What is Derpy's Cutie Mark?

Twi Rubix

I saw Derpy in many different episodes, but I can't seem to see her cutie mark. I think its bubbles or something, but its hard to see when her wings are in the way sometimes. Plus, what is the purpose? I dont see Derpy having a special talent or anything, aside from being popular. B)

What is Derpy's Cutie Mark? And why is it?

Edited by TwilightRubix

Personally, I think cutie marks are usually a symbol that has some meaning to that pony. For example, Applejack's cutie mark is 3 apples. It could just mean that she is an apple farmer, or it could also represent her family. Twilight has 6 stars, representing magic, the Elements of Harmony, and friendship. Cutie marks may not represent just one talent or trait. Bubbles probably have some deep meaning for Derpy, but we may never know that that is.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I have been wondering this for a while, Derpy Hooves has some bubbles as her cutie mark but what does this mean? A cutie mark is a symbol of a ponies individuality, but bubbles?

Add your opinion

post-19632-0-23029000-1379146421_thumb.jpg

i think it means that she is a raging expert at bubbles and likes to discuss bubbles on bubbleforums. does bubbles taste best when they are cooked? 

firm and bouncy bubbles is master race! and so on...

then kids kids have kids 

then kids kids kids kids have kids and so on

evertin vent betters than prespiration

Edited by mineralwater
  • Brohoof 1

I have been wondering this for a while, Derpy Hooves has some bubbles as her cutie mark but what does this mean? A cutie mark is a symbol of a ponies individuality, but bubbles?

Add your opinion

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi there. Your topic is similar to this one that already exists on discussing Derpy Hooves' cutie mark, so I've merged the two. In the future, please bear in mind the search function to check if your thread idea exists or not :)

i watched a video for a long time ago cant find it.

anyway it was about how derpy got her cutiemark and how she got her eyes like that, the story is that derpy was flying in the air in a storm but then a lightning hit her so she got in a coma not for long she felt in the water and then falling in the water so then she got her cutiemark of bubles and her eyes like that yust because a storm. she went to the doctor they couldnt help her with the eyes it was still like that forever. she went to her school with all this but the other classmates laught at her but she did not care she told them that her cutiemark is the makr of seven things she could not know all of them so the first she had was for luck and the other she could remember was for unluck i think it was so  the marks means 7 things.

thats all i remember...

wait i remember the end of it she went to the royal castle in a secret room but then she saw the cutiemark of the mane six she was moving something in it a stone then it felt down and stoped everything with the mane six they froze tho ice celestia was angry and i never saw derpy again after that.

now is the end for me.

She has bubbles as her cutie mark. It's because of her bubbly personality. That's whats been speculated anyway, since there's obviously no mention of it in the official episodes.

As many have said, cutie marks signify more than their talent. It gives insight into each pony's personality.

Derpy's clumsiness causes her good efforts to abruptly end, but she always tries again. Even though these failures can make her sad, she continues to give her best in whatever comes next. Finding happiness in all she comes across. This outlook is captured nicely in her cutie mark. Bubbles are a fleeting beauty that we enjoy as long as it lasts. Although they burst soon after birth, we're no less captivated by the next batch.

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 3

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Well, of course its bubbles but I think it should be muffins instead. I mean she's obsessed with muffins, why not make it muffins.

Cutie marks have to do with their special talents.  It has nothing to do with their occupation.  Pinkie Pie has balloons to represent her talent, but she works in a bakery.  Derpy could very well have some extremely unique talent that none of us apparently can figure out.  lol