Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

Ezynell

What is your religion?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

On 1/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, Jane said:

I grew up in a strange family, they believe in God, but they have never gone to a church or think of going to one, since they do not trust any church for the crimes committed by the Catholic Church during the dictatorship in my country. They simply believe that there is a very good god who had good intentions and takes care of them wherever they go. They are very good people. Anyway, they are very open-minded and agree that I am currently interested in learning about Buddhism.

Sounds like my family actually.

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2014 at 1:59 AM, Jonny Music said:

I'm a Seventh-day Adventist (a Protestant Christian Denomination).

Why? Mainly these reasons, I truly believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour who has died on the cross for my sins as well as for everyone else's (doesn't matter whether they existed from the past, present or the future), I believe in the Bible to the core (it's the main source of doctrine for me), I believe there is truth to the Bible (the Second Coming of Jesus's prophesies are an example) and I truly believe that the Second Coming of Jesus will come soon.

As for the Seventh-day part, I truly believe that Saturday is the Sabbath (day of rest), not Sunday (as the Catholics claimed themselves). The Bible clearly states that the Seventh-day is Saturday, not Sunday, period.

[About 6 years later...]

As of yesterday, I had to make up my mind and be honest with my parents that I no longer wish to associate with the Seventh-day Adventist Church nor its movement, and have declared myself a non-denominational Christian. I came to this conclusion after I have discovered other perspectives I almost never encountered and thus, made me rethink and ask myself, why did I even join Adventism in the first place.

Long story short, after I was confronted by my parents if I still observe the denomination, after much though over the past month and after a few years of feeling like I don't belong in Adventism, I had to make up my mind and choose accordingly.

My parents were understandably disappointed, though they respected my decision, regardless. I still live under their roof in the meantime, so I still have to abide by the household rules (until anything changes in the future, of course).

How about the rest of you? Did any of you have similar experiences or have heard stories similar to this? Feel free to message me privately if you don't feel comfortable sharing your similar experiences on this thread.

• Brohoof 2

I worship Euterpe, the muse associated with the aulos (a super awesome ancient double reed instrument) and said to have invented wind instruments.

jiEzTaR.jpg

Of course, no. I don't really believe. I just think she's the coolest deity ever.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I think I posted on here once a long time ago, but my religious beliefs haven't changed since. :P I'm Christian, though in particular, I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. (Sometimes called Mormon) I've actually been strengthening my beliefs recently too. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

On 10/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Answered in a similar thread, but I am an atheistic Satanist, following the tenets of The Satanic Temple and (the majority of) Anton LaVey's Nine Statements, Sins, and Eleven Satanic Rules.

3 months later, while I still identify as a member of TST, I also primarily consider myself a Hellenic polytheist.

I do dabble in spirituality from time to time. I remember I used to greet the morning Sun and such. Good times. I think Buddhism have some interesting lore, but the more animistic local spirit stuff was always more fascinating to me. Also I really don't like pure materialism, it brings out my bad side.

Edited by Nori984

• 1 year later...

@Ezynell I listed other, because now, after recently coming to terms, yet again, that I simply don't care about religion anymore, I now identify myself as an Agnostic Atheist. I just can't seriously practice any religion simply because I just don't care about it anymore, especially when I have my own well-being and music career that I want to focus on.

I have not a religion. There is quite a lot of information found in scripture that is accurate regarding the model of our plane-t and the luminaries, however. And it doesn't take a genius to realize that there is intelligent design behind this creation. The signature of this "creator" is everywhere, starting with the golden ratio for example. Some even suggest his name is in the human DNA. But that is taking it a little too far, I believe. Anyway, the very constitution of the elements to create something like this is incredible. Everything has a form, logic and function to create a complex ecosystem that can sustain life within nature. Except myself, I am a failure. Hahaha.
So, it would take ignoring this entire reality to say this was created by mistake or chance. It is ridiculous to assume that, and sometimes I feel so despondant that I truly believe this whole thing was a mistake. But that is no reason to close my eyes. Or is it, now?
So, I believe it is safe to say there is an intelligence that you could call "god" behind this creation. And many give that responsability to the character of Yoshua. The one who is allegedly the alpha and omega, whom nothing could have been created without, according to the book. And this is a very likely possibility, considering many of the coincidences in scripture regarding my most recent discoveries as to the working of this model.
And this is coming from someone who does not believe in religion to begin with, mostly because of the human component associated with the institution thereof. As it is said in the book; the flesh is weak... for everyone.

But there is another problem. There are many aspects to reality that do not fit into the puzzle. Like why for example there was a character known as tammuz from babylon who shared resemblance with jesus? Or why the vatican has the babylonian pine cone or the egyptian obelisk, or even the feast of saturnalia? Or a message within the egyptian book of the dead where a passage can be found sharing almost identical words in translation to those from the christ. And then you start to look deeper, and it seems like the same being existed in different cultures under different names and guises.
It makes no sense whatsoever. There are minor tribes across the world that have a deity that came from the waters, and is seemingly yet another form of the same creator sharing the same message, once again.

Another interesting aspect is that humanity is a dysfunctional creation despite their amazing potential. You only have to look at history to realize it. Or out the window. Hahaha. So, would it be a stretch to say the creator is also a dysfunctional being? Now, that would be a disappointing revelation. Don't you think? Especially if the deluge was true. And there is some archelogical research on ancient structures suggesting this could have been the case. Meaning this creator is also prone to incredible fits of violence and destruction, which does not really co-relate when you compare it with the loving character of jesus. The father and the son. Same thing for me. Which is not a good at all. Or also those structures associted with the tartarian empire, which show incredible structural damage as to even cause melting of bloated strucutures fused into the terrain. And many of these buildings now have been crowned with the image of jesus and the cross, despite sharing an architecture that is difficult to associate with most commonly known cultures. So, there is a chance he went at it yet again.
So, who is this character, really? And why do I feel such deep sense of failure when I think about him? The same disappointment I feel when I look at this creation.

Of course. I can be completely wrong about this and the earth is actually a virtual simulation created by an inanimate rubber chicken sitting on a throne. "The master mind behind it all".
I keep on searching. Still, I have the feeling I will be very disappointed once I find the creator of this all. I can see the seams already. Like reality is coming apart. At least he tried to make something, right?
But I am certain you can understand why I do not have a religion of my own. I would have to ignore so much about this world and the remnants of ancient civilizations which may have been yet another failed "time-line" that suffered cataclysmic consequences similar to sodom and gomorrah. Who knows?
But this is such a funny thought, that god could be a complete failure. That would make him relatable for sure.

I am so tired of trying to put all this together. I am so tired of trying to put myself together.

• 1 year later...

Technically speaking mine is unique in that I consider myself to be a follower of "God" in many different forms, names etc or rather that I follow all paths of enlightenment I consider to be a pathway to my spiritual goal.

Or to put it another way I am a Christian, a Buddhist, a wiccan, a pagan, etc etc as is needed and yet I am also not these things if that makes any sense.

• Brohoof 1