Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Spike gave the book to Sweetie Belle...

silvadel

instead of eating the thing...  Do you think the spell could have inspired Sweetie Belle enough to manifest her cutie mark?  Would it be the right mark?  And would it go away after the spell ran down?

• Brohoof 1

She would have forced an endless stream of cutie marks. Changing one after the other until all options are exhausted. She will then move on, destroying more and more, in a endless attempt to force herself into finding herself.

And scootaloo would become chicken.

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps, Sweetie Belle would probably cause a huge cluster of cutie marks to appear. Or, find a way of changing cutie marks on the other ponies to show her...inspiration.

I don't think she would have gotten a cutie mark, I'm not even sure the book would have any effects on her, since she's not specialized in anything.

That's actually not a bad idea for an episode. I would love to see what would happen. Maybe she'd write a bunch more awful plays or more likely it would end up something like "Cutie Pox" but Sweetie Belle probably wouldn't be able to cast the spell like Rarity did. If she was angry at Rarity like in "For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils" and had the book Rarity would probably end up dead. 

What comes in, eventually comes out (if you know what I mean ;)).

Let's just wait and see what will happen ;)

(BTW eating the evil book was the dumbest thing I've seen so far in MLP:FiM.)

Edited by SasQ

"Not even magic can make a cutie mark appear before its time." -Twilight Sparkle, Call of the Cutie 

So far as she knew back in season 1.  This is dark magic which tends to work by different rules.  Giving you what you want in a way you didn't want it is very typical for such.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think so, because it wouldn't be a natural talent.  THe magic of the cutie mark is that it appears when a pony discovers his or her talent. 

Yeah, there was the Cutie Pox, but that was dealing with the cutie mark magic itself, or that's how my headcanon goes.

So far as she knew back in season 1.  This is dark magic which tends to work by different rules.  Giving you what you want in a way you didn't want it is very typical for such.

True, but I'm not sure if the Cutie Pox were a result of magic thanks to this quote. I mainly wanted to bring this up so that it was up for interpretation in the forefront of people's minds.

"Not even magic can make a cutie mark appear before its time." -Twilight Sparkle, Call of the Cutie

This may be a special case due to the magic not directly attempting to conjure a cutie mark like Twi tried to do in CotC to Apple Bloom. Also, Sweeties main problem is trying to find what she's good at, no inspiration (magic or not) will help her in that case.