Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies as a religion and my spiritual experiences

ScarfaceOne

Hello guys. What do you think if Bronyism was a religion? With Celestia being god? Is it possible? Because not only do i talk to god. I Talk to Celestia as well. I Have these personal experiences. On the day before the royal wedding of Britain. I heard static on the radio. Which is Celestia requesting help. Then recently on the radio. I heard a boy in a commercial state about a ''Pegasus with Rainbow Hair''. And then the following month. A Bizarre aircraft flew over me and faded into the distance. Indicating it had a cloaking device and therefore it was an Aircraft from Ace Combat. Is Celestia Trying to contact me? Is Chopper trying to contact me? Forgive me if i'm crazy. By the way. 

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

Sometimes when you want to believe something hard enough you begin to think it's true. You'll see mundane things as more than they are. You'll hear random words or phrases that are completely normal but you'll take them as a sign of some sort when they aren't necessarily anything at all.

I'm always the advocate for theories that break the mold of the universe. One of my many theories is that things we see on TV or in video games are windows to another world so it could be entirely possible for such things to be true.

The only thing to remember is that Celestia herself may or may not be the highest power in Equestria. Worshiping her as a god of some sort may be off-kilter. She's royalty with powerful magic and lives in a world where the supernatural is seemingly an aggregation of multiple beings instead of just one. All of these beings being worldly creatures, AKA the princesses.

Above all else, don't let yourself succumb to blind following because of wishful thinking alone. You need to find reason for your belief beyond "just because" if you want to uphold this belief system at all. As it is now your belief can be traced back to your love of MLP and an extreme desire to exist within that universe which borders on delusional, not prophecy. There is a difference. Learn it and make sure you know which one you are and why.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 6

I just think you are taking minimal evidence too far. To claim that a fictional character made up in a television show is God is ridiculous. Also, personal experiences are unreliable, your memory is actually one of your worst senses - the second an event happens, you already have an incorrect memory of it. Also, there's a lot of tricks your mind can play on you in many different ways - there are guys that KNOW FOR A FACT that they are Jesus Christ - they are all mentally insane of course, but they believe it with their entire beings. Just take into account more than very minor events okay?

• Brohoof 4

You need to get out more buddy LMFAO!

Worshipping cartoon characters is terrorfiying to watch.. I truely believe you need to go outside and stop thinking of MLP, its a great show.. but this is taking it a bit too far

• Brohoof 3

Sorry if i'm offending anyone because i don't mean to but this seems slightly insane. The quote below is what makes me think this is trolling.

A Bizarre aircraft flew over me and faded into the distance. Indicating it had a cloaking device and therefore it was an Aircraft from Ace Combat.

• Brohoof 6

I think taking a love of anything so far as to create your own personal religion out of it is something you should re-examine in your life, carefully and frequently.

(edited)

I know have just thought about there being a message behind my little pony ( this is nothing to do with how I actually think of the show and this theory is just to replace my last post with something , think of it as something an anti-brony would say) , saying religion is what divides us and is the cause of so many bad things in the world

Edited by madjack2001

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that some ponies take their religions more seriously than others. What may seem like simple events and occurrences to somepony may seem like divine influences to others. I'm not sure why, but I will investigate this matter further as my next friendship lesson.

Your faithful student,

Regulus

• Brohoof 10

Ohhhh....kay?

Then again there is Googlism and Don't forget Scientology!

Both equally strange!

(No offence to Scientologycts and Googlists)

If you have to say "no offense" it means you're probably saying something offensive. ;)

• Brohoof 1

somepony may find it offensive....

That's not your fault or what I'm getting at. The fact is, if you have to utter the words "no offense" it's a pretty good indication of what you said can be taken as offensive. It serves no purpose other than that. It doesn't automatically quell any offense someone might take to it. If someone actually finds it offensive and wants to make something of it, they will do it. "No offense" is not a preventative measure of that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't think turning our fandom into a legitimate religion would be a very...intelligent? Thing to do? I don't think that's something that people find enjoyment in, really - religion is something that's drop dead serious, and this is a show meant for enjoyment :D It shouldn't engulf our entire lives, nor should we let it be something that controls our lives. It's something we enjoy, and yeahh, it's something we're usually pretty serious about, but it's something we enjoy, not devote our entire lives to :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 5

There is the potential that this is all random events that you are giving heightened meaning.

That said, it is also in the realm of possibility that the Celestia you believe is contacting you is, in truth, God in a different form so as to appeal to your interests.

• Brohoof 1

I think that we can follow the basic rules and principals that the show created, But to say that Celestia contacted you, is a little strange.

Now I, to my friends, am considered very strange indeed, In fact all on this forum are considered strange to them, I think ScarfaceOne is be experiencing a slight hallucination due to his ADDICTION to the show. That is when the main psychological problems occur. Hopefully ScarfaceOne you can understand the world that was created is fictional, we all wish it was real. Including myself.

Pfft, never mind about Celestia; I worship a blue pegasus pony with a flowing rainbow-colored mane.  In my...  Own special way.

I like MLP.  I don't like religion.  Religion has done plenty of damage; all the while pretending to be a benefit to humankind.  We don't need no pony religion.  Aside from the aforementioned pegasus-worship which is my own, individualized sorta thing lol.

Hahaha this is quite pathetic. To worship a fictional character as a God is also kind of insulting to serious religions, although I think you're joking.

To worship a fictional character as a God is also kind of insulting to serious religions, although I think you're joking.

There is so much irony in your statement.

• Brohoof 6

This kind of reminds me of that one asshole on DeviantART who said this about the victims of the Aurora shooting

"May Luna guide them into Celestia's day"

Yes, please, trivialize the deaths of children

• Brohoof 4