Classes:

Check the thread.

Possible special characters:

Doctor Whooves,

Solrac,

Maybe Feld0,

Not sure bout others.

Basic story outline:

An account of Celestia's rise to power, battle with discord, and the circumstances leading up to Luna's banishment to the moon.

More in-depth story outline:

"Just after Commander Hurricane, Princess Platinum, and Chancellor Puddinghead christened the new land of Equestria, they started work on a capital, high on a mountaintop, to oversee the goings-on of their new land. They ruled for a time as a triumvirate, 50 years in fact, until the first Great Dragon Migration.

The Ponies, in colonizing the area, had most of their farms built on the large plain where Ponyville is now located, which is also, unfortunately, right in the Dragons' ancient migratory path.

There was no harvest that year.

Dragons flew overhead, burning everything in sight, the sky itself seemed to radiate with the heat of Dragon's flame.

The winter of that year was both the worst in recorded history, and the beginning of the greatest, most peaceful reign Equestria has ever seen.

The triumvirate, having grown lazy and corrupt, began to fall back into their old patterns of blaming and insulting the others.

It wasn't long before the Windigoes reappeared, summoned by the ponies' hatred.

Without their most loyal advisors, who had each left to make their own paths long before, their hatred consumed them.

They were frozen solid.

Without proper leadership, the government fell into chaos.

All hope seemed lost, until twin sisters, Unicorns with the wings of Pegasi, rose up to defend and rebuild their home.

This is their story."

Sorry it's not that well written, but I hope it gets the point across.

Edited by Critical Hit

facehoof? what is a facehoof? anyways, i'd like to help you when you get into the actual game.

I can do the textures.

[edit]

you are aware of how much that would hurt, right? (A facehoof.)

Edited by BassAnly_X

I heard you guys were in the market for a musical score? I willing to go for it.

Let me know when you guys start making headway in development; music is always one of the last things to add. You looking for voices as well?

Okay, thanks. I'll let you know, unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding spriters and coders.

And no, I don't think we'll need any VAs. I prefer textboxes. *is as oldschool as you can get*

(edited)

Sweet, thanks. I'll try Minecraft Forums to find other coders. The MC mod community is massive, and I know of a few Brony modders.

And just so you know, I may not know Java, but I do know a bit about game design as a whole.

Right now, I'm still working out how the class system should work (i.e. whether or not it should be race based or only certain races have different mage classes, etc.), the spells, how the summon system is going to work (probably a unicorn only class), attack ranges, damage, different mobs, whether or not I'm going to have recruitment, etc etc...

I can design things, I just can't seem to grasp coding. I've tried starting with Game Maker, but I can't wrap my brain around it.

Edited by Critical Hit

Okay, thanks. I'll let you know, unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding spriters and coders.

And no, I don't think we'll need any VAs. I prefer textboxes. *is as oldschool as you can get*

Dang, that's always the thing, isn't it? Good luck with that business.

Textboxes: Just don't button mash through dialogue! :lol:

I can help With music, Royalty free or basic sound effects, Also i could help with story if you would like :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread... Coder powers to the rescue!

I only know lua, though... And I don't think that much of you guys know it :D

Oh, yeah, it's probably gonna be written in Java or C.

But you can still help by giving me ideas for classes, enemies, items, weapons, etc....