Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Religion?

Rozylee

I think we have a topic about this somewhere. I haven't seen it in a while, though.

Anyway, I'm nonreligious, an atheist.

• Brohoof 5

I'm not religious in any way, shape, or form. People can believe in whatever they want, but I'm a nonbeliever and have been for quite some time.

• Brohoof 4

I'm Catholic. A bit ecumenical and somewhat at odds with some of the doctrine, but I still go to Mass.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Envy said:

I think we have a topic about this somewhere. I haven't seen it in a while, though.

Anyway, I'm nonreligious, an atheist.

Same :) freeedoommmmmm (or you know... we just don't care)

• Brohoof 1

Seventh-day Adventist Christian. Grew up with it my whole life and chose to get baptized 4 years ago, before I got into MLP mind you.

However, despite how I decided to join the herd, I still hold strongly to my beliefs (hence why I said I chose to get baptized before I got interested in MLP).

• Brohoof 2

I am absolutely, with zero doubts or reservations, a non denominational Christian, because I know for an absolute fact that Christianity is the one and only truth, and that accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior is the one and only path to salvation. I could go into great detail about why I feel this way, but I don't even know where to begin because my understanding of this truth comes from a summation of the entirety of my life experiences, but most particularly extremely important events that I have experienced within the past several years. Perhaps some time in the future I will write a blog series on here going into detail, but I am going to keep this post brief.

In addition, I am strongly against the idea of being a member of a Christian denomination such as Catholicism or Protestantism. I do not believe that denominations are biblical, because all they do is add man's dogma to the Word of the Holy Christian Bible, which is sinful and deceptive. For example, Catholicism adheres to many false, man-created doctrines that are not only non-biblical but satanic in ways that are subtle enough to deceive billions of people in the world today. 

Lastly, the King James Version of the Holy Christian Bible is the only translation I recognize as legitimate. Any other Bible translation, especially "modern" and "easy to read" translations have proven to stray deliberately and dangerously from the true Word of God, either outright omitting passages or completely changing their wording or meaning.

Revelation 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

There is so much more I can say on the subject, but one of the many reasons why I know for a fact that Christianity is the truth is that God teaches us the true Law, and the true Law does not benefit those in power, wealth, and authority in our human civilization. Countless false religions and ideologies, such as atheism, strongly benefit those in power: one example that only begins to scratch the surface would be how oversaturated the market is with media designed with atheists in mind, how much money is made off of such things, and who exactly is receiving the money. Follow the money and you will learn more about the nature of our civilization than most people will ever tell you.

The following chapter from Job touches on some of the themes I mentioned. The entire Bible, both Old and New Testament is extremely precious and essential, but in my personal experience the Book of Job is one of the precious books of the Holy Christian Bible that speaks to me the most strongly, for many reasons. I strongly recommend giving the entire Book of Job a thorough read.

Job 12

And Job answered and said,

No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you.

But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?

I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn.

He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in the thought of him that is at ease.

The tabernacles of robbers prosper, and they that provoke God are secure; into whose hand God bringeth abundantly.

But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.

Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?

10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

11 Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste his meat?

12 With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

13 With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.

14 Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.

15 Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.

16 With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.

17 He leadeth counsellors away spoiled, and maketh the judges fools.

18 He looseth the bond of kings, and girdeth their loins with a girdle.

19 He leadeth princes away spoiled, and overthroweth the mighty.

20 He removeth away the speech of the trusty, and taketh away the understanding of the aged.

21 He poureth contempt upon princes, and weakeneth the strength of the mighty.

22 He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.

23 He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.

24 He taketh away the heart of the chief of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way.

25 They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Yumekai said:

Same :) freeedoommmmmm (or you know... we just don't care)

Well, for me personally it's not about freedom, nor is it about not caring. Although I sure am glad to never have to feel guilty for not going to church. Church was the worst for me as a child. Now I am able to see that's because I didn't believe like everyone else did, but I tried to shove that thought away back then.

I'm Christian, but I'm not saying why because a whole bunch of people will get triggered and this fourm will be a hell on Earth

• Brohoof 6

An agressive atheist. I like to debate about religion and the existence of a personal god whenever I get the chance to.

(edited)

I am definitely atheist. Especially after an incident that happened with me a few months ago :/

Edited by Scootaloo Feri
  • Brohoof 2

I used to be a Christian when i was a lot younger but since i was so young i didn't know any better and just blindly followed what my family did. When i hit my early teens i had moved away from religion and became agnostic. At this point in time in my late teens i am a full on Atheist.  

• Brohoof 1

Agnostc.

Definition: a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

In short:

Image result for agnostic quotes

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I'm a Muslim from the Shia Branch of Islam. Zaydi sect Branch from my family line, but I'm studying my faith under Twelver Shia and Ja'fari Sects Branches. :)

Even for a believer of the Abrahamic God such as myself, I do suffer from existential crisis questions e.g. What's the point of living if you're gonna die one day? Why live to enjoy life like a hedonist when all this enjoyment is temporary due to our limited existence? Seems pretty shallow way of living your life to your fullest if you ask me.

I also find it interesting that a lot of people really get a raging hard on when the term "god" is mentioned since it would give any person studying hard on learning their history a Vietnam-esque flashback of the Ancient times where Believers of the Abrahamic God fought some Disbelievers for their paganistic practices of Human Sacrifices and Baby Infanticides to please their gods (Old Testament YHWH flashbacks *cowers in fear*).

Perhaps it's best that believers of the Abrahamic God stop using the term 'god' and modernize their approach to their existential questions e.g. there exists a plausibility of a "Creative Force" that is responsible for how we all came into being which incites a divine purpose of living.

If I have to live so hard just to enjoy my life that has limits then no thanks I rather just invite the Angel of Death to my house. :wacko:

What is up with posts I find interesting to talk about while I'm correcting my previous posts? I don't even know anymore. :(

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Just realized a huge oversight that there's a distinction between sects and branches. They're not the same thing.
  • Brohoof 1