Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Academy series supposedly on the way

Zekromic

It seems a lot of people haven't followed the developments and still believe this series will be a thing, while it's basically been proven otherwise.

Besides, Kidexpo Paris started yesterday, and no announcement whatsoever was made, so I'd advise to unsticky this topic as soon as the event ends on the 27th, and maybe update the title too, so no more fans are deceived.

Kind of like learning to share your friend/time? That would work :)

Oh dear, here comes the shipping :lol: What I mean is, it would be nice to see the relationship dynamic shown in a relaxed and innocent way like they did with Ron and Kim. ;)

I always thought Joss Possible was right. Ron is the braver of the two. Everything scares him, but he NEVER let that stop him from being there for Kim! I loved how Ron and Kim gradually learned that they truly love each other. To get back on topic, I'd watch "Equestria Academy" if the show does come to fruition. I really like Sunny's redemption. I got a little teary  over her raising up and being "Ponified" too, as she was singing. It was like the ultimate conformation that she has been forgiven.

• Brohoof 1

I always thought Joss Possible was right. Ron is the braver of the two. Everything scares him, but he NEVER let that stop him from being there for Kim! I loved how Ron and Kim gradually learned that they truly love each other. To get back on topic, I'd watch "Equestria Academy" if the show does come to fruition. I really like Sunny's redemption. I got a little teary  over her raising up and being "Ponified" too, as she was singing. It was like the ultimate conformation that she has been forgiven.

Thats why he's ronstoppable ;)  The movie was amazing, they handled that change in their feelings really well I thought. 

On topic: I know what you mean about her being ponified, that was a perfect conclusion to her doubts that she didn't belong :)

Massive brohoof for your avatar :D

Alright, Kidexpo ended yesterday, and no announcements were made.

Hopefully some day we'll get an EqG series nonetheless, but it won't be this one.

Time to wrap up this topic.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately looks like we're not getting one after all and it was a translation error. It's a shame, I liked Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks was really REALLY good. I think a show based around it would be fun!

So, its really not happening....I have nothing to say except...

Not offense to any EG fans of course, but really would you want a show about bratz rejects over the better FiM show?

Edited by HopeTheWanderer

Not offense to any EG fans of course, but really would you want a show about bratz rejects over the better FiM show?

>_>

Obviously not but both would be great.

I honestly don't know where the Bratz comparison is coming from. Toyline, absolutely but the movies? Not a chance.

Alright, Kidexpo ended yesterday, and no announcements were made.

Hopefully some day we'll get an EqG series nonetheless, but it won't be this one.

Time to wrap up this topic.

Too bad! So sad!

No, really. With EQG riding on this unimaginable high, I'd kill for a spinoff.

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'll just never understand the narrow minded "I don't want it, so I don't want ANYONE to have it!" mentality. If it were produced, as stated in the rumor, it would have been by a different production team and wouldn't have interfered with production of MLP:FIM. 

I guess cuz the big heads and the big eyes.

Nope, it's because of the BIG BOOTS! Should I admit to collecting Bratz dolls long before I became a Pegasister? Nope again. I better just keep that a deep dark secret...

Um, uh, wait!

• Brohoof 4

i don't particularly like ponies nor do i hate them i just like the character designs (art style and character personalities) their interactions and the story of MLP FIM

so if they can bring those to Equestria Academy ill be fans of both  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that Equestria Academy or whatever is supposed to be another name for Equestria Girls. Is that true?

Yeah, at this point it just seems to be what Rainbow Rocks is being called in France and not a new thing.

• Brohoof 1

I find this incredibly odd, though I may be late to the party.

I mean, I'm no stranger to slice-of-life novel series' about teen girls in high school, and if done correctly it could be great. However, I find many parallels to Monster High. I feel as though Hasbro is trying to cash in on their success, in a way. I dunno.

I'd give it a look, definitely, though the execution is going to be crucial here. Let's hope they don't mess up! <:3

Edited by MintChocolate113

I'm a huge fan of EQG so this sounds pretty cool to me. As long as it sticks to the same spirit FiM and the EQG movies do I'll probably like it. I've grown quite fond of Sunset Shimmer's character in addition to all the others, but I doubt we'll see her much if at all in FiM so being able to see more of her in an EQG spinoff series would be great.

Personally, I don't see the need for such a series. They're better off making a side series about the Power Ponies.

You have no idea how hard I'd watch that.  :wub:

But no, it is a problem of miscommunication, there is no series entitled "Equestria Academy", ready to ship in France. At least not an official one by Hasbro. And at least not for now (I am keeping my hopes up for later, though).

The whole thing is nothing more than an error in communication that started from a single wrongfully translated sentence of a French toy site (ToyzMag.com) which sort of stated what everyone must have heard by now. A more complete, for once, translation would be:

"[Equestria Girls] Hasbro foresees developing the universe from the first film via a new animated series which should be entitled "Equestria Academy, the school of successes". It will be presented in France November 2014 during Kidexpo."

(keep in mind in really does say "should be entitled")

Therefore, first of all, no series will be aired in France, it is supposed to be presented at "Kidexpo". However it is a bit shady that a French toy site would cite the exposition as taking place in November, when it actually took place in October. Furthermore no second mention of this animated series can be found anywhere, apart from repeatings of the one and same mistaken sentence. Nor the Kidexpo site, nor the part of the Internet, pertaining to Kidexpo 2014, have any mentions of Equestria Girls, at all. Which is rendered even more mysterious by the fact that Hasbro had a "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" stand there, which was reported on (they showed their new toy line "Rainbow Power" and from the only available scraps of information I surmise they had their new "construct your own pony" toys available). Hasbro's only other recorded presentations were concerning Furbies, the game Simon (Says) and Monopoly.

The French toy site (ToyzMag.com) goes on to mention that:.

"Hasbro (has) invested a lot in this new license [Equestria Girls], so the April issue of the professional magazine "La Revue du Jouets" devotes its cover page and its back page to it!"

The "has" part is supposed, as it is written grammatically wrong (the whole article, in fact, does not lack grammatical errors), and given the terrible complexity of the French language, it could be 10 different tenses.

I ask of you to pardon my lacking translator skills, however to the defense of my case I shall state that the French language makes little to no sense when deprived of context (or, on the contrary - it makes too much sense, just the kind that either is not at all specific or contradicts itself), and the sole two paragraphs of the cited article have next to no context.

You would think that this sentence is quite straightforward, alas the mystery deepens. It is one hell of an effort to practically guess what they were trying to say, as the cover page for the April issue of said magazine features Optimus Prime and Grimlock, two characters/toys/brand that is/are also mentioned at the start of ToyzMag's article and nothing related to My Little Pony and/or Equestria Girls. On top of that the broad summary of the April issue for said magazine, located on their site, does not mention anything interesting, either. Unfortunately I was unable to get a hold of an actual issue to verify.

In the end all the "fuss" is based on a very poorly written article with little to no actual information that is completely unsupported in all mentioned media and an image (below) that states:

"Soon

Equestria Academy

the school of all successes"

kazachok2014-hasbro-mlp-19.jpg

Just to clarify, I did hear somewhere that a television series, based on Equestria Girls, is going to be developed, but that was some time ago and it could be that same thing. Just the idea that Hasbro would create a full animated series, while making Season 4, while "Rainbow Rocks" was in production (or about that time) in French and air it in France, before the USA (premiere hot-spot for MLP:FiM) was COMPLETELY ludicrous.

High hopes for the future EG series, though!! :wub: 

• Brohoof 4