Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Fate of Magic - Beyond These Walls.

The Elusive Cinder

(edited)

---------------

- Beyond these Walls -
- Chapter Three -
- The Fate of Magic -

OOC:
http://mlpforums.com/topic/98783-beyond-these-walls-the-fate-of-magic-adventure-now-searching

---------------

Redwave and Scribe.

If he didn't place quite so much blind faith in the bard then Redwave would have gone already. Alone if need be - though with family like his, that wasn't going to happen this time.

No, it was the first time that he and Scribe were going to be traveling together: but while the captain had every faith in his cousin, he knew better than to depart as they were. A warning he had received some weeks ago now had warned him to accept any help that he could muster. That was back before events had spiralled out of control.

Now he stood by the statue of Starswirl the Bearded, just beyond the gates of Canterlot, just as he had before the beginning of this 'quest'. It was a sorry state - the city was silent: even now that various factions had made the streets relatively safe, ponies still hid away safely in their homes.

"A fine waste of time: as if some flyers would attract the attention we require in times like these!" The red-maned captain muttered - inspecting a curious scar that ran down his leg, looking more like some kind of crack that would by found in stone or masonry than an actual wound of the flesh.

"Just... give it a bit longer, okay?" The answer came from the blue-maned one, the one that called himself Scribe. He tugged anxiously at a strap attached to the gold-hued breastplate and shrugged. "We're probably early or... or something."

Redwave grumbled under his breath - touching a hoof first to the hilt of the cutlass that hung by his side, then to the bottle that hung beside it. He didn't take a drink though - not now, when there was so much ahead. He had a feeling that he would miss it in the future if he drunk it now: the last bottle of 'the good' brandy that he preferred over the stockpile aboard the ship.

The question was... would anyone come?

---------------

Kingfisher.
and Bardic.

It had been a long journey.

On escaping the tunnels beneath the Crystal mountains, Kingfisher had been overjoyed to find a friendly face on the other side: the Saddle Arabian Kazemde - otherwise known as Bardic Knowledge.

Her jubilation hasn't lasted long however: the losses they had suffered were significant: Crimson, Ronin, Blast and Eclipse... Frosty, Icy and the doctor... ever little Willow. Certainly she might have never really liked (or completely trusted) the filly all that much... but nopony deserved what happened to her. She wasn't a bad pony after all... but alas, she hadn't gotten out in time.

Kingfisher didn't really like the thought of having to inform her brother: if he ever awakened. That was doubtful in of itself, though she cared less about Orion's health that the others. He had gotten what had been coming for a long time - albeit in an overly brutal and humiliating manner. Grunting slightly as she hoisted the still unresponsive body of Orion more firmly across her back, the sailor grumbled quietly.

"Still feels as cold as it did in the mountains." Grumbled the mare with a half-smile.
"Thought it was supposed to get warmer as we headed further south?"

The Crystal kingdom hadn't been far after meeting the Bard - from there, they once again headed south: no longer needing anything from their initial destination now that they had met him. He insisted that they find the Dawn Dreamer, and that he believed that he knew how to solve their plight: but would say no more on the matter. A carriage had taken them halfway, but they were left to walk the rest of the distance back to where the Dawn Dreamer was moored.

"It saddens me that you were attacked in the same way as I." The tall, half-blood scholar said sadly - looking out from the carriage of the train as is passed the wreckage of two trains - half buried beneath snow and Ice. "I wish that I could have warned you, but it was too late for such an action. "

He shook his head sadly.

"No matter! Once we take to the sea, I believe I know where we can finish this once and for all... come, we can pass a good distance before nightfall."

The bard sighed, smiled at his friend and increased his pace slightly, breaking away and moving ahead of the group of survivors to be alone.

---------------

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,

Minty Wintergreen

It's been a while since Minty returned to Canterlot. Ever since the.. incident one year ago, she vowed to never have returned. Her mother had told her that there was a grand market here every year and she should buy her some silk. Reluctantly, but not arguing, she traveled by train to Canterlot. It gave her a heartache, as expected, when she came. Something was peculiar though - where WAS everypony? She saw a marketplace, but sure enough, no ponies were there and all the items for sale have been taken away.

Did everypony leave? How did anypony manage to have the entire city of Canterlot to leave in such a short amount of time? She peered into one of the residents' homes. It looks like somepony still leaves there - full of furniture and all. She shrugged to herself. She suddenly felt a wave of fear wash over her - "What if they all got kidnapped? What if they all died?" Minty tried to calm herself down. They couldn't have all died. Then there'd be dead bodies everywhere.. but then, they were probably kidnapped! But poor Minty couldn't do a thing about it. She spotted a boat nearby the dock, rushing towards it hoping it doesn't sail away. "Hey! Excuse me! Where is--" Nopony there either. She decided to head back to the train station, finally seeing somepony else. A white stallion. He looked trustworthy. "Hey, where is everypony?" Minty asked rather bashfully.

@

Pavisa

Pavisa sighed quietly as she glanced around, pausing long enough to reach up with one hoof to brush back her mane.  She felt like a mess - to be fair, she hadn't taken much care about her appearance since they had gotten out of the mountains.  It was hard to think about something as simple as how she looked after everything that had happened, everypony that wasn't with them any longer.  The cloth wrapped around her head to hide the healing gash from a falling rock she'd taken in the mountains didn't help matters.  The small clank of metal on metal accompanies her lowering her hoof back to the ground, her armored foreleg the only remaining piece of her once-impressive Canterlot Guard armour.  Wish I at least had my helmet still...  Not that I could wear the bloody thing anymore.

As though to emphasize her thoughts, she winces slightly as a small shock rolls through her new horn.  She made a mental note to ask the bard if he knew anything about it anytime they had a moment to talk...  There had hardly been time for introductions with the pace they had been moving, let alone small talk.  With another quiet sigh she moves to catch up to Kingfisher, glancing at the other mare out of the corner of her eye before turning her gaze towards Orion's prone form.  "Still not awake?"  She could see as much just by looking at the stallion, the question was unnecessary, she just had to say something.  She hadn't felt much like speaking since the cave-in, and the self imposed silence was finally starting to get to her.  

Zintiik

The changeling didn't know why he was even still with these ponies...  Or why he was waiting for them now.  When they had said they were going to a ship, it hadn't been hard for him to find it.  So he'd flown ahead to wait, sitting near the shoreline and staring at his reflection in the water.  Orion...  That was why he was waiting.  They were bringing Orion.

'Willow!'  Zintiik tripped, falling forward as the mare pulled away from him.  What was she doing!?  He had been trying to push her towards the exit, why was she running back!?  'Willow, watch out!'  He had tried to go back, to reach her, but a falling rock had blocked the path between them...  That had been the last time he saw her...

Shaking his head, Zintiik's wings buzz angrily as he smacks at his reflection in the water.  "Why?  Why is she gone...  Why do I CARE!?"  It wasn't fair!  A cruel twist of fate - unlocking the emotions the changeling had buried all his life, only to have the mare he'd developed feelings for taken away!  Zintiik hisses angrily at his reflection before slumping over sadly again.  Suddenly the water would reflect the light of the green flames coming of the changeling's body, before they were gone just as quickly.

Zintiik lowers his head towards the water, staring at his reflection again, which was now that of a familiar red unicorn mare.  He shuts his eyes, as though unable to stand looking at his own transformed reflection, before pressing his muzzle to the water's surface.  "...I'm sorry, Willow."  The transformation goes away, leaving the changeling in his natural form once again, turning his head to glance towards the direction the ponies would be coming soon.  Staring that way for a moment he sighs and turns his attention back to the water...  They probably didn't want him going along with them anyways, but he had to make sure Orion was alright.  That was the last thing he could do.  

Patience

(OCC(First part is just a bit of fun i wrote, you don't have to read if you don't want to as its pretty meaningless... It was just fun! ^ ^))

Patience was still looking over the flier that she'd found outside of the Tavern that her band had been using as a home for the last little while, while the rest of them weren't worried about the fact that there seemed to be no end to their contract Patience was. They kept killing off the Jumpers and their kin and yet... There where always more and it'd gone on long enough to worry the merk, it was one thing to take on a long contract but this seemed a bit more dire than hiring out as a wing for some guard force.  (Not that she cared about the guard or their civies, she just wanted her pay to be spent in peacetime!... Maybe.)  So when she'd found (< Read got hit in the face with.) a flier offering a chance to end this madness she didn't think on it long before getting ready to check it out, maybe it meant she had to leave Shield in charge but... The older stallion did owe her and he hadn't steered her wrong yet. So after she'd strapped on her armor/weaponry and stuffed her saddlebags with some spare field supplies she left the tavern to check out this meeting... Well she left after stopping in front of the tavern and yelling at Shield some more to get through to the stubborn ass.

"If their all dead by the time i get back to you lot then your friking dead Shield, even if i know that it was probably Dagger's friking fault you let em do it!" Though to her irritation the older dim navy blue stallion with the grey mane just laughed and waved her off with a passing comment as he went back inside. "Hahahaha, you worry to much. Buuuut if you don't leave soon i might let Dagger into your stash of Devils Cuttttt.~" ... After a few moments of wanting to go back in and kick Shields flank just for suggesting it Patience sighed and took off to check out the offer. He might actually do it if she didn't take him seriously.

(OCC(This is the part thats relevant, sorry for the flack. Oh and i put the link to her character file in her name! ^ ^))

@

After finding the meeting location, and making a lazy circle to determine that it was actually the right spot, Patience spotted the two ponies and a meter or two in front of the pair before lazily folding her wings and looking over the pair. She liked the look of the red maned stallio!- Well after calmly backing up a few extra feet she liked the look of the red maned stallion, he seemed like he could handle himself well enough... Though the other one looked like new blood, commendable that he was willing to help out but was he dependable? Heh, we'll see. Anyway after eyeing the two she pulled the flier out of her saddlebags and dropped it in front of her before asking. "Allllright i agree this looks like a mess and i think i aught to lend a hoof if you'll let me, just tell me who's in charge and how i can help you guys out in any way i can. I need a place to spend my bits in this country and its getting pretty hard to imagine this place holding up much longer..."

Midnight Sky

Ever since their escape from the tunnels, Midnight had been in a state of what felt like a mix of shock and mourning. They had lost so many ponies trying to escape, and even Orion's sister hadn't been able to make it out. Even though Midnight hadn't exactly known them for very long, they had been some of the best friends he's had in Equestria so far, but regardless he knew there was no point worrying about what is already done. He still had his own sister, and the others to worry about. Though it will be difficult with the sorry state his armor is in. While it was still intact and usable, his armor that had been freshly polished only about a week prior was covered in dents and scratches that he would have liked to stop off in the Crystal Empire to fix, but he guessed there really wasn't time for that. After all they were far from finished with mess. Looking ahead at Bardic, Midnight wished he could get a chance to talk to the pony that seemed to be quite knowledgeable in many areas, he wanted to ask about the music note lockbox still tied to his flank even after all that's happened. However so far there hadn't been much chance to talk as they moved quickly towards the shoreline to the south.

Glancing to his right Midnight checked to make sure Sunshine was still faring well. Out of the whole group Midnight believed she had been hit the worst with the knowledge that their friends had died, because despite how much she's been through Sunshine is still a filly and beyond that she is very in tune with emotions. Midnight could tell she still hadn't gotten over their deaths, and even though she was trying to hide it she was also pretty tired too, they've been moving at a fast pace ever since the Crystal Empire, though they had good reason to. Shifting his focus Midnight looked over at where Fisher carried the still unconscious Orion along. He could only imagine how the unicorn will react when he hears about his sister, Midnight knew he wouldn't take it very well if he woke up from a coma and learned that his sister had died. Midnight decided that once the time came to break the news to Orion that he'd prefer to do it himself, he should be able to relate enough with Orion to keep him from going crazy, again. "Yeah, sure seems that way." Midnight said in response to Pavi as he caught up to her and Fisher. "And on that subject, I'd like to request that if or when Orion wakes up I be the one to give the bad news about Willow. As a protective older brother myself I feel I have the best understanding of how Orion will feel once he hears the news." Midnight said to Fisher. Seeing as this is the first time their group had really had a conversation for a while, due to nopony really feeling like talking since the cave-in, Midnight would have liked it to be something happier, but he figured he needed to get this out of the way first. Though it was nice to break the silence finally.

Terra Lionmane
You know what they say "Be careful what you wish for?" well Terra wished to become a captain of the Equestrian guard, to contribute something to the greater good. And oh the time came when "he" the determined stallion of righteous glory came to realize his dream. "Young Boys will dream... those dreams will eventually become a reality."-Future Knight Lew read Terra from his favorite book "The United Sanctuary of Planet Cray". It was going to be a bit before he got called back to duty and relaxing while lightly reading. Everything was falling apart in Canterlot... small chinks at a time and Terra was doing his best to avoid that. He was working hard and his phoenix Fenix was at his side working the trouble together... Now what fate had in store for both of them was unknown but Terra was willing to see where it went... and clear the path to a new tomorrow... whatever that may be. For now Canterlot was his home, and he had to protect it...

((OOC:Sorry for the short post feel free to put me wherever you like or pull me out wherever. I am not really sure what to do... just mention me.))

Noble and Gwyn

@

They had been through a lot in a very short time. Noble was beginning to feel that his every endeavour was destined to fail even before it began. First, an attempt to see his mother again ends with a mangled mass of flesh and Noble suddenly became the enemy of a group of ponies who barely knew him from a bar of soap. Then, he tried to keep Canterlot from falling into chaos and keep the citizens safe, but it became a warzone anyway. Was it fair? Probably not, but his existence wasn't particularly fair. Ever since Neighagra Falls, he'd been an Alicorn.

"Are you ok, Noble?" The pink pony beside him asked, clear signs of worry and concern in her sky-blue eyes. Gwyn was the one thing Noble could count on now. She was the only thing that still gave him hope.

Noble shook his head. "No. I'm not ok. But we can't stay here. Revealing myself as an Alicorn will just complicate things." He motioned for Gwyn to start walking and he turned away. His appearance reflected how far he believed he had fallen. His coat was plain, his armor was no longer highly decorated, and he had thrown his mask away. The only thing left of his grandeur was the silver sword he had carried even before he became an Alicorn. Gwyn was armed with the crossbow that Bolt had given her as well as a sizable quiver of bolts.

Then they saw a sight Noble found familiar: Captain Redwave. The pair approached, already prepared for the reaction Noble believed was most likely. But when he spoke, his voice was devoid of its former arrogance.

"It's been a while, Captain Redwave."

---

Aegis Dare

Sadness. Apathy. That's all Aegis felt. His former creativity and bravery had faded, as had his once vibrant colours. When he wrote the death tally in his journal, he nearly couldn't bring himself to do it. And when he did, he threw his bottles of ink away, and nearly threw his journal along with it. But for all the pain it carried, the first third contained some happy memories, too. The crystal that had glowed so brightly once before was now still and dull, now made into a proper pendant while they were at the Crystal Kingdom.

Aegis barely wanted to do anything. He just sat there and moped until the others moved, going with the flow since he had lost his will to live and was merely waiting to die.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Scribe Shield.

@,

Scribe blinked - he honestly hadn't really been expecting anypony to turn up - least of all a mare who seemed so relaxed with the situation at hoof... well, maybe not relaxed but certainly not as concerned as she should be.

"Uh..." He started. "Hiding, I guess? Y'know, with the shadowy things and the weird lights..."

Motioning with a hoof towards the chaotic mess that was the twilight-stained sky, he shrugged. "The sky too. You okay there Miss..."

All of a sudden, the stallion paused. He squinted a little, staring at the mint-coloured mare. Scribe didn't have a particularly good memory, but it wasn't terrible either. He couldn't help but feel like...

"... I know you!" He announced suddenly, stopping again as doubt washed over him. "I think... Huh. Wait! I remember... you're the one from the forest aren't you? Cinders friend?"

It had been a long time since he had seen the mare but... well, some faces you just don't forget.

---------------

Redwave.

@@Tricksters Pride,

"Aha! Excellent: at the very least we have..."

Red looked up at the pony addressing him - a mare, she seemed like the type to at least know one end if a sword from the other - which was better than he had expected.

"What do you know, the letters weren't quite as useless as I had believed! Indeed I am Captain Redwave, of the Dawn Dreamer. A crew isn't something I keep these days, but in the face of danger as it stands now, I believe exceptions can be made! Now..."

@@Windbreaker,

Just as his cousin was conversing with a face from his past, so too did Redwave look up at the mention if his name. This time though, the result was much more immediate.

Abandoning his sentence, the cutlass by his side spun upwards - arching around the earth stallions neck and coming to a standstill gripped firmly in an offensive stance, pointing directly at the pony who had proven to be less than 'noble' in his eyes one time too many.

"You!" He seethed - teeth clenched firmly around the handle of the blade, preventing any witty and eloquent retorts... they would have to wait for another time.

---------------

Kingfisher.

@@Umbreon,

@@Icy Void,

"I can't see him coming around anything soon... Kingfisher grunted and hoisted the stallion up again, non too gently at that. After her treatment at the hooves of his friends, any little punishment was a pleasure to deliver: even if it only amounted to a site neck on revival.

"Starting to wonder if we should have just left him behind. Would have been a lot easier - and he deserves it."

She was only half joking: the weight of a full grown stallion wasn't something to take lightly, and Orion had shown no sign of recovery so far. He was useless and weighing them down as a group... but bringing him had just 'made sense' at the time.

Edited by Cinderscribe

(edited)

@,

Minty Wintergreen

"Wait, what? Shadowy figures..?"
Minty backed up slightly in horror. Shadowy figures? What if they were ponies, to kidnap everypony else who wasnt gone? Weird lights? She couldn't think of any fear associated with that, so she guessed they must've been flashlights. She peered up at the sky. It didnt look like anything was wrong with the sky.

"Er.. You know me?" Now, she wasnt expecting that. She certainly didnt know him. But she knew Cinder. "Hehe, well, I didn't know Cinder that well, since she was always hanging out with that Silver Note stallion.. anyways.. you are?" Minty asked, hoping not to sound rude because of the question.

Edited by Shaymin

Noble and Gwyn

@,

Gwyn went to draw her crossbow, but Noble stopped her. He stepped between Gwyn and Redwave. "We didn't come to fight you, Captain. I'm assuming you're here to recruit ponies for a crew or a quest. I'd like to request that we join your crew, or if not me, then at least let Gwyn join you." Noble said. He wasn't worried about himself. As an Alicorn, he had more than enough power to take care of himself. His concern was Gwyn, despite her own skills and power.

"What if he's like that other pirate? You can't ask me to watch my own brother die." Gwyn said, not mentioning the fact that if Noble died, so did she.

Noble didn't take his eyes off Redwave. "He isn't. Whatever my crimes, I will answer for them when there is time. Right now, I am the last bearer of the Litany of Magic. Are you willing to turn down help from a demigod, Captain?" He only hoped this gamble would work. If not, his life might end here.

(edited)

Patience

@@@Windbreaker,

As the captain, and apparently the one in charge by his emphasis on the word captain, addressed her in a fairly friendly manner Patience relaxed a little. He seemed like a decent pony, tried to make a joke or two and Patience could appreciate that at least. Though as she was thinking on a response another stallion approached. She only gave him a glance at first as he just appeared to be a simple unicorn with a sword and armor, nothing to big of a deal just another po-... Then Redwave turned on him with an angry sound and drew his sword in an aggressive action. Patience took one confused look at the captain but drew her sword regardless, reaching under her stomach with her right forehoof and tipping her short-sword to slide into the latch in her bracer and flicking her wing up to lock it in place with a jerk before sliding it out in a smooth motion. After doing so she half turned in a defensive stance to face the newcomer and was about to ask what was going on when he mentioned being a DEMIGOD of magic!

Pretty safe to say that her behavior turned a bit less friendly with that combined with the mare almost drawing her weapon Patience was quite in line with the captain on this matter... Even if she shuffled a step closer to the 'safer' stallion (< Redwave) at the new ponies declaration of godhood and got a little nervous, slightly reflected in her voice even if her stance didn't waver. "Heh... Considering that it hit me in the face and got caught in my wings while i was flying hmm yeah it kinda got my attention, also nearly clipped a building but eh i was fine. E-either way its nice to meet ya captain, here's hoping this 'exception' can live up to your ever so lofty standards eh captain? hahaha..." By the end of her pitiful attempt at a joke she just trailed of into halfhearted laughter, trying to lighten the mood she was picking up on here but probably failing in the attempt... Not like she was funny in the first place, that died a while back. Anyway after letting her joke die off she returned to a more casual tone of voice, or attempted to at any rate. "Soooo um what exactly is this about captain? You've got the helm so to speak heh heh..."

*'.....Oh god i've got to break that dam habit, it doesn't even work anymore! Just makes things wierd...'*

Edited by Tricksters Pride

Redwave.

@@Windbreaker,

@@Tricksters Pride,

Red blinked - the Alicorn was speaking? Of course that was nothing new - Red couldn't help but feel from his limited past experience with Noble that the betrayer enjoyed the sound of his own voice just a little too much. He paused for a moment - glancing aside towards his 'backup', who was standing just a little too far to easily grab his attention. Scribe was facing away from him and blocking his view, but to the best the Red could tell...

By the sisters, isn't this marvellous? Dire trouble and the fool is off chasing mares.'

He rolled his eyes theatrically.

"This creature made its best attempt to reduce me and my crew to dust beneath a mountain." He grunted, glaring towards noble. "Betraying the trust of his own to do so, might I add."

Reasserting his attention on Noble and his... partner, Redwave wavered slightly. He wasn't one to back down from... well, anything really. That was a problem: Alicorns had a tendency to be quite dangerous, but the sailor still had a reputation to uphold.

He was also more than a little resentful of this one in particular.

"I have witnessed the fate of those that travel with you, why would I put my faith in a soul as dark as yours?"

---------------

Scribe.

@,

Scribe looked at the mare in bemusement - the end of world as they knew it had begun and she was wandering around Canterlot, completely obliviously? He shrugged - mostly to himself.

"Scribe, Scribe Shield." The unicorn unstudied himself somewhat awkwardly. "Adventurer and... stuff..."

Trailing off, the stallion began to explain why was in Canterlot.

"Yeah, me and my cousin are here to... Thats it! I think you stayed with us for a day or two when you got out of that forest - you were pretty roughed up." He explained to the best extent of his memory as a (rather hazy) recollection of events came to mind. "There was you, that musical oaf, there was the cute one with the thick mane..."

Memory failing him, he shrugged again.

"I dunno - I knew I'd seen you before though."

@,

Minty Wintergreen

Where did Minty hear that name before..? She still didnt quite recognize the stallion, but she's heard his name. "Adventurer? I'm not much of an adventurerer myself - Celestia made me go to that forest despite all the fears that I have. I'm talking too much, aren't I?"

Minty tried hard to remember who the heck Scribe's cousin was. Was it.. Bardic? That one Kingfisher mare? No, no, it was somepony else. She did remember that she stayed somewhere when she was hurt in the forest, though. "Well, I've seen you.. somewhere.. too. What are you up to here? Canterlot's empty - I don't think you have anything to do here." Minty pawed at the ground with her hoof, looking at the ground to avoid the awkwardness.

Noble and Gwyn

@,

'If they wanted to hurt him, they wouldn't have given him so much time to prepare a defense.' Gwyn thought as she walked out from behind Noble, evidently bored of the standoff. "Noble, it's pretty obvious that they're not really listening to you. And why should they? You are the betrayer, after all. But I have a question for you, Captain. Would you like it better if, say, Orion Starsinger had the Litany instead?" She asked her question in the same polite manner as somepony asking for a cupcake at a tea party.

Noble was shocked that Gwyn had called him 'betrayer'. If it was coming from Captain Redwave, he could understand, but Gwyn? Noble sat down with an expression as if he'd just been smacked in the face with a wet fish as he tried to process what was going on. When he could speak again, all he could say was, "What...?"

---

Aegis Dare

@

Falling. That dream... so many meanings to it, and each one seems to fit better than the last.

Aegis got up from his seat, moving with all the grace of a drunken zombie as he started moving for the sake of moving. He'd been quiet for a while, almost mute. He looked out one of the windows, but only ended up glaring at his own reflection.

"Heroes... The only thing I learned about heroes so far is that good ponies get hurt." He said, speaking up for the first time in a week. With nothing much else to do, he approached Kingfisher and Pavisa, but he didn't make eye contact with either of them. "How much longer 'til we get back?"

@,@, Terra Lioname
Terra was tired of sitting idle in the same place. After making sure that there was someone who knew where he was he started walking outside. He had to get some air... and Fenix had to fly around. Sitting idle for the phoenix wouldn't be good for future combat. After all one must be ready at all time for the struggles to come. It was certain that there would be many in this troubled time. "People were going to try and solve them..." he thought as he went on to the streets watching as Fenix tried to impress him with his Maneuvers around the stores and people. He smiled... Fenix was like a good friend... he and Terra were together since very early, he had practically raised Fenix himself... well except hatching the egg that is. 

As he was thinking so it did happen that he noticed some ponies with flyers on them handing them out to people. Interested as he was he approached them with kind-hearted manner and curiosity. 

"I am sorry if i am interrupting... but i couldn't help but notice you're handing out flyers... and i was interested to know about that if you are willing to tell me."

(edited)

Redwave.

@@Windbreaker,

@@Tricksters Pride,

As supposed as he was that the female knew who he was (an achievement in itself, given that a few months ago he would have assumed that his name was known across the land), Redwave didn't miss a beat. He grunted slightly and shifted his weight awkwardly.

"I would prefer, ma'am, that it were in my own hooves, and as far from the hooves of any users of witchcraft as possible.."

His eyes shifted - glancing back and forth between the pair. There was something strange about the mare - something that he couldn't quite figure out. She felt... wrong. Perhaps it was a result of his past misadventures: of being around so many creatures that merited superstition.

Perhaps he was simply paranoid.

"Magic... I dispose it - all the wrongs in this world seems to stem from it: radiate towards it. It's like some vulgar affliction which cannot be purged. Starsinger was certainly quite mad, but always was he open about his intentions."

---------------

Scribe.

@,

"Oh, yeah that." Scribe grinned. "You been living under a rock or something? It's not safe out these days. Not really safe inside either but... y'know."

Even as he spoke the words his mental voice began to admonish him.

'Nice advice idiot. I'm sure she's so grateful...'

Thankfully, another voice cut it off.

@,

"Oh, you found one?" Scribe asked blankly - shaking his head quickly to clear the surprise and returning to his passive grin.

"I mean, yeah - we've got a plan to try and sort this whole thing out before it gets any worse. Just need more hooves to help out. Red reckons that this is big - bigger than what just us two can deal with so... well, that's about it! Figured that Canterlot was a better place than Ponyville to find folks who know how to fight."

---------------

Bardic Knowledge.

@@Umbreon,

@@Windbreaker,

@@SilverHeart,

@@Icy Void,

As the group moved further southward, Bardic looked back. He didn't know what to think of them, and it would take a moment of peace to assess them properly. Until then though...

Bardic had been through a fair ordeal of his own, but had only one companion to lose... and he hadn't been particularly close to Harlequin anyway. They seemed understandably distraught - the number that had been lost on their journey was by all accounts terrible.

He looked back towards the road ahead of him, slowed slightly and closed his eyes, as words began to form in his mouth...

Edited by Cinderscribe

Pavisa

@,

@@Windbreaker,

@@Icy Void,

Pavisa had been trying to think of what to say, and had been about to open her mouth when Bardic began to sing up ahead of them.  Her ears perk up slightly as she turns her gaze towards the bard, staying quiet while listening to his words.  The ex-guard couldn't help but let a small smile come to her muzzle at the song.  It wasn't exactly a topic to smile about, but there was something about the weight of the bard's words that helped reassure her somehow...  Some of the words had been things she'd already told herself, but the conviction behind his voice made them sound so much more...  Real.

She lowers her gaze briefly before looking back to the others.  She moves over to nudge Aegis gently, smiling slightly at the stallion.  "I imagine the ship can't be too far off.  We should be there soon, I hope."  She wanted to say something else, but any words that came to her seemed like a pale comparison to Bardic's singing.  Instead she just winks at the pegasus before moving away a little, back to a more comfortable distance.

Turning her gaze back towards Kingfisher, Pavisa nods at Orion's prone form.  "I can take a turn carrying him if he's getting heavy.  Without my armour weighing me down I don't even feel like I'm hauling my own weight."  She pauses for a moment before letting her gaze drift towards the sword at Kingfisher's side.  "...Off topic, but I don't suppose you have an extra blade back at your ship do you?  I lost my halberd back in the mountains, and something tells me I'm going to need a weapon before all this is over."

(edited)

Midnight Sky

Midnight had wanted to say something in response to Fisher's remark, but he found that he just couldn't say what he wanted to. Partially because what Fisher said was true, he had been nothing but a threat to them since this whole thing began, and now that Willow was dead they were essentially carrying a time bomb that could go off at any moment, but it just wasn't in them to leave somepony to die, even Orion. Midnight was still thinking about that when he heard Bardic start singing, and the song struck home pretty accurately. It at least helped to ease his mind a little. When Pavi went and spoke briefly with Aegis, Midnight felt sorry for the writer. Aegis may not be very badly hurt physically compared to the rest of them, but Midnight could tell that the psychological strain must have finally taken it's toll on Aegis, he just didn't seem like the same pegasus anymore.

"And on that note, you wouldn't happen to have any tools I could use to repair my armor on-board the ship as well? I have a feeling I'll need my armor to be at it's best with all that's going on. That and I want to try and open this other lockbox as well, despite her flaws Ammy was actually quite helpful and the tune that seemed to follow us around saved our lives on several occasions. I figure we need all the help we can get." Midnight asked after Pavi brought up borrowing a weapon. He didn't want to mention that his armor was a lot harder to replace than Pavi's, or that the music note lockbox had resonated with the strange music back in the caves, that wasn't very important at the moment.

Edited by Icy Void

Patience

@@@Windbreaker,

Patience wasn't very thrilled to hear that this Noble had the power to drop a mountain on ponies, a fight was all well and good but Patience was rather fond of living. Not to mention the fact that he betrayed his own to do so, she'd had enough of that in... Well she'd had enough of betrayal already and didn't plan to add another to the list. So she was understandingly disgruntled when she sighed and muttered just within the captains hearing range. "Well crap, sounds like a real charmer..." Opening her wings fully and preparing for everything to hit the fan as she said it too.

Though the mares careless manner didn't do any good, to Patience she was either clueless... Or more likely that she was a capable combatant too. When coupled with the fact that from the sounds of it not only did she admit that Noble was a traitor, which was bad enough in Patience's mind, but the insane pony was a better option!... Yeah it did little other than to remove any traces of hesitation in the merk. Hell she even agreed completely with Redwave, from the sounds of it he wasn't too fond of magic either and that in itself was enough to raise her opinion of him. Something she voiced out loud in a more companionable tone tone than before, even if she was still slightly nervous this seemed like a stallion that she could get along with. "Hahaha my thoughts exactly Captain, not to fond of magic myself..."

@,

Minty Wintergreen

"...of course." Minty felt ashamed that she didnt know what was going on. Well, it was partially her fault because she never went out of her house since the incident in Canterlot a year ago. She moved back to her parents' house. She always wondered though - what was Redwave doing nowadays? Was he off with that Bardic fellow?

She froze up when Scribe mentioned Red's name. "Redwave's here?" Certainly he must've meant somepony else. It was almost too good to be true - she's regretted how she exploded at him the year before, but it wouldn't have happened if he weren't so insensitive to the Princess. She wondered if he still had the artifact she gave him.

She glanced around, making sure that the new pony and Scribe blocked her, just in case Red saw her, peering around Scribe and there he was.

What was she supposed to do? What was she supposed to say? Maybe if she just trotted away quietly, he wouldn't notice. He'd probably kick her out of Equestria if he saw her again.

Aegis Dare

A tear rolled down his face as the bard finished his song. But it didn't restore the writer's lost faith. At present, they were just pretty words set to a melody. Or so Aegis told himself. He nodded to Pavisa and gazed out the window again, this time seeing himself from two weeks ago. He'd been so happy, carefree, so innocent.

He scoffed and returned to his seat, crying silent tears for the lost.

---

Noble and Gwyn

@,

Things had gone bad for Noble. They saw him as a betrayer, reducing his already broken ego to nothing. Even Gwyn pointed it out. He regretted ever looking for the Litany. Maybe if he hadn't, none of this would have happened. He turned to leave, but he wasn't going back to Canterlot. He was going somewhere else. Maybe find somewhere isolated; a hole to die in, as it were.

"I see your point, Captain. But the Litany is with me. Nopony else will suffer this curse while I still live. Take care of Gwyn... and goodbye."

Before Gwyn could say anything, Noble's wings flashed out from beneath his plain black coat and he took off. Where he was going was anypony's guess, but given the state he left in, it was unlikely that he was going to cause trouble.

"Always dramatic. So... weapons away?" Gwyn asked, a hint of nervousness in her otherwise carefree voice.

(OOC: Posting from my phone. Sorry for the lack of formatting.)

MIRROR IMAGE

Mirror Image trailed behind the others, but she followed along. It made sense, after all Zintiik had flown ahead of the group. Without him here there wasn't a pony she truly trusted. Not that the changeling actually cared for any pony beside Orion or Willow, still...he probably wouldn't want to be alone with this group either. That said, walking behind the others without anyone to talk to was rather lonely. It's funny how only in the company of others was loneliness ever a problem....

Scribblers absence was more noticeable than she had expected it to be. Whether he was dead or alive was unknown. He could have teleported himself out and away. Or...maybe he had been crushed by the rocks.

Mirror looked at Orion's prone form. If he was lucky, he would stay like that, then die. He probably wouldn't recover from Willow's death. In fact it'd probably drive him insane with grief. No pony would benefit from that situation.

Kingfisher.

Kingfisher shook her head slightly.

"Might have a few swords knockin' around but armour's more of a hindrance than a help at sea, so you won't find much help there."

Looking around at the others, the sailor thought back on her adventures. Certainly this was the first without her captain: at least without his specific orders. It was strange, but at least she had been with a trustworthy (if unstable) party.

Was with, she reminded herself angrily. Despite their losses, the ordeal hasn't managed to kill them all off yet: and now they had Kazemde with them, she had a face from her past to add to those of her welcome (and not-so-welcome) companions.

They were alive: that was a success in her mind. It was getting harder and harder to see things that way admittedly... but the fact that she was still breathing brought some small measure of relief. That, and having guidance once more in the form of Bardic. She wasn't a leader - as was evidenced by those that had fallen under hear leadership.

"Tends to be safer to not weigh yourself down when the ocean might try an' claim you at any minute in my experience: I've seen it happen before. Not a pretty sight."

---------------

Bardic Knowledge.

"I believe..." Came the careful voice of the unicorn leading the way as he came back into view. Tall, sporting a foreign-looking style of gold banded armour over a white cotton robe and carrying a spear of some kind slung over his back, the 'wanderer' (as he had dubbed himself) held up a hoof.

"We should arrive soon - here will be a suitable place to rest a while." Bardic looked over the selection of ponies that had emerged from the ruin: noting how few of them were likely the ones that he had contacted in the first place. He hadn't spoken with them a great deal - they had been busy with their thoughts and that was quite understandable.

"I am Bardic, as I suspect you might have summarised." He explained. "I believe that since our destination is near, we have a little time to spare. I would know how to address you all at least, if we are to continue traveling together."

---------------

Redwave.

"I... what?"

Red stalled for a moment, before lowering his blade so that it pointed at the ground between him an the mare - more out of sheer confusion than anything else.

"A barbed word towards your master does not excuse you of suspicion, dear...." He said, still managing his overly eloquent speech pattern even if his voice had a blank tone to it. "... whatever name you take for your own. Do I know you, madame?"

---------------

Scribe.

"Yeah of course he..."

Scribe stalled.

'Figured it out, didn't you?'

He blinked.

Mintatheena Wintergreen - of course. Well it was hardly his fault he hadn't recognised her!

Really? I mean, she's pretty distinctive...'

He winced.

"Huh. Aha. Well... this is awkward." The stallion mumbled. He glanced behind him towards his cousin - who seemed to have taken the opportunity to surround himself with two mares potential recruits. "Ah... well... Oh! Hey Red! Look who it is!"

'Oh great... because clearly nothing could go wrong with this...'

@,

Minty Wintergreen

Minty tried to make a pretty much useless attempt to duck out of sight of Redwave - she still wasnt sure if maybe Red already made a new marefriend - especially since the mares seem to be flocking to him now. Scribe seemed nice enough, but what would Redwave say if he saw her? Would he still be angry like he was the last time he saw each other?

"er.. It's nopony! Hehe, nopony." Minty's wings folded out, preparing to fly away out of her cowardly instinct. But this might still be a chance to patch things up with Red. Just in case though, she decided to look pitiful so that he

(edited)
Aegis Dare

@,

"If that's your way of asking our names... I'm Aegis Dare. Used to be a writer and a storyteller, but I think that part of me died in that cave-in..." Aegis said, putting the journal away in his bags. He gazed arond at the others. Still hopeful and still optimistic. How he envied how they still had their faith. Then again, perhaps he was just denying what may still be there, just buried deep down so Aegis couldn't see it.

---

Gwyn

@,

"Obviously not, because I'm not a slave. He is my brother, not my master. And as you can plainly see, he's no kinder to me than he is to you because he just..." Gwyn paused mid-sentence as it dawned on her what Noble had just done. Her expression changed from indignance to shock, confusion and sadness. "He abandoned me... After he promised we'd stay together as family."

A few tears rolled down her cheeks before she came back to her senses. "S-sorry. My name is Gwyn, and I only knew your name because Noble said it and you responded. You could say it was an educated guess. Anyway, I assume that I'm not wanted here. That's ok. I'm not really wanted anywhere. Sorry to waste your time, Captain." She said, almost convinced that she was going to be alone, maybe forever, now that Noble had finally taken the title 'betrayer' to heart.

Edited by Windbreaker