Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it worth going to BronyCon just for one day?

Rarity Paige Belle

I suppose that truly depends on what panels and events you would be interested in attending, as there was quite a variety of panels within one day.  (I actually pulled out the BronyCon book from last year just to see what did occur on Saturday).  Then there is Artist's Alley, which I could honestly spend all day in.  But I digress, the best question that I would have to ask is 'what are you hoping to see or what kind of panels would you be most interesting in going to?'  

Personally though, I would say that if one day is all you have, I think it is worth going if only to experience the con first hand.  It was an absolute pleasure for me last year and I am eagerly awaiting for this one coming up.

• Brohoof 1

I suppose that truly depends on what panels and events you would be interested in attending, as there was quite a variety of panels within one day.  (I actually pulled out the BronyCon book from last year just to see what did occur on Saturday).  Then there is Artist's Alley, which I could honestly spend all day in.  But I digress, the best question that I would have to ask is 'what are you hoping to see or what kind of panels would you be most interesting in going to?'  

Personally though, I would say that if one day is all you have, I think it is worth going if only to experience the con first hand.  It was an absolute pleasure for me last year and I am eagerly awaiting for this one coming up.

I wish I could stay for the three days, but as I live in the UK, ive only got two weeks in the States, and I'll be visiting New York and Chicago in that time too!

I'd say undergo mitosis and just visit them all at once, but I don't think that's an option.

Anyhoo, I would have to say go for it if you really do live in the UK. I imagine you don't get a lot of opportunities to visit 'Murrkuh, so you might as well soak up as much atmosphere as possible, especially if bronycon's happening during your visit.

tl;dr: Do it, filly.

Princess Sunbutt said, "I wish I could stay for the three days, but as I live in the UK, ive only got two weeks in the States, and I'll be visiting New York and Chicago in that time too!"

That's quite an extensive trip. You could spend two weeks in either one of those cities, get to experience its highlights, and find some time to relax. Hopefully things will work well for you.

I don't imagine it would be worth it.  Then again, I've never been to a convention, so I have no clue.

Take some time to read articles and find other media about fan conventions. When doing your research on the topic, look for sources that aren't some jaded fan ranting about trivial matters. One good resource is fancons.com.

Dunno what the projected attendance for this year will be but it's somewhere like 6,000, no? That's a good medium sized con, which means there should be sufficient amounts of paneling and events scheduled to keep anyone busy for a full day. So no, you will not be seeing everything, the con is too large to make that possible. However you'll be fresh (a con on the second and third days gets painful) and you're there on what is theoretically the most action packed day, so if you do your research before hand with scheduling you can see all you want to see. Keep in mind times to break, and times to hang around and socialize. Half the fun of cons is the friends you make there.

Bronycon is projected to have an attendance of 10,000+ this year. Last year the convention saw an attendance of 8,400.

The Events department had already received over 250 panel submissions by mid February and did not close to new submissions until the end of March. They have to trim that list down to fewer than 100 panels, but you can bet each and every one they approve will be worth attending.

I Think if you are in the area, and have the time, you should seriously consider attending.

There is no way to physically attend/see everything even through the course of the entire weekend. There will be a great deal of things happening at the same time so the best you can do is try to find events you might be interested in and then see how things go from there.

I recommend at least visiting the dealers room, seeing at least one panel with the guests of honor, and stop by one of the dances/raves for a few minutes.

You may find you had enough fun you want to attend the whole con next year!