mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

47 minutes ago, Saphire Systrine said:

Ooo, interesting thought. Technically they would get them, but what would they be? There were lots of theories about what their cutie marks would be before they officially got them, usually relating to their talent:
Sweetie Belle - Singing/Music Composition
Scootaloo - Stunt/Dance Performance
Apple Bloom - Set/Costume Design/DIY construction
These were hinted as their talents back in Season 1 Episode 18, "The Show Stoppers", but each of them chose to do what wasn't their obvious talent (Scoot: singing. AB: dance/performance. SB: set/costume design)

I think those are all great suggestions.

I meant in the sense that the people watching wouldn't get to see the CMC's earn their cutie marks since that episode didn't exist in any of those three seasons. 

• Brohoof 1

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Ice Princess Silky <3 said:

Reciprocation >:3 

Silky want this? :ticking:

No photo description available.

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

9 hours ago, Saphire Systrine said:

I unironically use this to make some videos 3-4 times speed: Video Speed Controller (Firefox)  Video Speed Controller (Chrome)

That alleviates it to an extent. But I remember how videos from, say, 15 years ago were far more direct and concise compared to now. Perhaps a consequence of Youtube changing monetization from being based on view count to watch time.

Also, somehow, in your post, your quoting of my complaint about highly padded Youtube videos was change to someone else's post about the Lord.

• Brohoof 1

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

26 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

That alleviates it to an extent. But I remember how videos from, say, 15 years ago were far more direct and concise compared to now. Perhaps a consequence of Youtube changing monetization from being based on view count to watch time.

Also, somehow, in your post, your quoting of my complaint about highly padded Youtube videos was change to someone else's post about the Lord.

Whoospiedaisy! You're right, I quoted the wrong person. It is what it is happyflutters.gif.d362803705c8fc87fc7f045806b4c3da.gif

As for what you said, I believe you're absolutely correct You have to play the system to earn a living, and that leads to standard formats of content that reliably play the system. Sadly, this is most likely the reason why you dont see much pony fan content anymore. Its there, it really is, and in fact I remember trying to keep track of it once and it being overwhelming how much was posted in the span of two weeks, but that was from directly following people rather than the algorithm recommending it.

As for another thonkie thonk, I'm thinkin my brain is fuzzy and I dont know why I was unable to sleep, but I probably should get a little rest :D

Banner_00000.png.ab679686e41c7557f8a09b474a8b2cd2.png

4 minutes ago, Saphire Systrine said:

As for what you said, I believe you're absolutely correct You have to play the system to earn a living, and that leads to standard formats of content that reliably play the system. Sadly, this is most likely the reason why you dont see much pony fan content anymore. Its there, it really is, and in fact I remember trying to keep track of it once and it being overwhelming how much was posted in the span of two weeks, but that was from directly following people rather than the algorithm recommending it.

I would not say that that affected MLP-content to such a great degree -- I vaguely remember the monetization change occurred sometime between 2011 to 2013, which would have been early in the fandom's history. But this change in monetization did a great deal to undermine independent animators more generally.

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

:love: <- This emoji is named "love", but it looks like screaming. I don't remember anyone ever using it for any of those purposes.

Also, I just found out that putting "-" next to "<" actually merges them together to form a little arrow -> :pinkie: <-

• Brohoof 1

Ponponbanner.png.ce34298404fa4e762f83147e65598d79.png