If New MLP movie appeared, but not about Equestria Girls

JamesBobbyDReed

Maybe a somewhat darker plot then normal, or a much bigger challenge for them. To be honest, as long as it isn't half-ased, I think it would be a much bigger hit then EQG will ever be.

• Brohoof 6

Maybe the Changelings captures ponies in ponyville and replaced them, so like, only the mane 6 were the real ones? Y' know what i'm sayin'?

Something that really fleshed out Princess Celestia.  She's been a major figure in the show since the beginning, but we still know very little about her, and she hasn't really had that many memorable scenes. 

That, plus a ton of good Luna interaction scenes, please.  Luna's a fun dramatic character, and all, but what really made me love her was her comedic side in the Luna Eclipsed episode, and her more memorable appearances in the IDW COMICS.

Maybe the Changelings captures ponies in ponyville and replaced them, so like, only the mane 6 were the real ones? Y' know what i'm sayin'?

That's basically Return of Queen Chrysalis xD

Maybe a somewhat darker plot then normal, or a much bigger challenge for them. To be honest, as long as it isn't half-ased, I think it would be a much bigger hit then EQG will ever be.

I'm with you, this is the only time I see plausible a dark plot in FiM

Yeah a darker plot is the only way to make an excellent MLP:FiM movie in my opinion.

Something like The Crystal Empire (season 3 premiere), but in 90 minutes, would work.

It should be...

Applejack: The Movie.

Directed by Michael Bay.

It should be about a cult in Equestria that kidnapped Applejack's parents and forced them to slave away in the mines of Moria, and Applejack has to go all Batmare and kick flank while jumping away from random explosions, only to find out...

That the leader of the cult is her mother.

Dun. Dun. Dun.

BOOM!

And somewhere in the middle of it she fights a predator.

• Brohoof 2

Here's an interesting thought for a darker movie with heavy character development:

When a Chairekakia (means malevolence in Greek), a Winged Hippocampi necromancer arises from the ocean, and casts a horrible spell on Equestria, the once peaceful country turns to chaos as the resurrected Taraxippi plague the land. These creatures make the ponies confront their worst fears and darkest secrets head-on. Will the Mane 6 and Spike be strong enough to overcome the tyrant and his evil tricks? Of course. I mean, they kinda have to win...but watch anyway.

Yeah a darker plot is the only way to make an excellent MLP:FiM movie in my opinion.

Something like The Crystal Empire (season 3 premiere), but in 90 minutes, would work.

I was actually thinking a bit darker, as you can tell.  :lol:

A couple of years back I predicted the entirety of the season 2 finale when discussing possible movie plots with some other people. Watch A Canterlot Wedding for my original movie idea, which is now certainly not going to happen. x)

I'd prefer it to be a little more slice of life-ish than revolving around some catastrophic, ancient event or confrontation with a villain. I haven't thought about it much since my last idea which happened in the form of an episode, so I'll mull this over some more.

I think it should be more classic Disney style, like a Lion King movie, dramatic, action, dark, funny and with multiple songs.  With some major obstacle to over come.

With them all being their pony selves of course. :squee:

I agree, that's kind of what I was going for in my idea. I failed to mention that I see the necromancer (who I admit might need a name change) as a very awkward, but vain villain. He should be intimidating, but he should have quite a few funny moments as well. Same with the fears of the Equestrians, like  a sequence exploring Big Mac's fear of others knowing he plays with a Smarty Pants doll. I figured my idea allowed leeway to be dark, dramatic, heartwarming, funny, and epic while fitting into the Greek mythological lore established in the show. 

I'm glad no one is arguing against the possability of a darker tone for a MLP movie. I mean, Hasbro has a reputation of being darker in their movies, compared to their shows. Transformers and GI Joe are really great examples of this fact.