Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Most Disturbing Moments from Kids Shows

Shady Bubbles

Inspired by DATA EXPUNGED's thread on movies.

Just what the title says, some scary shit we saw as children.

Here's my picks.

ANYTHING from Ren and Stimpy

You're Not Perfect, from the series finale of Courage the Cowardly Dog

The Misadventures of Flapjack was full of spooky stuff

This song from The Wiggles of all things

The Pizza Song when it's slowed down is disturbing

And of course this classic from the best pony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHy3ZhY9VKs

Anyone have any other scary scenes from kids' shows they'd like to share? 

• Brohoof 2

Well other than Candle cove

But if you have the time, go watch Cry Baby Lane. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cry_Baby_Lane

The entire thing is a disturbing moment, as it was banned for almost 10 years, and never seen on TV again until 2011.

Times up spongebob.

We don't speak of Candle Cove  :)

I remember my brother telling me about that movie, but I never got the chance to watch it. But this a thread for TV shows, so it doesn't really count. Thank you for bringing it up though, I will have to watch it somehow (I read that it was banned?)

We don't speak of Candle Cove  :)

I remember my brother telling me about that movie, but I never got the chance to watch it. But this a thread for TV shows, so it doesn't really count. Thank you for bringing it up though, I will have to watch it somehow (I read that it was banned?)

Well it was a TV only movie, as it never went to theaters, and never had a vhs release. So it was a made for TV movie, and it was broken up like you would a tv show marathon on nic. It was banned/forgotten for 10 years, and gained a large cult following due to this. The movie itself is kinda 6/10, but watching it via live stream with some fellow /x/files back in 2011 when they finally re-aired it was amazing.

And candle cove is the most disturbing thing ever in kids tv. that scream episode.

• Brohoof 2

Well it was a TV only movie, as it never went to theaters, and never had a vhs release. So it was a made for TV movie, and it was broken up like you would a tv show marathon on nic. It was banned/forgotten for 10 years, and gained a large cult following due to this. The movie itself is kinda 6/10, but watching it via live stream with some fellow /x/files back in 2011 when they finally re-aired it was amazing.

And candle cove is the most disturbing thing ever in kids tv. that scream episode.

"You HAVE... to GO... INSIDE..." What a crazy show

Heheh. *awkward blue wacky looking thing person is floating around his lair* "You're not perfect!"

Not sure, but I'm sure if you rewatch a show you watched years ago, you'll see things you didn't see before (the Kids Next Door episode P.O.I.N.T., there's a lot of quote, "sexual innuendo" in the episode, though it is misleading as that's not really what is going on).

• Brohoof 1

Heheh. *awkward blue wacky looking thing person is floating around his lair* "You're not perfect!"

Not sure, but I'm sure if you rewatch a show you watched years ago, you'll see things you didn't see before (the Kids Next Door episode P.O.I.N.T., there's a lot of quote, "sexual innuendo" in the episode, though it is misleading as that's not really what is going on).

I used to love KND  :)  But the one that got me was where the lady is selling the crust off her pink eye as pies for the children. It was just so gross...

I used to love KND  :)  But the one that got me was where the lady is selling the crust off her pink eye as pies for the children. It was just so gross...

Eyyyyyduuckkkk, yuk! I guess you can say that is pretty disturbing as well! Plenty of gross outs!

His nightmare scenes are in this godsend of a video:

I love the sea water hallucinations too.

"It's okay Cap'n. You're safe now. Here. With us." *turns into satan*

I'm not sure how they were even allowed to make this show

• Brohoof 1

"It's okay Cap'n. You're safe now. Here. With us." *turns into satan*

I'm not sure how they were even allowed to make this show

Did you know it was supposed to be on Adult Swim but was rejected for not being mature enough?
  • Brohoof 1

Did you know it was supposed to be on Adult Swim but was rejected for not being mature enough?

I don't see how... all it needed was stronger language, and have K'nuckles as an alcoholic.

post-26441-0-13167000-1399012665.jpg

Not much else to say.  Well, OK, this is from The Adventures of Mark Twain, a movie, so I guess it's not a show per se.

• Brohoof 1

Yes that is a very scary clip. I posted it in the other thread about movies. My grandma was really conservative, but she taped this movie because she thought it was educational xD It educated me on what night terrors feel like...

The Lost Media Wiki finally found this banned Sesame Street short that used to be an internet myth.

I think it's pretty neat people can finally see it after years of wondering.

Putting this is spoilers because it's a HUGE plot twist that completely changes the show (at least I think so).

Eddy's brother appearing in Ed Edd n Eddy, but not for the same reasons as the stuff above.

At first, he seems like the awesome brother that Eddy always described him as...but then he reveals his true colors as a sadistic psycho that just enjoys torturing Eddy for the lulz.

It's at that very moment that the other kids and the audience finally understand why Eddy always acted so jerkish--because of his brother. The series feels very different when you watch it after seeing the movie, doesn't it?