Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this fic worth writing?

MagicalStarSwirl

I am planning on making an Adventure story in which 5 male ponies traverse the Frozen North.

The Five Ponies are:

Starswirl (Unicorn): Descendant of Starswirl the bearded and obviously named after him. He is an introvert and a book worm with an inferiority complex due to himself being named after Starswirl. He unconsciously put himself to the task to following the footsteps of the original Starswirl and devoted his life to magic.

Beat Ballad (Unicorn): An expert Musician and composer. He is well known throughout Equestria for his upbeat and happy orchestrations. He has a unique magical ability in which he can manipulate the air to create sound waves that can mimic any type of sound. Decided to go to the Frozen North to view the Aurora Borealis.

Star Hunter (Pegasus): A lover of the stars and astronomy. He decided to leave to the Frozen north to see the different stars and constellation visible in the North Pole.

Cheese Sandwich (Earth Pony): The same Cheese from Pinkie Pride. His Cheesy sense tells him that the next party that he must throw is in Marebanks (pun on Fairbanks Alaska) a Frozen Pony City in the North Western Part of the Frozen North.

Steamer (Earth Pony): Conductor of the Friendship express. There is a route that the Express takes once every 6 months to the city of Marebanks. It is a dangerous trek, and Steamer was put in charge of the route for the first time.

Synopsis of the story: The Friendship Express gets derailed due to a raging Blizzard. Luckily the Ponies in the train were able to escape. Starswirl makes a magical barrier to shield the group from the storm. Star Hunter spots a mountain and a cave with his telescope, and the group travels towards the mountain to seek shelter from the storm. The story goes from there while the 5 ponies encounter various dangers and wonders in the Frozen North.

Would this fic be worth making? I am not really that knowledgeable about other's fanfics, so is there anyone else who made something like this already?

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't matter what your fanfiction is about.

You can write about anything that comes to mind. You don't need approval :P

• Brohoof 3

I haven't really read many fics, but the way I think about it, if you wanna write it and you think you would enjoy it then write it. Most likely if you write it well people will enjoy it and even if no one reads it then at least you did something you enjoyed. :) And if you write it I promise I'll read it as long as you give me the link.

I think that all fics are worth being written. Even really bad fics (not necessarily your case) and even ideas that have been explored before can entertain people. And it's a way of training so that next fics will be better, technically.

So write it man. And put it out there for people to see, even if you think it came out really bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely worth writing

And you don't need the approval of others, the people who don't like it won't like it and they don't need to read it and the people who do like it can read it so ya that's just my opinion B)

Every idea can be good as long as its well written. 

And you don't need our approval. If you want to write, then do it. Even if you won'tt publish it later, even if in the end you won't be pleased by this, because it won't be as good as you wanted it to be - it's worth trying, especially if it makes you happy. Good luck :)

You know what I just did? I just wrote an entire fanfic that just poped into my head without making one of these to ask people's opinions then if someone has a suggestion I just edit the fanfic.

So there's some inspiration for you.

You know what I just did? I just wrote an entire fanfic that just poped into my head without making one of these to ask people's opinions then if someone has a suggestion I just edit the fanfic.

So there's some inspiration for you.

Ha! I don't got the self esteem to go throught with that! XD

I always kinda like to just check and see if its worth writing before writing it and getting other's opinions are always a plus (And I don't have any brony friends to ask)

Seems like an idea. Go for it and lets see!

Sounds pretty awesome actually go ahead :)

Thanks you two for the moral encouragement. I decided to store this idea for later and work on another project to gain more experience in MLP fanfiction writing before tackling this project. It may be a few months before I get it started.