mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

1 minute ago, Count Gribouillis said:

When I meen emotionally complicated challenges like doing things I'm supposed to do but can't I'm imagining a roleplay game for myself, like I'm a robot or an alien from another world who should hack, study and imitate human interactions with application of pure intellect.

When the world goes to the shit and comes a wish to give up I do the same, I imagine that I just bought a video game, cool and challenging and loaded in fist level, and everything happened before is just setup of the plot, everything happened before didn't happen with me but just a background story of my character. Yes, it can be dramatic but who wants to play a character with 100% happy origin? The best part of the plot is ahead and I'm going to squeeze the max achievements and see the great final of awesome story I'm only going to write.

Cheers, buddy. Life is a game, don't forget to have a fun ^•^

That's the thing, most people think my life is fucking awesome! Sometimes very painfull but I play in hard mode. It's not a bad advice. Thanks Buddy. 

• smile 1
  • Hugs 4

On 2024-08-05 at 11:59 AM, Starlight Serenade said:

There is a lot of work that needs to be done this week.

I am thinking that I hope you've had a productive week and completed most of those tasks. If you did, well done! <3 Relish in that beautiful feeling.

If you did not, that's ok! There's always a chance to try again. :coco:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2

1 hour ago, Ice Princess Silky said:

I am thinking that I hope you've had a productive week and completed most of those tasks. If you did, well done! <3 Relish in that beautiful feeling.

If you did not, that's ok! There's always a chance to try again. :coco:

Thank you! I ended up completing most of those tasks. There are a few things that are going to take longer than I expected, but I'm going to keep trying.

• Hugs 3

(edited)

"Why can't love ever touch my heart like fear does?"

Spoiler

These are lyrics from "Bluer Than Midnight" by The The, the song is just on my mind this evening.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 2

Thinking I should probably go and try to get some sleep, considering how long of a night it was at work tonight and I have stuff to do in the afternoon.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

Today I was thinking about my future and came up with an interesting idea. I always wanted to become a hermit and live alone in the forest and I will definitely do it. I wanted to live without electronics and electricity but I changed my mind, I want to bring the Internet to the forest. I want to live in a hut in the forest and create AI and robots. I will be a techno hermit. Also continue studying astronomy and physics. I would like to learn more about quantum and nuclear physics. Also learn more about other sciences. I am sure that I will definitely achieve this. I always achieve my goals. If someone tries to stop me, I will sweep them out of my way. ("When somepony tries to block, show them that you rock!" Iron Will). 

When I die (if scientists do not learn to prolong life) I want my body to either remain in the forest or, better yet, be frozen (this is called cryonics). I would like to be able to revive me in the future.

• Hugs 3

The two diametrically opposed poles of fictional detective archetypes tend towards being smart and skilled (Sherlock Holmes; J.J. "Jake" Gittes; Rick Deckard) or dumb and lucky (Inspector Gadget). 

The first is more impressive, but the second is funnier and light-hearted. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Spoiler

I will forever be stuck with this debt and have nothing equal to compensate that with.

Edited by DubWolf
  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 4

With college campuses getting busy again this time of the year I always wonder how different the freshman experience is for new students coming in vs when I started. An entire college class that's never known college pre-COVID or without ChatGPT seems wild because both of those radically changed so many different aspects of college.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Management interviews have been pushed back to next month, which is really frustrating, especially since these interviews have 4-7 rounds—it’s ridiculous. It’s ironic how companies demand so much from you, yet basic courtesy seems to be overlooked.

I noticed the post office is hiring again, and since things are taking longer than expected, even with my experience and education, I went ahead and applied. I’ve worked for them before years ago, but in a processing center. This time, I’d practically be Muffins delivering mail. The pay and benefits are generally good, and the raises are impressive—it increases significantly in a short time. Our local mail carrier mentioned several people made on average 80K - 110K with overtime, which is wild to me.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 1
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 3

On 2024-08-17 at 11:49 AM, Lawyer Slip said:

I got a job. And my driver's permit. Nice.

Oh my gosh!! Congrats!! So many life changes and new chapters opening up to you!

• smile 1

That I wish I lived around people  aggressively traditional as me.

People that respect my culture, lifestyle & faith.

It isn't a perspective or opinion, it's animalistic, it's instinctive, it's natural, it's involuntary.

I just want to Run Free, I want to be free to have my vanilla ice cream and eat it to.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Ice Princess Silky said:

Oh my gosh!! Congrats!! So many life changes and new chapters opening up to you!

Thanks Silky! That means a lot!

• Hugs 1

I want to live in a bright future, for example, in the city of the Venus project by Jacques Fresco. I want to live in a world where there is no money, wars, government and politics. Many people think that this is a utopia, perhaps it is. Even if people can create a utopia, I probably won't live to see it. I hope cryonics will help me, but I'm not sure. I hope that humanity will establish anarcho-communism or any other type of anarchism on earth, the main thing is that life becomes much better than it is now. One person on this forum gave me hope that humanity will become better (that is, he increased the probability for me that humanity will become better. I just don't quite understand what hope is. I may not understand some of the abstract concepts people use) if people don't exterminate each other. 

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

8 hours ago, ComanderZhabikKlavik said:

I want to live in a bright future, for example, in the city of the Venus project by Jacques Fresco. I want to live in a world where there is no money, wars, government and politics. Many people think that this is a utopia, perhaps it is. Even if people can create a utopia, I probably won't live to see it. I hope cryonics will help me, but I'm not sure. I hope that humanity will establish anarcho-communism or any other type of anarchism on earth, the main thing is that life becomes much better than it is now. One person on this forum gave me hope that humanity will become better (that is, he increased the probability for me that humanity will become better. I just don't quite understand what hope is. I may not understand some of the abstract concepts people use) if people don't exterminate each other. 

Man, you just discovered Solar Punk genre ^•^

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1