Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies as a religion and my spiritual experiences

ScarfaceOne

There is so much irony in your statement.

How so? I'm not religious, but God hasn't been proven to NOT exist, yet I think we all know that, well, a colourful horse princess doesn't exist. Honestly.

• Brohoof 1

How so? I'm not religious, but God hasn't been proven to NOT exist, yet I think we all know that, well, a colourful horse princess doesn't exist. Honestly.

Debatable. Egregores and Tulpas are also non - falsifiable.

If we were to grant that psychic entities can be created out of the unconscious collective idea of something like a cartoon character, then any fictional being can have a certain level of metaphysical tangibility and reality.

So it is not out of the question when you look at it that way.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Debatable. Egregores and Tulpas are also non - falsifiable.

If we were to grant that psychic entities can be created out of the unconscious collective idea of something like a cartoon character, then any fictional being can have a certain level of metaphysical tangibility and reality.

So it is not out of the question when you look at it that way.

/r/Iamverysmart.

Sure, let's worship Sunbutt. People already think the Brony fandom is weird, why stop now?

Either way, I find it hilariously pathetic and your responses amuse me.

EDIT;; Didn't even realize you actually worshipped her until I clicked the religious link in your signature. Wow.

Edited by Death The Kid
  • Brohoof 1

Hello guys. What do you think if Bronyism was a religion? With Celestia being god? Is it possible? Because not only do i talk to god. I Talk to Celestia as well. I Have these personal experiences. On the day before the royal wedding of Britain. I heard static on the radio. Which is Celestia requesting help. Then recently on the radio. I heard a boy in a commercial state about a ''Pegasus with Rainbow Hair''. And then the following month. A Bizarre aircraft flew over me and faded into the distance. Indicating it had a cloaking device and therefore it was an Aircraft from Ace Combat. Is Celestia Trying to contact me? Is Chopper trying to contact me? Forgive me if i'm crazy. By the way. 

Heresy!

Nicolas Cage, aka the Emperor of Mankind is the one true God. XD

Seriously, I would not feel convertible worshiping Celestia as god. Nor do I think she would have humanity worship her. If she's anything like The Conversion Bureau Celestia, then I would most defiantly not worship her. 

/r/Iamverysmart.

Sure, let's worship Sunbutt. People already think the Brony fandom is weird, why stop now?

Either way, I find it hilariously pathetic and your responses amuse me.

I'm not adverse to you thinking it's a bit silly, in fact it kinda is, and a good sense of humor is a per-requisite to taking anything of a religious nature seriously, IMO.

However, one does not simply look down on anyone's seemingly absurd beliefs with a mocking attitude, coupled with a false illusion of superiority.

To do so is foolish, prideful, egotistic, insensitive, immature, disrespectful, ignorant, and detestable.

• Brohoof 1

God is a fictional character from a book, mlp ponies are fictional characters from a show.  you can't say you can't prove one is fake but not the other.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not adverse to you thinking it's a bit silly, in fact it kinda is, and a good sense of humor is a per-requisite to taking anything of a religious nature seriously, IMO.

However, one does not simply look down on anyone's seemingly absurd beliefs with a mocking attitude, coupled with a false illusion of superiority.

To do so is foolish, prideful, egotistic, insensitive, immature, disrespectful, ignorant, and detestable.

It's not seemingly absurd, it's flat out weird. Seriously, how can you believe in something you know as a cold, hard fact is not real? There is no proof that God does not exist.

God is a fictional character from a book, mlp ponies are fictional characters from a show.  you can't say you can't prove one is fake but not the other.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you poor thing. Wow. Educate yourself. God cannot be proven nor disproven. You have offended so many people with that statement.

Peace.

• Brohoof 1

It's not seemingly absurd, it's flat out weird. Seriously, how can you believe in something you know as a cold, hard fact is not real? There is no proof that God does not exist.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you poor thing. Wow. Educate yourself. God cannot be proven nor disproven. You have offended so many people with that statement.

Peace.

um, educate myself how?  god was written about in the bible by a human being, just as mlp was written about by human beings.  people choose to believe in the for whatever reasons.  but you can't disprove either of them, and you surely can't prove either of them.

• Brohoof 1

Peace.

Weird, absurd = subjective opinion.

Sure, God cannot be proven or disproven, and neither can egregores and tulpas of ponies.

Your statements are equally offensive.

Lemme ask....are you trollin?

(edited)

Peace.

Prove that Great Cthulhu does not exist; in a perpetual state of dreaming death in the sunken corpse city of R'lyeh.  Prove that the Greek god Zeus does not exist; tossing lightning bolts from his abode atop Mt. Olympus.  Prove that a giant, invisible, space-dwelling hippopotamus that planted the very idea of a non-hippopotamus god into our tiny human minds does not exist.  The Christian god is about as real as any of those other things.  None of them can 100% to the satisfaction of everyone be proven to not exist.  The burden of proof lies squarely in the hooves of the believer.  Also, the abundance of all manner of gods suggests that - gosh Idunno - people want and need to believe in a higher power.  And are pretty darned quick to say, "Oh, 'twas this higher power as no rational explanation yet exists..."  And if people created all these other deities, why would this one particular god fellow be any more real or believable than they???  I could invent any number of things / deities within the bounds of this very post, and you couldn't prove or disprove any of them.  Explain to me how this "god" fellow is special.

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)
Didn't even realize you actually worshipped her until I clicked the religious link in your signature. Wow

Hail Celestia, in all her shining glory.

Through the art of Concordomancy, we may attune ourselves to her egregore and absorb the wisdom associated with her character and the more we communicate with this cluster of sentient etheric information, the more it manifests itself in our life, until her presence becomes and undeniable aspect of our subjective reality.

As Celestia is archetypical, she is associated and linked to the egregores and godforms of all other wise benevolent sun gods, being just another manifestation of a subtle psychic phenomena that has existed in mankind since before the pyramids.

Edited by Minister KelGrym

(edited)

There's only one god......and his name is GODZILLA

Just kidding

Anyhow, going back, Bronyism.........a religion.  I don't mean to be harsh, but that's a little too extreme.  As Matt Hill said on Ponyville Live, as well as a conversation with me.....there are some who take things to the extreme, but he is an extreme athlete as well as me who can deal with "extreme" situations like that.  In addition, Bronyism would be "heresy" and a "laughing stock" on other religious beliefs. 

Shrek is the only true god

I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing...........what a great choice.

Edited by Thunder-Wing

There's only one god......and his name is GODZILLA

If Godzilla were real (and I wasn't fleeing from him in terror lol) I can see him being worship-able.  Same goes for Great Cthulhu.  And if the two got into a fight, I'd say, "Guys!  Please don't fight!  You're both awesome.  As is Rainbow Dash."  And then...  I'm gonna just stop now. xD

• Brohoof 1

When something that just isn't true becomes reality for someone, that is called a delusion.

We all live in one some way or another, but yours may require some help...

There is no state of mind that is not also state of delusion.

What we have are perceptions that correlate with reality only to a certain degree, before they deviate.

I live in a state I like to call controlled insanity.

"Bronyism" is not a religion. It cannot be a religion because it does not meet the criteria for a religion.

Agreed. Bronyism is just a fandom in of itself.

A religion would have to be constructed from elements of mlp and given a different label.

(edited)

I think you can belive whatever you want i belive in some bronyism like thinking i beg to Celestia instead of ex god.

Btw you can create and belive in an own religion... Anyone with me? ;)

Anyways i think you can belive what you want and beg to who ever you want.

So who is up for the idea of bronyism? :yay:

I am on!

EDIT: i know bronyism "does not meet the criteria for a religion." but we still can belive right?

Edited by Flying wub

(edited)

Hail Celestia, in all her shining glory.

Through the art of Concordomancy, we may attune ourselves to her egregore and absorb the wisdom associated with her character and the more we communicate with this cluster of sentient etheric information, the more it manifests itself in our life, until her presence becomes and undeniable aspect of our subjective reality.

As Celestia is archetypical, she is associated and linked to the egregores and godforms of all other wise benevolent sun gods, being just another manifestation of a subtle psychic phenomena that has existed in mankind since before the pyramids.

Comedy gold. made me laff

Edited by Shanghai
  • Brohoof 2

There is no state of mind that is not also state of delusion.

What we have are perceptions that correlate with reality only to a certain degree, before they deviate.

I live in a state I like to call controlled insanity.

Agreed. Bronyism is just a fandom in of itself.

A religion would have to be constructed from elements of mlp and given a different label.

Please reread what I said.

(edited)

Umm.... This topic scares me a little.

Noone of these memories you talk about are reliable at all. Hearing voices in static happens all the time and flying aircraft could be everything from birds to rocks. Anyway, are we discussing how a flying cartoon horse with a magical horn could be a god? O_o

By the way is not a huge chunk of the brony fandom christians? Christians cannot have any other god than the one they have described in the bible.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

In order for something to be a cold, hard fact would be for there to be a distinct way to prove or disprove the truthfulness of it. The idea that a being exists purely upon it's creation, regardless of the being that creates it, is a truth. It exists at that moment. It's not so hard to believe that further creation and modification of behavior makes said behaviors exist. People require evidence of some sort to prove something's existence but often that evidence isn't enough. They require more and more evidence and eventually they start differentiating between what is real in this world and anything that is strictly not possible to experience in this world isn't real. That's the kicker.

Many believe so strongly that this world is what's real and anything else is fake until proven otherwise to the point that some things are fake by default as if it was purely fact.

So, is Celestia as a divine being contacting others in a spiritual or religious way denial of reality? Not by the constraints of this particular world. Anything that doesn't interact directly with this world has every bit of potential to be real in the grand scheme of things, it's just not possible to interact with them in any direct way.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

Well, ponies do exist, at least...

Umm.... This topic scares me a little.

Noone of these memories you talk about are reliable at all. Hearing voices in static happens all the time and flying aircraft could be everything from birds to rocks. Anyway, are we discussing how a flying cartoon horse with a magical horn could be a god? O_o

By the way is not a huge chunk of the brony fandom christians? Christians cannot have any other god than the one they have described in the bible.

A flying cartoon horse is not any less likely than an invisible bearded man with an obsession for the doings of small little ape villagers floating around on a speck of blue dust. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

A flying cartoon horse is not any less likely than an invisible bearded man with an obsession for the doings of small little ape villagers floating around on a speck of blue dust. 

Who is the bearded man? O_o

Anyway would you beleve in an almighty flying horse from a cartoon which is targeted for young to teenage girls? XD (Soory if anyone got offended.)

Edited by A CrayZ Cat

Who is the bearded man? O_o

Who is the bearded man you are talking about? O_o

That's up to you!

zeus_1.jpg

jesus-christ.jpg

Odin_by_yigitkoroglu.jpg

And now I'm picturing Odin riding on a colorful flying pony... Let us thank Celestia that the vikings were not bronies. 

• Brohoof 1