case of robots, the ones that have better technology. Megaman will most likely win but barely.

Astro Boy would beat basic Megaman with no Rush support or Robot Master powers. Saying Rush, Beat, Roll, Bass, Light, and etc are considered as outside help. The Robot Master powers are just borrowed powers. Megaman could use whatever is left at his disposal.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

I kinda knew Tifa wasn't going to pull that last one off, since FF7 is a mess, and Tifa's entire character and story is a disaster, just to tie in with Cloud's mess of a character, so she got shafted hard in any sense of statistics.

A better written character doesn't mean anything. If Screw Attack cared about that Goku would've beaten Superman. And Goku truly is a better written character. He works to overcome his limits and get stronger and gain new powers/abilities. Superman on the other hand doesn't work for shit. When the writers made him they decided why not just make a guy who has no limits at all and gets his powers/abilities from a guy with toilet paper stuck to his ass. He gains news powers simply just when the writers decide to pull new things out of their asses instead of working for them like Goku does.

Astro Boy would beat basic Megaman with no Rush support or Robot Master powers. Saying Rush, Beat, Roll, Bass, Light, and etc are considered as outside help. The Robot Master powers are just borrowed powers. Megaman could use whatever is left at his disposal.

Well I know next to nothing about either of these characters but even if the result is correct that Astro Boy should win Screw Attack is so biased against anime that he will most likely lose.

A better written character doesn't mean anything. If Screw Attack cared about that Goku would've beaten Superman. And Goku truly is a better written character. He works to overcome his limits and get stronger and gain new powers/abilities. Superman on the other hand doesn't work for shit. When the writers made him they decided why not just make a guy who has no limits at all and gets his powers/abilities from a guy with toilet paper stuck to his ass. He gains news powers simply just when the writers decide to pull new things out of their asses instead of working for them like Goku does.

That's not the same thing. Tifa's entire character, feats and all, are solely to boost Cloud's entire character. Not to mention, aside from Cait Sith, she's the weakest character overall in FF7, and her entire role in Advent Children is a pathetic joke. Tifa was a bad choice for that battle, in nearly every possible way.

Apparently you don't know how to use spoiler tags...

Also:

I hadn't even noticed it till lately but Gaara was actually even more horrifically downplayed than I had imagined against Toph. He could've easily just used his Sand Clone Jutsu or even just a basic substitution jutsu to avoid that move that Toph used to kill him. Not only that but the Toph they used was the one who was still young and naive. Gaara is not only above Toph in every attribute but is also much wiser and more experienced. He would've easily anticipated that she would try to use his sand armor against him and done something to prevent it.

Iirc, Toph was even able to manipulate Gaara's gold sand. That DB presumed speed equal without mentioning it, but Gaara's gold sand was something Toph shouldn't have been able to control at all afaik. Even if you allow for Toph to be able to manipulate that kind of sand at all, she shouldn't have been able to bend Gaara's normal sand anyways since it's imbued with his own chakra.

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Death Battle. Prolly cause I'm a RWBY fan. 

But still, this DB is significant, in that we actually got the actual character model used in RWBY, plus Yang's VA herself in the fight. This is Death Battle using the actual character. Not a well done fan parody with a good model and a decent VA on the side. YANG herself, the same on that partook in this DB is the one we see and hear on the show. Now that is pretty cool.  

What could make this better is if this DB was somehow canonized into the show itself. 

If that happens, I'll lose nearly all the respect I have for Roosterteeth in all honesty.

I agree with that.

Oh how about Little Mac VS Ippo Makunouchi?

sig-4173255.sig-4173255.sig-4173255.kNqD

This is going to happen in OMM.

Megaman

- Better reflexes

- Better strategist

- Smarter 

- Much better technology

Astro Boy

- Much stronger

- Much faster

- More resistant

- More destructive power

Given DB's penchant for using composite versions of characters, Megaman should utterly annihilate Astroboy by virtue of his showings in MM Battle Network. Bug Type Megaman has universal feats under his belt.

Tifa was wearing the Minerva Band which nullifies, Fire/Cold/Gravity/Holy. So Tifa takes no damage from the Ice that hits her and Yang's Fire Element attacks.

• Brohoof 2

That's not the same thing. Tifa's entire character, feats and all, are solely to boost Cloud's entire character. Not to mention, aside from Cait Sith, she's the weakest character overall in FF7, and her entire role in Advent Children is a pathetic joke. Tifa was a bad choice for that battle, in nearly every possible way.

Tifa just never hit me as a type of character that is very powerful or pulled off some kind of clever plan in a fight. She was mostly eye candy and filled the role of the hero's main love interest.

...Are you guys serious? How much Final Fantasy stuff have you seen?

1. Tifa's Limit Breaks may not be as prominent as Ember Celica but they are still far more powerful than anything Yang can do. And her Final Heaven should've been an instant kill when it hit.

2. Yang's major trump card is her semblance, but that would immediately be matched by the Premium heart which gives Tifa a permanent boost and increases all her power which at that point Tifa is still the more levelheaded and more experienced warrior giving her the advantage on an even playing field.

• Brohoof 1

1. Tifa's Limit Breaks may not be as prominent as Ember Celica but they are still far more powerful than anything Yang can do. And her Final Heaven should've been an instant kill when it hit.

2. Yang's major trump card is her semblance, but that would immediately be matched by the Premium heart which gives Tifa a permanent boost and increases all her power which at that point Tifa is still the more levelheaded and more experienced warrior giving her the advantage on an even playing field.

I guess Tifa can also survive a supernova attack as well and the earth and the sun is magically rebuilt again.

She should be able to survive that attack from Yang.

Yang's major trump card is her semblance, but that would immediately be matched by the Premium heart which gives Tifa a permanent boost and increases all her power

Mate, she wouldn't even need those to beat Yang.

Also, I only now realize they're actually doing Megaman vs Astroboy. And DB has Rock at wall level. Apparently wall level is more impressive than universe level+ to DB.

• Brohoof 1

Tifa's limit breaks are weak, the only reason they're worth a damn is because she can use them all at once, but that's still not that great. Her weapons arn't that great either, and her feats are shit since she's just an addition for Cloud's character, and a plot device to break him from the Zackesk persona. I've played 7 four times, and seen AC twice...and remember, she got her ass handed to her on a platter in AC by some jackass Cloud owned later on. Shit, Vincent even held his own against all three for a good chunk of time. Even if you compare Tifa to the other characters in FF who are monk style hand to hand combat fighers, she's buried at the bottom of that totem pole.

Look, I like Tifa, I've used her twice in my play throughs, but she's 99% a add-on character for Cloud's entire persona and story, and the start of that trend that seems to have plagued the FF games that came after, sadly.

Megaman definitely loses to Astro Boy in a straight fight. If you take into account all of Megman's armor/equipment/paraphernalia though it's sort of a tough call to make.

Only if you consider classic megaman. Battle Network Megaman is universe level and Astro Boy doesn't have anything remotely close to that afaik.

Edited by Galen

I'm not too big of a fan of Death Battle for the same reason I'm not a big fan of most comic books and manga.

It's never the best-written character that wins, it's always the biggest mary-sue with the most BS superpower of invincibility.

That's not to say I hate all of the characters featured in death battle, I just don't like the way that these comparisons of characters from different franchises function in general, not just with death battle, but with any compairison in general. Heck, even when characters from the SAME franchise are together, I can't stand it. It's like the actually well-written characters with weaknesses and faults (such as Robbin, for example) are overshadowed by the other heroes and heroines in their own extended universe that can only be described as demi-gods (such as superman).

I can see the appeal of it, but for me, there's a reason Vegeta isn't in Pokemon, Kirby isn't in the Buu Saga, and Rainbow Dash isn't in Transformers.

• Brohoof 1

I see Advent Children referenced. As a reference point,

when Cloud fights Kadaj, Tifa tells the others that they'd all become weaker over the two-year timeskip, but that Cloud has regained that strength.

Edited by Singe

I'm not too big of a fan of Death Battle for the same reason I'm not a big fan of most comic books and manga.

It's never the best-written character that wins, it's always the biggest mary-sue with the most BS superpower of invincibility.

That's not to say I hate all of the characters featured in death battle, I just don't like the way that these comparisons of characters from different franchises function in general, not just with death battle, but with any compairison in general. Heck, even when characters from the SAME franchise are together, I can't stand it. It's like the actually well-written characters with weaknesses and faults (such as Robbin, for example) are overshadowed by the other heroes and heroines in their own extended universe that can only be described as demi-gods (such as superman).

I can see the appeal of it, but for me, there's a reason Vegeta isn't in Pokemon, Kirby isn't in the Buu Saga, and Rainbow Dash isn't in Transformers.

They do have a few fair battles. Like the Kanto Starter Tripple Fight, Sam vs Snake, Dan vs Hercule.

I could say that an amount of the DB fights involves the winner having a "trick" that completely invalidates the opponent in DB speculation argument or they're just mismatches on purpose to give the illusion of being fair match ups.

Edited by Singe

That or DB outright just doesn't know or doesn't bother making proper calculations for anything that goes beyond planet level feats. Notice how most DBs doesn't feature anyone exhibiting anything more than that. The only obvious exception to that is Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro, and that's only because DB allowed itself to go batshit crazy with what they could do since it was still more of a joke match than anything.

Edited by Galen

Well I know next to nothing about either of these characters but even if the result is correct that Astro Boy should win Screw Attack is so biased against anime that he will most likely lose.

Oh will just shut up!? Yes, there have been a few bad match-ups and you can't accept that anything is stronger than your beloved Goku. But they regularly match up characters from different things and, surprise surprise, anime doesn't actually always get the shaft. You're getting angry at Screwattack for results that aren't even known yet because you have a huge chip on your shoulder for them not letting Goku win.

You previously provided some valid reasoning and Singe provided a suggestion about it. Then you throw that all out the window that just because Screw Attack is hosting the event, meaning the winner is predecided because they've declared all things anime inferior to their western counterparts. I'm willing to bet that if Mega Man does win, it's more to do with the fact they're more familiar with him than they are with Astro Boy.

I would deeply appreciate if their was more intelligent reasons behind arguments beyond Screw Attack hates anime.

Oh will just shut up!? Yes, there have been a few bad match-ups and you can't accept that anything is stronger than your beloved Goku. But they regularly match up characters from different things and, surprise surprise, anime doesn't actually always get the shaft. You're getting angry at Screwattack for results that aren't even known yet because you have a huge chip on your shoulder for them not letting Goku win.

You previously provided some valid reasoning and Singe provided a suggestion about it. Then you throw that all out the window that just because Screw Attack is hosting the event, meaning the winner is predecided because they've declared all things anime inferior to their western counterparts. I'm willing to bet that if Mega Man does win, it's more to do with the fact they're more familiar with him than they are with Astro Boy.

I would deeply appreciate if their was more intelligent reasons behind arguments beyond Screw Attack hates anime.

I don't like your attitude..............

Also I'll have you know that I already admitted that they proved why it was correct that Superman won earlier in this thread the 2nd time around...

The real question is why did they allow Toph to beat Gaara and Kirby to beat Majin Buu? If that doesn't show you how biased Wiz and Boomstick are then nothing will.

I don't like your attitude..............

Also I'll have you know that I already admitted that they proved why it was correct that Superman won earlier in this thread the 2nd time around...

The real question is why did they allow Toph to beat Gaara and Kirby to beat Majin Buu? If that doesn't show you how biased Wiz and Boomstick are then nothing will.

Sorry.... that comment was a lot more mean spirited than it had any business being.

Still, I really hate that argument. Death Battles are an extremely subjective thing where no matter who wins, a lot of people are going to get seriously pissed off over the results. And they do try to provide some explanation for why such and such happens, even if they don't always come across as well thought out. But saying they hate anime makes it sound like they purposefully go out of their way to screw over anime fans, and I seriously doubt they are doing it because of that. And there actually are several cases where the anime character wins.

Yeah, those results may not have been their best work. But I think it has more to do with where their interests lie. It is from ScrewAttack, a website about video games, so I thinks it's less that they're prejudiced against Naruto and Dragonball Z and more that they're biased towards Avatar and Kirby. ...Wait a minute, the former doesn't really add up. ...Still, I think that's more shoddy research than anything against ninjas in everything but actions.

By the way, I don't know why, but I really dislike typing things up here. I had to type this all out on a separate webpage because the one here kept freezing up and requiring me to reload.

Apology accepted.

On another subject who do you guys think would be a good opponent for Hiei from from Yu Yu Hakusho?

My choices for possible opponents are:

1. Ulquiorra (Bleach)
2. Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
3. Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter)

Edited by Asbel Lhant