mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

This abundance of Starlights reminds me of the forums from either late 2021 or 2022 (I think) where there were at least four duck users. Sparklefan1234 was one of them, but I do not remember who the other duck users of the time were (chances are that they changed names since then anyway); I suppose Sparklefan1234 is established as the forums's fixed duck (or at least to a greater degree), whereas the other users were merely contingent ducks.

7 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

You guessed it. Cannibalism! I was listening to this podcast about a recent case in a rural area from germany. And it got me thinking about whether there are communities where it is practiced in secret. I mean, some of these places look pretty much like the introductory area from RE4. So, you know they are eating people there.

Now you got me interested, do you know the name for this podcast or link? Or did you just happen to come by it on the radio?

(edited)
45 minutes ago, TBD said:

Now you got me interested, do you know the name for this podcast or link? Or did you just happen to come by it on the radio?

"The Chilluminati Podcast - Episode 88 - Minisode Compilation 10", I think. The podcast goes into a lot of paranormal stuff, but there are some true crime stories as well. So, there may be some sensitive topics. But it is entertainment for the most part. Also, the story was a short report about these police officers who found a severed human limb bearing what was initially believed were animal bite marks. But upon further investigation, it was discovered these bite marks were actually of human origin, if I remember correctly.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

"The Chilluminati Podcast - Episode 88 - Minisode Compilation 10", I think. The podcast goes into a lot of paranormal stuff, but there are some true crime stories as well. So, there may be some sensitive topics. But it is entertainment for the most part. Also, the story was a short report about these police officers who found a severed human limb bearing what was initially believed were animal bite marks. But upon further investigation, it was discovered these bite marks were of human origin, if I remember correctly.

Ohhh thanks for sharing that, I going to take a look into that. 
(my current thinking btw):ButtercupLaugh:

7 hours ago, StarlightNyars said:

Update: it seems like we are done with all the little meetings, they brought us Greek food for lunch, it’s super tasty! 

What was the food looking like in :ticking:detail?  

7 hours ago, StarlightNyars said:

Update: it seems like we are done with all the little meetings, they brought us Greek food for lunch, it’s super tasty! 

18 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

A fresh salad, tortilla like thing with hummus and other specials dips, chicken and beef kababs, yellow rice, it was really good!

(edited)
4 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Aren't those called gyros?  

no the gyro is the sandwich/taco like thing, these were all separate- oh wait it was pita bread! How could I forget that lol

Edited by StarlightNyars

5 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

You ever played video games you couldn't save progress on?  

I think so, I can't remember at the moment. Do you have any that come to mind?

(edited)

After all these years, I do not think I have ever properly grasped the term "forums". I assume it means a designated location where discussions take place. But why, for instance, is it MLPForums rather than MLPForum? What is one single forum as opposed to the plural forums? Is a section or sub-section of this site (i.e. topics within a specific scope) a single forum, and forums refer to the aggregate of these (i.e. topics in a general domain)?

This comes to mind whenever in a discussion I need to mention "this forum", "these forums", "that forum" or "those forums".

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

I think so, I can't remember at the moment. Do you have any that come to mind?

Star Wars:  The Old Republic has these missions called Flashpoints.  If you leave the game unintended for a while or log out of the server for a certain period of time, perhaps several minutes, you have to start the Flashpoint all over:angry: from the very:Cozy: beginning:stressed:  Going to the bathroom is surely a problem:dry:  

3 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Star Wars:  The Old Republic has these missions called Flashpoints.  If you leave the game unintended for a while or log out of the server for a certain period of time, perhaps several minutes, you have to start the Flashpoint all over:angry: from the very:Cozy: beginning:stressed:  Going to the bathroom is surely a problem:dry:  

Jeez that sounds annoying as heck. That's why I don't like some online only games anymore. I'll play some FPS' or third person games, but yeah I try to stay away from online only games like that. I think the only Star Wars game that I've played was Battlefront 2 lol

8 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

After all these years, I do not think I have ever properly grasped the term "forums". I assume it means a designated location where discussions take place. But why, for instance, is it MLPForums rather than MLPForum? What is one single forum as opposed to the plural forums? Is a section or sub-section of this site (i.e. topics within a specific scope) a single forum, and forums refer to the aggregate of these (i.e. topics in a general domain)?

This comes to mind whenever in a discussion I need to mention "this forum", "these forums", "that forum" or "those forums".

I recall learning years ago that a forum is usually a public meeting place that involves discussion, so saying "forums" makes sense because there are different "threads" or places where we can discuss about different topics on this particular forum for MLP.

5 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

Jeez that sounds annoying as heck. That's why I don't like some online only games anymore. I'll play some FPS' or third person games, but yeah I try to stay away from online only games like that. I think the only Star Wars game that I've played was Battlefront 2 lol

You heard of the Eternal Empire?  What do you think the bad guy looks like in the Knights of the Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne expansions?  

• Brohoof 1

You heard of the Eternal Empire?  What do you think the bad guy looks like in the Knights of the Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne expansions?  

Sorry, no I have not buddy.

11 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

There's really something about them that's worth a read:o  

Oh cool! I just might when I have the chance.

You wanna know about the planet Ossus?  

Sure, tell me about it! You want to talk about it in messages?

41 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Gotta think about bedtime soon:sunny:  

Ah okay- maybe next time buddy!