Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The definition of GURONIES

CosmicHooves

Ah yes.
Guronies (if I'm spelling it right) are MLP fans that favor the darker and bloodier side of the MLP fandom.
A couple of examples of Guronies would be Mister Davy and Sergant Sprinkles.

Mister Davy is the creator of a number of MLP horror animations that seemed cute at first, but ended up being a gore-fest in the end or just plain messed up.

Sergant Sprinkles is the author of one of the most the goriest, horrifying, and bloodiest fanficsof all time; Cupcakes. This fanfic shocked millions of people. It is banned from actually being reposed on some forums. I got yelled at on an MC forum (back when I was into minecraft) by a moderator for posting the story.

Am I a Gurony. Well... kinda. I love the show and I learn allot from it, but whenever I create a fanfic once in while it will almost always lean towards violence, blood, darkness, and saddness.
Why?
Because I LOVE shocking people. It's so much fun!
Am I the only one who feels this way though?

(the pics below are from the YouTube video "Cupcakes HD")

Edited by Moony
  • Brohoof 1

YOU KNOW NOTHING OF THE HORRORS I HAVE WITNESSED AND MEHED AT

I don't particularly care. For me most grimdark in this fandom isn't well thought out and trying too hard. Can incredibly macabre stuff be good? Of course it can. But it needs to have a good writer/artist/musician whatever behind it.

I don't care. Grimdark and dark material in the fandom isn't the most popular part, but it needs a good person who is talented at what they do so they can pull it off.

I don't care. Grimdark and dark material in the fandom isn't the most popular part, but it needs a good person who is talented at what they do so they can pull it off.

Well I'm mentioning this partially because I'm going to be working on a fanfic that's a bit dark.

Oh god man, the name "brony" was dumb enough, no need to create a specific label.

The fastest way I've described this is that I once made a Garry's Mod video in which Fluttershy's head was blown off with a shotgun. The context of the joke, and of course the unexpected nature of it, was just too hilarious for me to pass up.

I was a gurony before I ever watched the show. Not only is Cupcakes HD a big reason I was willing to try watching the show, I actually read the fic months before my first episode. I still like dark stuff, though I prefer psychological dark to random violence (.MOV was mildly entertaining, but plain stupid). Well written grimdark and well drawn dark (gore or no gore) always has appeal (well, sometimes it's peeled, off that is). Somehow, call me crazy for this, a cartoon pony being disemboweled is more disturbing then a decap vid.

Well I'm mentioning this partially because I'm going to be working on a fanfic that's a bit dark.

If you have faith and motivation to pull it off, you can do it.

Oh god man, the name "brony" was dumb enough, no need to create a specific label.

The fastest way I've described this is that I once made a Garry's Mod video in which Fluttershy's head was blown off with a shotgun. The context of the joke, and of course the unexpected nature of it, was just too hilarious for me to pass up.

Noo! Not Fluttershy! Lol. I would have liked to seen that.

I like some of the grimdark stuff (ex. Rainbow Factory) but I don't normally read to much of it. Most of it is just to grim or poorly written for my taste. Although I do sometimes use dark elements in my fan fiction (blood, death,etc.) I don't go overboard with it like some other writers do.

Well it's probably gonna be a while cause it's gonna be long. I actually almost got banned from a gaming forums site for posting one story I was working on.

I was planning to Ponify a short story I wrote years ago called " Come Back to Me." but lost the damn thing If I ever find it I need to post it., its Grimdark but in a Mind thriller way not blood splattering gore.

That said Cupcakes I've said it once and I'll say it again I don't see what people thought was so bad about it., no worse than watching twenty minutes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or ten minutes of hostile.

You see one disembowelment you've seen them all.

Anyhoo Grimdark is fun if done correctly., everypony likes to dip into the dark sometimes.

I was planning to Ponify a short story I wrote years ago called " Come Back to Me." but lost the damn thing If I ever find it I need to post it., its Grimdark but in a Mind thriller way not blood splattering gore.

That said Cupcakes I've said it once and I'll say it again I don't see what people thought was so bad about it., no worse than watching twenty minutes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or ten minutes of hostile.

You see one disembowelment you've seen them all.

Anyhoo Grimdark is fun if done correctly., everypony likes to dip into the dark sometimes.

I honestly wish there was a horror option for the fanfics section.

Looks like I'll either have to pick "Sad" or "Drama".

Please...

Don't coin yourselves.....

Its going to end up being worse than how "pegasister" turned out...

If you like the grimdark side of the fandom, that's fine, I don't care. 

But If you want to be a "brony", Your going to have to accept the fact that it's magical pony land.

deal_with_it____rarity_style_by_j_brony-

• Brohoof 1

Just label it drama sugar unless your fic involves cruel killing etc then place it sad.

And Chosen I do accept the magical side of MLP., heck I even have one of three parts of a epic adventure written on fan fiction lol.

That and look to the sky everyday and see the Rainbow in the sky., I dare not taste it though only if I wish for this...

post-24626-0-57959600-1395980547_thumb.jpg

Ah yes.

Guronies (if I'm spelling it right) are MLP fans that favor the darker and bloodier side of the MLP fandom.

A couple of examples of Guronies would be Mister Davy and Sergant Sprinkles.

Mister Davy is the creator of a number of MLP horror animations that seemed cute at first, but ended up being a gore-fest in the end or just plain messed up.

Sergant Sprinkles is the author of one of the most the goriest, horrifying, and bloodiest fanficsof all time; Cupcakes. This fanfic shocked millions of people. It is banned from actually being reposed on some forums. I got yelled at on an MC forum (back when I was into minecraft) by a moderator for posting the story.

Am I a Gurony. Well... kinda. I love the show and I learn allot from it, but whenever I create a fanfic once in while it will almost always lean towards violence, blood, darkness, and saddness.

Why?

Because I LOVE shocking people. It's so much fun!

Am I the only one who feels this way though?

(the pics below are from the YouTube video "Cupcakes HD")

I absolutely agree. I joke around a lot about liking things like that, but when it's just completely over the top, I must say, I am impressed. It takes quite a bit to shock me in that way.

i dont get why so many people are shocked at cupcakes, like theres far far FAR worse out there, its simply a quick entertaining story that is way overblown

Edited by Skullbuster

I am a Gurony, for sure.

I have always loved blood, gore, violence, and psychotic acts.

I adore the grim fan fictions and I just love murdering scenes...

Did I mention my OC is a psychopath and kills?post-14906-0-87231300-1395982002_thumb.jpg

Well it's probably gonna be a while cause it's gonna be long. I actually almost got banned from a gaming forums site for posting one story I was working on.

You could say that its better to choose where to promote your story or at least sharing it.

Ummmm.... no offense but I think the name "Gurony" just sounds weird and bizarre. At the least the term "brony" has a nice ring to it. Hearing Gurony just makes me think of macaroni since they sound so similar.

In terms of the dark and mature content that this fandom produces I'm honestly fine with it. I'm not a fan of that stuff myself, but I respect others who find enjoyment out it. To each their own I always like to say :).  

While I don't mind the occasional darkness and blood and guts (although most of the gorefics kind of bore me) the term "guronies" seriously grosses me out because of the rather disturbing sexual implications of the word "guro" which is the R34 equivalent of snuff films. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of strange fetishes and have pretty much admitted to being a clopper a million times over on here but I want absolutely nothing to do with Guro even if it is just part of a title. Yes I know the intent of the word isn't sexual but if there absolutely, positively has to be a term for bronies who enjoy gorefics/grimdark than I think we can do a tad better than "guronies".

I think alot of bronies in general like dark stuff. I mean for people that love such a cute and loving show we sure do like scary stuff.

I created a thread some time ago about bronies who like creepy pastas and a majority polled to liking them. I myself love creepy pastas.

You just have to go to the comment section of creepy pasta videos that have nothing to do with MLP to see the comments flooded with brony avatars or users with something MLP related in the title.

Popular creepy pasta Youtubers are MrCreepyPasta. CreepsMcPasta and CreepPastaJr

I think alot of bronies in general like dark stuff. I mean for people that love such a cute and loving show we sure do like scary stuff.

I created a thread some time ago about bronies who like creepy pastas and a majority polled to liking them. I myself love creepy pastas.

You just have to go to the comment section of creepy pasta videos that have nothing to do with MLP to see the comments flooded with brony avatars or users with something MLP related in the title.

Popular creepy pasta Youtubers are MrCreepyPasta. CreepsMcPasta and CreepPastaJr

I listen to MrCreepyPasta the most.