Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why don't Luna's shoes match her crown and necklace?

Nothing&NoOne

Locked away in the Moon for a 1000 years, she kinda missed all those "fashion" memos. She probably doesn't really care all that much, anyway.

• Brohoof 1

You mean this?

Posted Image

Simple, she matched her chest piece with her cutie mark. And her silvery hoof shoes might've been her personal taste.

Gotta admit if she took the darker color instead, it wouldn't look any good on her hooves

• Brohoof 1

Because both Celly and Cadence got a much brighter coat color?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Celestia's pieces matched her Cutie Mark (golden sun), and Cadance Cutie Mark was blue and she wore golden pieces.

(edited)

Shoes? I don't think she cared.. I don't care about shoes either... So for whatever reason, I would agree with her..

One time I wore a Dark Green Shirt and pink shoes..

Edited by Linus The Assassin

(edited)

There is an actual reason.

Nightmare Moon and Luna are practically the same person, but with behavior differences. A classic technique to separate them further is to make them physically different as well, and being a children's show, that becomes more important.

The difference? Size and stature being the obvious one, but also observe how Nightmare Moon, being the 'enemy' is more dark-oriented, and Luna is the 'good' character, so is light-oriented. Thus, the light shade shoes on Luna.

Edited by Strife
  • Brohoof 1

Because artists are smart. To be honest, it would be ugly if black. That color is the only one that seems to look nice in my opinion. The shoes give a bit of color she would not have if she had other shoes.

My theory: they're supposed to be glass slippers. Depicting them as transparent is a little tricky, given the animation style of the show. So they appear as a lighter tone of her coat...maybe the reason they're blue-ish is because you can kind of see her feet through the glass. Also, they vaguely shimmer or sparkle.