visual art F-35 Vector [UPDATED]

RomansIII

That's Awesome, I love vector art, I have two questions, what program are you using and are you drawing vectoring this from scratch?

I have a little tip, because its a vector in a raw vector format you can resize it to any resolution, use that to your advantage and make it like 5000x5000...if you want to...

also, it has a white background, unless you are going to make a background by the final product, I suggest you make the file a PNG and make that white background alpha or transparent.

oh yeah, +watch on your devaintart.

Edited by flaretta
  • Brohoof 1

That's Awesome, I love vector art, I have two questions, what program are you using and are you drawing vectoring this from scratch?

I have a little tip, because its a vector in a raw vector format you can resize it to any resolution, use that to your advantage and make it like 5000x5000...if you want to...

also, it has a white background, unless you are going to make a background by the final product, I suggest you make the file a PNG and make that white background alpha or transparent.

oh yeah, +watch on your devaintart.

I'm using Adobe Illustrator (If you look in my Gallery you should see both Vectors, and Vector Drawings), I am not Vectoring from scratch. I have never drawn (By hand/computerised) or vectored without using at least a single Reference Picture.

I am perfectly aware that I can resize to any dimensions I wish. But I always have a habit of doing all my digital works as 800 x 800 px base. That being said I'm drawing it as 800 x 800 but I have the export resolution set at 500 ppi so it resizes it to over 5000 x 5000 px and I always save as a PNG graphic so further resizing can happen smoothly.

The white background shall only be present in my WIP shots. My finished product will be transparent background.

And thanks for the watch.

Perfect, seriously I wish I knew how to vector half as good as that.

Thanks. I've only very recently figured out how to well :)

Like only 4 days ago. With the right practise on the right program you can make awesome vector art, just give it a try.

Its pretty good. What is Vector?

A vector is a image which is saved as a mathematical equation not a raster (Most popular forms of images. cameras save images as rasters). The advantages of a Vector is infinite resizing without pixelation.

I always save as a PNG graphic so further resizing can happen smoothly.

not really, a png file is still a bitmap or raster image, resizing it will still output the same issues as with resizing almost any other format (jpg, bmp, gif etc etc) maybe you should try svg instead, as it is still technically a vector in that it can be resized. also SVG's can be viewed in all modern browsers.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Bitmap_VS_SVG.svg

try crtl scrolling in and out, it shouldn't get blurry or pixelated.

There is a great range from Vector Works, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop (It is possible to vector in it), and Inkscape are the only ones I know.

it is possible to vector in photoshop, however you can ONLY export as a raster format, and isn't designed for vectors, not to say its bad for vectoring, its just not designed for it. Edited by flaretta

not really, a png file is still a bitmap or raster image, resizing it will still output the same issues as with resizing almost any other format (jpg, bmp, gif etc etc) maybe you should try svg instead, as it is still technically a vector in that it can be resized. also SVG's can be viewed in all modern browsers.

For my line of work PNG is a more practical option, plus it's a hell allot more better quality than jpeg, gif and Bitmap, and resizes well (from my experience)

For my line of work PNG is a more practical option, plus it's a hell allot more better quality than jpeg, gif and Bitmap, and resizes well (from my experience)

Yeah, PNG is ALMOST lossless, the rest of the main bitmap formats aren't so that could explain it.

I think I derailed this thread, sorry :(

Yeah, PNG is ALMOST lossless, the rest of the main bitmap formats aren't so that could explain it.

I think I derailed this thread, sorry :(

Yes it is, at 500 dpi it certainly doesn't looks quality when it goes to print.

It's okay that you derailed the thread.

Also Jpegs are to mainstream ha ha ha