Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You aren't a bad person for your beliefs!

CosmicHooves

I don't care about the religion of others, unless they piss me off with it. Like this one person did by whining about how sex is mandatory for marriage in his religion. I kept trying to tell him not to let others control his body but he wouldn't listen. He's the one who believes he'd have to have sex if he were to get married.

As someone who A: has alot of highly unpopular beliefs (I'm a traditionalist and a reactionary), B: is vocal and passionate about them, I'm perfectly used to people thinking I'm a bad person or a troll. But what I care about is the truth. Even if the truth turns out to be something really disappointing or bad or shocking or disgusting. Maybe the truth will let people down. I am not afraid to bear bad news to other people because it's important people know the truth.

What I also care about is goodness. Accepting that things might be seriously bad and trying to improve them. And if you have this type of attitude, wanting people to know what's true and wanting to help the world be as good as it can be, then that means your motivation is love.

People who are "liberal" or "progressive" often think that traditionalists are motivated by "hate" or "fear", so they call them "bigots". This attitude is totally mistaken. What I try to do is A: figure out how reality is, to the best of my abilities, and then B: use knowledge about reality as a means of determining how much I can do to benefit others and to contribute to society.

That said, I believe humans are different with their own unique attributes, not "equal". And that's okay. It doesn't make them bad.

I also don't believe in universal tolerance/universal acceptance. I believe in accepting goodness and working to transform bad into good.

Edited by NomDeSpite

I believe in using your belief as tool rather than being a tool of your belief.

Becaues chaos magick! :yay:

(not a practicing chaos magician)

Other than that, I'm a determinist that doesn't believe in free-will... >_>

:yay:  Chaos magick!

[We set ourselves up against ppl of differing belifs due to a kind of tribalism instinct...]

Edited by KelGrym