Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

creating ponies in vectors

GemiNi

Hi! I'm new to using inkscape and I wanted to practice my animation there. Yeah...there. How can I practice on it if I don't know how to draw a pony there. I already searched in the internet but they're all outdate and some are really hard to understand. So can you give me some advice or even a tutorial on how to? Very much appreciated :D

• Brohoof 1

@,
I don't know if you can do animation in inkscape, if you can then holy hell it has changed since I last looked at it, but possibly it may be a good idea to get an animation software/program. 
Flash is probably the most popular, but I know that there are others out there in the interwebs. You're sure to find tutorials on flash and those programs. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not sure about Inkscape, never heard of it before. I use Photoshop, which is easy for vector drawing too.

What I made yesterday with PS.

Edit: derp didn't see you wanted to do animation. (I should learn how to read.)pinkie_pie_tells_you_to_smile_by_mailiny

Edited by Guest

(edited)

Hmmm I was new to inkscape once and i am still learning but maybe i can give you tips on how i did it i go find the toutrial i did for people on deviantart a while back.This tutorail is for the drawing only.

I don't know if Inkscape can be used for animation but there are animation programs here is a list of them i know: Animation Studio (Works on Windows maybe any kind of windows i'm not sure),Blender (For Mac and windows).

Edited by Felicia
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not sure about Inkscape, never heard of it before. I use Photoshop, which is easy for vector drawing too.

What I made yesterday with PS.

Edit: derp didn't see you wanted to do animation. (I should learn how to read.)img-2588130-1-pinkie_pie_tells_you_to_sm

OMG we all know what is Inkscape and we all use it for vector 

buy it now in eaby (Inkscape):1,000,000.0$

Edited by Poop Candy
  • Brohoof 1

Inkscape and photoshop

thanks for the tips you guys. But one thing though, what is the most famous animation software for beginners?

Answer :

Inkscape and photoshop

i don't know if there is more or not

Inkscape and photoshop

Neither of those are animation programs, both however are vector programs

@,

Animation is quite difficult, and there are a ton of softwares out there that you can choose from, from stickman animation to manga studio (Don't know if animation software or not), to Adobe Flash and a whole heap of others. 

If you really wanna stick it to the man, go get Adobe flash or creative cloud and get the bunch of software/programs, if not get the trail version or find a free animation software that you can try. 

Neither of those are animation programs, both however are vector programs

@,

Animation is quite difficult, and there are a ton of softwares out there that you can choose from, from stickman animation to manga studio (Don't know if animation software or not), to Adobe Flash and a whole heap of others. 

If you really wanna stick it to the man, go get Adobe flash or creative cloud and get the bunch of software/programs, if not get the trail version or find a free animation software that you can try. 

also we can use paint  B)  like this photo

post-23032-0-24926000-1398950249.png

@,
Yeah, paint is pretty cool, I personally have paint.net and paint tool sai. But none of those are animation programs either.  

@,

Yeah, paint is pretty cool, I personally have paint.net and paint tool sai. But none of those are animation programs either.  

yeah i use paint tool sai

oh darn...well worth a shot again... I suppose.

Animation Studio is easy i guess and Blender is a little hard if you don't know what to do on it.

Theres good tutorials out there for Animation Studio and you can trace a drawing you want as a animation for you're animation project.I haven't been animateing yet but my dad learned how to animate on Animation stuido.I really reccomend Animation Studio but that's my opion.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I myself use pencil, its a 2D animation program, easy to use, and if you dont mind too much tweening, its worth checking out :P

Flash is also real good, but can be complicated for beginners

Good luck -

Edited by SkyStorm
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...