Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone keep their MLP toys or merchandise in mint condition?

Commander_PonyShep

34 users have voted

1. 1. Do you keep your MLP toys in mint condition?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Right now, I own some Funrise MLP dolls, and unfortunately I removed all their tags so that they wouldn't get soaked in washing machines every time I need to clean them.  They're also somewhat damaged or worn out, which means that they're no longer collectibles, especially if Gen 4 ended and Hasbro ceases production of all Gen 4 toys.  However, I still keep them for sentimental purposes; technically, I don't have a girlfriend or any friends, period, so I use those stuffed MLP plush-dolls as an alternative to real human beings, which is pretty sad when you think about it.

What about you?  Do you keep your MLP toys in pristine condition, especially if you want to sell them for tons of cash?  Or, do you keep them for sentimental purposes, regardless if they get worn out or damaged?

I keep them out of the box, but I keep the boxes. I do play with them from time to time, but I always clean them and style their hair. And when my little cousin plays with them Im always there to watch so they dont get any major damage.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I don't have much of a collection, but for what I do, I try to keep it in its original state (save for packaging as all I have are a few cards and a few blind bag figures) 

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I do not have any modern ponies yet, though I did seriously examine some, and wouldn't buy them to keep them boxed.  If I do end up with any, I might immediately remove their cutie marks and draw new ones on.

I am so sorry for letting my mind go into the gutter when I read your post.  They are a happy subculture which is doing the complete opposite of hurting anyone.

Nope.  Some still have tags though.  I buy them for the kids to play with, and I wouldn't be able to keep any toy in mint condition in this house anyways.  

A lot of my stuff is out of the boxes, but I keep vinyl figures, Toys'R'Us exclusives, (like the set with Derpy and Chrysalis) and the majority of my Fluttershy toys in the boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm of the mindset that toys are meant to be displayed in their natural state (out of package) or played with.

Unless you hunt down a really rare piece

• Brohoof 1

i have a Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Tank plastic toys sitting by my Xbox i never mess with them there more of like a good luck charm but i do brush there manes occasionally but im not obsessed with keeping them in the box I like to see them stand there staring at me so i guess yes and no

(edited)

Yes, but I don't keep them in the box. Well, aside from my Glow In The Dark Zecora. She's still in the box, as well as a Fashion Style Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.But  Dash and Pinkie I just have stashed under my bed. Zecora is on my dresser, on display.

Though plushies are the one exception, I cuddle Fluttershy  a lot. :squee:

Because anything marked as "Collector's Edition" or "Collectible" of any sort, Never really holds any value. They're still mass produced. Example being the Funko Toys. They're still producing them. 

It's the things that AREN'T marketed as "collectible" that appreciate in value. Like The Glow in The Dark Zecora, or The original Nightmare Moon collection with all the other ponies in it. They were never sold as "collectable" merely as "Store Exclusive" Usually it's the Toys R' Us ones that become hard to find and worth money. Since they only sell them for a short period of time.

Then there's Con exclusive stuff. I see that stuff go for INSANE prices. My friend gave me his MLP collection, and amongst the cards he had in it, was the 2012 BronyCon Rarity foil exclusive. I looked on eBay, and was blown away at how much a fancy piece of cardboard was worth....Though I'll NEVER sell it. because it's something precious a friend gave to me, and reminds me of him. He was also a huge Rarity fan, so there's that connection to the card as well.. But he got out of the fandom, hence giving me all of his MLP merch.

It just boggles my mind at how much a molded piece of plastic can go for, or a shiny piece of cardboard....it's kinda sickening to be honest. :(

Edited by :Flutterblitz:

I have the Funko Glitter versions of AJ, DJ Pon3, Trixie and Lyra. I have removed them each from their boxes once to marvel at them, but promised myself not to open the boxes again. I want to keep them in near mint condition because they are worth so much.